Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Ignore Them
Ignore Them

Ignore Them

-Lynnyan-Lyn
2 Reviews

The cool breeze blows steadily, causing the grass to ripple slowly as if driven by an unseen current. The ocean of plants stretches out farther than the eye can see, ending only when the sky blocks it’s path. Brown roots buried in the depths below sprout the swirling bark and lushes of green that rise over the sea of colors with an unforetold pattern. Scattered flowers blow in the wind with the soft, green grass in the meadow. Colors ranging from red to indigo can be seen among the green base. And the sky was just beginning to light up.

As the sun begins to set, pink spreads across the canvas of the world above, followed by orange and yellow. The blue begins to shift in shades as well. Suddenly, the meadow is split between the light to the west and the dark to the east. The darkness slowly swallows up the sky, leaving the sun’s predecessor to watch over the sea of green in the newfound dark. The wind begins to slow and the grass no longer dances to the beat of the Sun’s unyielding rays.

All is silent for a few moments. Then the real fun begins. The stars seem to dance as many creatures awaken to explore this new world of darkness. A thousand tiny stars dip down from above and grace the grasses with their light. They string the trees like lanterns and dance in the slow breeze that no longer dances among the green. A band of crickets begins to play the sounds of a silent night, and the night watcher swoops in to find himself a meal. Perhaps a bug, perhaps a mouse.

The party continues until the break of dawn, when the Sun reclaims what is hers. The night swiftly retreats back into hiding, awaiting the perfect time to strike back. The meadow is overcome with light and the wind begins another traditional dance among the green sea. Colors emerge and the world is once again bright. Suddenly, two large animals step onto the sea of the meadow. The trees shake in fear, for they know of these trespassers. The breeze tries to get rid of them, but all efforts are in vain. The troops are sent out to attack, biting and clawing at the beasts. But too many soldiers are lost in the battle and they are forced to retreat.

Instead, the meadow must learn to ignore them.

Author Notes: :^ i hope this is good bc i dont know where i’m going with it-

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
-Lynnyan-
Lyn
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
31 Jul, 2021
Words
406
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
3.0 (2 reviews)
Views
729

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.