Please register or login to continue

Register Login

I'm Safe

I'm Safe

By Storm - 1 Review

The sound of footsteps grew increasingly louder as a man ran in the shadows of an alleyway a few blocks from his destination. The man didn't stop until he reached the door of an apartment building, he opened it and booked it up to the first flight of stairs to his apartment. He swung open his apartment's door and slammed it behind him, then turned off all the lights apart from a lamp that gave off a dull yellow glow. He then settled into his recliner chair and took a swig from a bottle of whiskey, he never felt so scared in his life. The thing he saw could get him killed, he hoped no one had seen him as he ran but he wasn't sure. He stood up and locked his door tight, he grabbed his pistol and returned to his chair. He examined the gun, it contained twelve bullets and he didn't intend on using all twelve on whatever was going to harm him. He loaded the gun then laid back in the chair and closed his eyes. An hour passed and the man was now drowsy from staying awake, he was exhausted and wanted to sleep but didn't trust leaving himself vulnerable. But his eyes grew wide at the sound of scratching or possibly it was something being torn, outside his apartment. Heavy footsteps followed the noise, the man looked at the door and rose to his feet. He readied himself as he saw a shadow pass from under the door, but his heart skipped a beat when the shadow stopped at his door. A groaning noise could be heard from the opposite side of the door, the man aimed the gun at the door. There was only one thought in his head as the door suddenly flew off its hinges, it must have seen me...

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Storm
Storm
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
1 May, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
309
Read Time
1 min
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
948

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.