Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Ingrained Patterns of Thinking Versus the Fresh Mind
Ingrained Patterns of Thinking Versus the Fresh Mind

Ingrained Patterns of Thinking Versus the Fresh Mind

SansidSansid
1 Review

Thinking outside of the box can provide an innovative solution to a sticky problem. However, thinking outside of the box can be a real challenge.

Some years ago, an incident occurred where a truck driver tried to pass under a low bridge. But he failed, and the truck was lodged firmly under the bridge. The driver was unable to continue driving through or reversing out.

The story goes that as the truck became stuck, it caused massive traffic problems, which resulted in emergency personnel, engineers, firefighters and truck drivers gathering to devise and negotiate various solutions for dislodging the trapped vehicle. Emergency workers were debating whether to dismantle parts of the truck or chip away at parts of the bridge. Each spoke of a solution fitted within his or her respective level of expertise.

A boy walking by and witnessing the intense debate looked at the truck, at the bridge, then looked at the road and said nonchalantly, "Why not just let the air out of the tyres?" to the absolute amazement of all the specialists and experts trying to unpick the problem.

When the solution was tested, the truck was able to drive free with ease, having suffered only the damage caused by its initial attempt to pass underneath the bridge.

The story symbolizes the struggles we face where oftentimes the most obvious solutions are the ones hardest to come by because of the self-imposed constraints we work within.

Author Notes: Hope u enjoyed it!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sansid
Sansid
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
13 Sep, 2020
Words
240
Read Time
1 min
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,058

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.