Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Inside Out Pt. 1
Inside Out Pt. 1

Inside Out Pt. 1

Lollipop_56scorp

Jax walked towards his school, his blue backpack swinging behind him. His late night homework did not enlighten his mood. Jax yawned as he walked through front door, his friends greating him with fist bumps.

First class. Math. Jax was not a fan of this subject, but he wasn't a total hater either. He played with his pencil as his teacher droned on about linear equations.

When the teacher called on him and he looked up. His gaze first landed on the teacher, then on the board. The board said:

First class. Math. Jax was not a fan of this subject, but he wasn't a total hater either. He played with his pencil as his teacher droned on about linear equations.

When the teacher called on him and he looked up. His gaze first landed on the teacher, then on the board. The board said:

Jax frowned. What was this? Why was the board paraphrasing his actions and how he was feeling? The teacher furrowed her eyebrows and opened her mouth as if to scold him. Put she stopped, frozen, with her mouth wide open, her eyes narrowed, her eyebrows knitted together.

He leaned over to his classmate sitting right next to him. He whispered "What is wrong with Miss Crocker?" Jax patiently waited for a snarky remark from his classmate, but nothing ever came. He looked at his classmate. He was frozen, blowing a chewing-gum bubble. His cheeks were frozen in a puffed out position. His eyes were slightly crossed, his rasta cap almost falling off his head.

He was frozen. Just like the teacher.

He looked around. Jenny, the teacher's pet, is leaning over another girl, scolding her for drawing on the table. The slacker, Jonathan, was leaning over his desk, snoring and drooling. One droplet of digusting drool was suspended in midair, in between the carpet and Jonathan's open mouth.

Jax, suddenly panicked, stood up. The wheels of his chair squealed in protest, not moving. He glanced at the birds outside. They were gliding in the breeze, but they weren't flapping their wings. They were frozen. Like everything else.

Jax gulped. He had an idea of what happened. But he wasn't sure, but to check he glanced at the classroom clock. And sure enough, the second hand wsn't moving. The minute hand, the hour hand, are both frozen.

Time was frozen.

He looked back at the board. A new huge chunk of text was written on it:

Jax gulped. He had an idea of what happened. But he wasn't sure, but to check he glanced at the classroom clock. And sure enough, the second hand wsn't moving. The minute hand, the hour hand, and frozen.

Time was frozen.

He looked back at the board. A new huge chunk of text was written on it:

What? What? What? Jax kept thinking, like a mantra. What is happening? Life, please explain.

His animal instincts told him to run. Told him to get out of there. To put space in between himself and this math class. He paced back and forth in front of the class, right next to the weird board. Each time he glanced up, new words appear on the board. He looked up again, for the millionth time, checking it, trying to make sense of it.

Each time he glanced up, new words appear on the board. He looked up again, for the millionth time, checking it, trying to make sense of it.

Jax shook his head. He needed to get out of here. Now.

Jax walked to the door, opening with the handle. But it won't budge, no matter how hard he pulled. Time was frozen, and so was Jax's only escape.

He walked back to the front of the classroom, pacing once again. He looked at Miss Crocker, her mouth still open. Suddenly, she unfreezes, and she loudly says "Jax, can you read 19 please?"

Jax looked around the classroom. The birds outisde started moving again, flapping their wings and cawing noisily. Jonathan's drool hit the floor. Jenny started scolding loudly again and her victim was cowering.

Time decided to unfreeze.

She stared at his empty seat, frowned then her gaze darted to Jax in front of the board. "How-" Miss Crocker points to his seat and then to where Jax was standing "How did you-" she repeats, confused. "How..." she trails off. Then, the bell rang, making everyone jump.

Miss Croker waved at everyone, signaling them to leave class for recess. Jax's classmates packed up their things and left, as if nothing happened.

Miss Crocker turned around, muttering something about early retirement and kids driving her crazy. Jax just stood there for a few moments, dumbfounded.

He finally gathered his bearings and packed up. He left class in silence, asking himself what the hell happened.

Author Notes: There's a vine reference in here. (hope you find it XD)
Of course, a big thanks Mbapp10 for ideas and inspiration, as well as being on the phone while I was writing this. Thanks a lot for giving ideas, writing with me and the rest! It was a great cooperation.

Also, I'm so proud of myself because I wrote exactly 800 words unintentionally. I don't even know why I'm proud. Just a weird coincidence. Anyway, um, bye! :D

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
10 Mar, 2019
Words
800
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
807

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.