Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Intruder
Intruder

Intruder

-Lynnyan-Lyn
1 Review

Beep, beep, beeeeep!

My eyes popped open at the sound of my alarm. I could feel my chest heaving up and down heavily as if I had just awoken from a nightmare. I sat up quickly, immediately regretting it. I felt a sharp pang in my head. I groaned and shut off my alarm, which was making my headache that much worse. It's incredible how quickly things spiraled downwards today.

I staggered out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom. I cleaned myself up, got dressed, and made sure my breath smelled minty. I grasped my neck as I made my way downstairs, where I knew I would find chaos. But, surprisingly, there was none around. My family appeared to still be sleeping, so I had a few minutes to myself before they awoke.

I started up the toaster, plopping two waffles inside. Then, I made my way back up the stairs to make sure that they were actually asleep. It turned out, they were! So, satisfied with my discovery, I went back downstairs to chow down on some toaster waffles.

I sat down in front of the TV and switched it on. I ate my breakfast to the sound of old, vintage cartoons. I was almost done when the back door burst open. I cocked my head to see the strangest boy run into the house. He ran right past me and began tearing through our cupboards. Spoons, bowls, cups, and plastic containers flew everywhere. Who did this boy think he was?

I would've stood up and told him to get out. I would've walked right up to him, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "Hey, mister, what do you think you're doing in my house?" Then he would've turned around to see that the house wasn't empty and that an attractive young lady was awake. I would have if I hadn't have seen his face as he ran past me.

He looked familiar, but that was impossible. I had never seen this boy in my life! He had his hair sticking up in all different directions, most likely held there by sweat. He looked perplexed and upset about something. So, instead of telling him to scram, I get up and walk over to him and ask, "Who are you?"

He seems startled by the question, as he stops tearing up our kitchen to turn around and face me. He stares at me with a strange longing on his face. I can see pain in his eyes, but he blinks it away quickly.

"Well, uh, I'm..." he stutters, looking for an answer. "I'm your creepy neighbor," he finishes. I raise an eyebrow at him, causing him to sigh and say, "Okay, I'm not from around here, but I have come on important business."

"Are you trying to tell me you're a spy or something?" I ask him sarcastically. He stares at me for a moment, then laughs. Apparently, breaking into my house is like a practical joke to him. I glare at him and then point at the door. "Out."

"That's fair," he says, turning to leave. Then he turns around, kisses me on the cheek and says, "It was nice seeing you again," and exits. I'm still frozen after he's left.

Who was that guy? I ask myself as I clean up my plate of syrup. Just then, a boy comes down the stairs looking practically identical to the boy I just saw. That's when I realize why he had looked so familiar.

Author Notes: Just random nonsense. Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to let me know if you have any requests for more stories! Love y'all <3

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
-Lynnyan-
Lyn
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
23 Feb, 2021
Words
588
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
1.0 (1 review)
Views
1,881

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.