Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Is There A God?
Is There A God?

Is There A God?

AquariusAquarius

From ‘The Treasured Writings of Kahlil Gibran – Kahlil the Heretic’ comes the following: ‘What is this mystery that plays so great a part in our lives? What is this Law that drives us into a rough road and stops us just before we reach the face of the Sun, where we might rejoice? What is this power that elevates our spirits until we reach the mountain top, smiling and glorying, and suddenly casts us to the depths of the valley, weeping and suffering? What is this life that embraces us like a lover one day, and fights us like an enemy the next?’

Where does one sensibly start the exploration of such a vast theme? Maybe by first asking ourselves the most fundamental question of all, which has to be: ‘Is there a God?’ What do you think? After all that has happened and still is going on in our world, could there possibly be one? And should the answer be ‘yes’ and if our God is a loving one – as we are being told – why does He allow our world to be so full of pain, suffering, and inequalities?’ Great parts of humankind, to this day, have such a limited perception of the Eternal that they have difficulties grasping that there is a great deal between Heaven and Earth that has yet to be discovered by humankind.

Finding out who or what God is and who we are is part of the freedom of the Aquarian Age. Naturally, I can only speak for myself and I see the matter as follows: Yes, I do not only merely believe, I know that there is a God – to be more precise – a Creator. This is because I intuitively feel and that it simply cannot be any other way. Yet, I wouldn’t dream of categorically stating that this is the case. To me, like all great ideas, it’s very simple really. How could there be a Creation without a Creator? It’s got to have been created by something or someone. In my view, the answers to our questions of a spiritual nature depend on our own perception and level of awareness. In particular this applies to how and what we imagine God to be. Is it a being or is it the all-pervading energy that manifests itself in humankind not only as that which is good and right and holy, but also the lowest and most evil? The part of God all human beings on the Earth plane are ultimately striving to bring forth expresses itself in the tolerance and love we feel and the kindness we give to each other, without expecting anything in return.

Many have difficulties coming to terms with the fact that God is in everything and therefore in the best as well as the worst that is in us and our world. That which is discordant and ugly, crude and barbaric is the lower unevolved aspect which, with the passing of time, is sure to evolve into something that is good and right, beautiful and perfect. This is as much true in us as in everything else in the whole of Creation. And this must be motivated Werner Heisenberg, 1901-1976, German theoretical physicist and one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics to write: ‘The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.’ There comes the point when one realises that all human scientific efforts can only ever be mere attempts at fathoming out and emulating the spiritual scientific laws of God.

All of us have a different perception of ourselves, our world and God. Each has only one window into these aspects and that is their own. We alone can and indeed have to decide what the Divine as well as everything else means to us. To my mind, different ways of looking at the same issues with which humankind has been wrestling since time immemorial, do not render any of the conclusions someone came to wrong or in some way inferior to another. If something has been and to this day is purposely misleading, this undoubtedly too is happening in keeping with the help and will of God and the Angels, so that we should learn to appreciate and value the truth, when it eventually comes to us, as it will when the time is right. Without the support of God and the Angels nothing can take place anywhere. And that applies as much to the various belief systems of our world as it does to the different types of astrology, like Aztec, Chinese, Karmic, Mayan and Vedic astrology.

I see us all as tiny particles of a vast whole and believe that the functioning of one of us is as important as that of all the others for the wellbeing of race and our world. Every single one of us is rare and precious in the eyes of the One who created us. And whatever we imagine this being to be, even the greatest sceptic is bound to admit that we and our world cannot have appeared out of nowhere. I believe that there is a Great Plan of life and that no matter what happens on the Earth plane, we and our world are safe. God alone – and by this I mean the Great Universal Force, Father/Mother of all life – knows the plan and holds the reigns of our world and all worlds firmly in His/Her loving hands.

For the sake of the patriarchy with its all-male Divinity, we still had to be told by the Jesus legend’s Matthew 24:34-36: ‘Even Heaven and Earth will pass away, yet my words shall not pass away. Concerning the hour and the day when this will happen, no-one knows, not even the Angels of Heaven, but the Father alone.’ But now we are allowed to know that the Angels are the executors of the God’s great plan of life and they do know that this time NOW. Heaven and Earth are not literally passing away, merely the understanding of what kind of purpose they are fulfilling for the spiritual development of our race.

In my view, there is nothing wrong with us and our world. Each one of us was created in keeping with an idea that exists in the mind of the Great Father of all life of the prototype of a perfect human being. This means someone in whom all aspects of its nature are functioning together harmoniously and peacefully the way they are doing in God. We are not some kind of messy random appearance or cosmic joke. Each one of us has been carefully placed in earthly life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way our Father/Mother loves us and wants us to be.

The seed of perfection is within each one of us. As Cicero, 106-43 BC, wrote: ‘Human beings were created to contemplate and reflect the Universe. They are not themselves this great perfection, they are merely particles of it.’ To help us bring forth this perfection from within, all that is required from us is that we should act in kind and loving ways and always give of our best. Through this constant striving the Christ spirit shines ever more strongly from the very core of our being into the outer self, until it has finally taken over our whole being and we have become a Christed one in our own right.

One thing is sure, as you and I will soon explore together, our life and all life is something much more beautiful and profound, as well as a great deal less complicated than any of us could ever have thought possible. Where does one start to explain? Best of all probably through an affirmation that the core of all being, including humankind’s, is spirit. We are here to find a new understanding of ourselves and to re-discover that first and foremost we are spirit. Over many lifetimes, each one of us has learnt and grown through gathering their own experiences of life in physicality. Through this, each individual and also our world developed a soul. Our own soul is part of the soul of our world; this in turn is part of the soul of the whole of Creation. Every human being is constantly feeding into it the memories of the learning that is gleaned from each experience, no matter how small or great it may be.

At the beginning of the Aquarian Age we are discovering a new type of religion that is no longer purely of the mind, but rises to the surface of our conscious awareness from the wise one or living God within who, for a long time merely in seed form, dwells in every human being’s heart. The best definition of the religions that to this day exist in our world that’s come my way to date was in a place where I would have least expected it, namely in Joanna Trollope’s novel ‘A Passionate Man’. Archie is the main character of this tale. His father has died and the local priest drops in and offers him and his wife to pray for the deceased. When Archie refuses, the priest points out: ‘But you are churchgoers. You are part of the Christian family.’ Archie’s patience is at an end and he bursts out: ‘I may be a religious man – I may have a deep religious sense – but I am not at all sure there is a God. Not our God, in any case . . .

‘Don’t you even know what religion means? Are you so hidebound by your colourless bureaucratic orthodoxy that religion only means to you this frightful modern Church with its doggerel hymns and playschool prayers? Religion is an awakened sense of some great controlling force, an awareness that above or beyond there is not just a freedom but a fulfilment. And this awareness of power and possibility makes us strive ever onwards, morally, emotionally, spiritually. What on Earth has such a concept to do with the dreary pen-pushing second-rate God you want to offer me?’

God is hard to describe in mere earthly terms, but I will try. To me, God is something infinitely more sacred and holy, a power much greater, higher and more enlightened that is radiant with the true meaning of light, compassion and love than the teachings of the old religions of our world could ever convey. With their lack of understanding for the true purpose and meaning of Earth life and the esoteric background of their own teachings, all too frequently the Ancient Teachings, which messengers from the higher and highest levels of life from time to time brought to humankind, were misunderstood and misrepresented. Sometimes this happened – as it does in many places to this day – intentionally for the purpose of manipulating the masses into obedience and submission to satisfy the lust for power of those in charge. In many such distortions were necessary because that was all our race could comprehend at the time when a new part of God’s wisdom and truth was given to our world.

* * *
 

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
28 Jun, 2021
Words
1,887
Read Time
9 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
519

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.