Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Its Just a Camp Crush Nothing More (I Thought)
Its Just a Camp Crush Nothing More (I Thought)
This story has some quality issues

Its Just a Camp Crush Nothing More (I Thought)

aspen-fayeAspen-Faye

It was just a camp crush. One of those things that you have for 2 days then it vanishes from your mind entirely, a crush just to have and talk about. But this one stayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last day of camp. We woke up,complained about the inconvenient early wake up and threw pillows at the lights. Especially when the light was right in my face, as I was a top bunk. then after 5 minutes of us girls being slugs the camp counselor blasted out Katy parry songs.(the cement floors,wood walls and bunk beds made the music echo turning it into a concert with no crowd) in less than one repeat of "make it like your birthday every day" the empty cement floor was turned into mad rush hour at the mall, with girls covering their ears trying to block out the crappy song and yelling at each other for every little thing. after all of us were up and dressed,groups of girls formed to walk down to the mess hall for breakfast. and as usual this is when girls fantasized about one boy in particular.

his name was chase Dutton and was the cutest most mysterious guy at the tiny camp. every girl that was in either 6th or 7th grade talked about him. he had white skin with sandy brown hair,brown eyes,killer style,and a perfect tan. none of the girls talked to him but the people he had come with. and those girls were either hated or envied there was no in between. if you talked to him you were questioned and pinned down so it was best if you stere clear of conversation.

at breakfast Martha(my best friend) and I walked over and I sat next to him. even at a church camp there was the popular crowd and the un popular crowd. i was lucky enough to become part of the popular crowd. and not only that i was at the top of the top. unlike other girls I got the chance to talk to chase. and talking came naturally between us it was like there was no one else their when we spoke. some may call the true love at first sight and i guess that's true. i had only meet him 2 days ago and yet i loved him with all my mind and heart. although it would never work he was in 7th grade with a girlfriend and one one side of the state while i was a 6th grader with a "crush" that never talked to me on the other side of the state. we were miles apart and there would never be an us.

i thought of this as we said our final goodbyes, that day we hugged for what seemed like hours but it was olny 3-5 minutes. we exanged numbers and he picked me up bridal style and carried me around like that for 5 minutes. when a camp consoler said my ride was here i hugged him for the very last time and said goodbye. even now months after the camp he still consumes my thoughts. we gave each other cards at the end of camp his is framed and i have his words mesmerized in my head "dear Laura you are lest the best. my ponytail is still in. your brother i also hilarious. i love the nicknames you gave me chassye,blue sweatshirt,ponytail man ect. i loved meeting you. i hope you have a great year!" how could i forget the words of the one i truly care about?

but when people ask me who i like i say i like someone, but i don't specify. i simply say i like a boy. if they ask is he in our school i simply reply with an"i don't know yet". when i tell my best friends about him they say its just "brotherly love, he likes you as a sister not as someone special" or "Laura hes in 7th grade! he has a girlfriend!!! forget him! you have(the person that i like at my school)" but i really don't know if i have him. or even if i like him. because theres always a corner in my mind remembering chase. whenever i talk to"my crush" i think of chase and sometimes I will sit and cry about how it will be a year before i see him agian. i still have pictures and memories but sometimes i see him hugging me and saying that its all okay. but then i wake up to reality and realize i was dreaming. and the worst part is that i love both but one wont talk and the other is miles away.

Report

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
aspen-faye
Aspen-Faye
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
11 May, 2017
Words
791
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
649

Please login or register to report this story.