Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Jane

Jane

By Storm

"Hi, honey!" My wife said walking into the room. She had a smile plastered on her face, her cheeks bright red and her bright green eyes pierced my soul and reminded me that I love this woman.

"Hi, love," I said in return shifting myself to a more comfortable position in my chair. I had a type of dementia that caused me to forget small pieces of my life. She always started off asking what I remember about my life. So I did what she asked and started my list.

"I remember my dad not being a good fatherly figure. I remember my mother guiding me through life. I remember growing up being bullied. I remember being the protector of the underdog. I remember discovering my love for reading and writing. I remember meeting the love of my life. I remember the death of one of my aunts. I remember my grandfather's cancer and how he beat it. I remember- Oh can we go? I remember everything important to me." I said stopping.

My wife chuckled and said, "Sure, why not," I grabbed my things, and with my wife beside me, we headed to the car. She drove a 2000 black dodge charger and I remember loving this car. The way it purred as it flew across the pavement. How it has been with us since we got married. I got into the passenger seat while I cleared my head, I had felt it was logical to let my wife drive. Her name was Jane. We've been together for a few years and loved each other very much. She wasn't deterred when she learned about my issue and was happy to help me. She never thought of leaving me for something she saw as 'just another obstacle in life.' I was, however, getting a little better and have never forgotten her and if I did I knew it means I am getting worse. "Continue," she said, breaking the silence.

"Fine" I grumbled knowing she wouldn't stop till I satisfied her. "I remember working as a machine operator at Nickles. I remember the trouble I had with the bank trying to take our house. I remember my mentor who helped me with my writing. I remember losing contact with my siblings. I remember the nightmares that disturbed my sleep. I remember being depressed. I remember you helping me through these hardships. I remember..." I stopped as I started to stare at the distant woodlands. The brown of trees and greenish orange of leaves and wildlife moving about.

"Honey?" Jane asked worriedly. I didn't answer at first because I was lost in the scenery. "Alex?" She said now nudging me.

"Yy-yes," I said, turning to look at her but was greeted with nothing but confusion as I stared at my wife who I loved so much.

"You ok?" I hesitated for a few moments which felt like forever.

"Who are you?"

Author Notes: This is the final of my starter pieces, more well-done stories will be published soon!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Storm
Storm
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
1 May, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
489
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
598

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.