Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Lady and the Unicorn(part 1)
Lady and the Unicorn(part 1)

Lady and the Unicorn(part 1)

Sparkly_AlicornPoet
3 Reviews

The prince twirled Lavender slowly. He smiled at her, and she stiffened. She shifted her gaze to the floor so she would not have to look into his grey eyes again. His stare made her want to break away, but it was not for a princess to stop a dance. It was improper.

Finally, the dance ended. Lavender curtsied, thanked him, and quickly left. She leaned against a wall.

“Stupid dances, stupid princes. Agh. I just want to sit in my room! Why must I dance with boys that act like men! So high and mighty! I will never marry any of these men. So why should I have to dance with them?!”

“I’m sorry malady,” A knight said, “but I could not help but overhear your rant.”

“Oh! I am so sorry! It is not proper for me to say those things. Please do not tell father.”

“Lav, it is me, Rick.”

Lavender blushed. “Rick! Oh I thought you had outside duty tonight!”

“No, highness, I was reassigned.”

“Thank goodness. I wish we could dance.”

“Me too, Lav. But I have to stand guard.”

“For once, would you please just relax and have fun? You are always protecting us. Would it kill you to participate in one dance?”

“No. But it might kill you.” He said in all seriousness.

“I’m willing to take that risk.” At that, Rick smiled.

“Well then, Princess Lavender, will you join me for this last dance?" He smiled.

“I thought you’d never ask.”

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sparkly_Alicorn
Poet
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
10 Mar, 2022
Words
249
Read Time
1 min
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,226

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.