Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A Letter to Who I Used to Be
A Letter to Who I Used to Be

A Letter to Who I Used to Be

Lollipop_56scorp
1 Review

Dear Me,

You used to be a careless girl. Yet now, you care too much about...everything.

Your hair, your look, your personality. You care too much about what people think of you.

Back when you were a kid, you wore mismatched shoes and clothes. You didnt even give a second thought about other people staring at you. You were being you, and that was all that mattered.

Yet now, you follow trends. Ripped jeans, nice shirts, and always think about how people perceive you.

You're loud and annoying sometimes, yet funny. But I know that is now you. You changed yourself in order to entertain others.

You are kind to everybody, even if they aren't kind back. Back in the good old days, you were mean to mean people, kind to kind people. But now, you swallow and the insults people say behind your back, because you just want them to like you.

And I hate to say this, but you are a murderer.

You killed what used to be you. You shaped yourself into something entirely different. Someone who is sad, but they don't show it. You cover pain in layers and layers of silence and laughs. Layers and layers of lies.

You must stop. What happened to care-free girl? You pushed her out. And now, she is gone.

She will never return.

-Me

Author Notes: Thanks to golden for a little inspiration.
Here's are two songs that kinda goes with this poem and the meaning: (quick copy paste)
https://soundcloud.com/user-536689519/if-i-killed-someone-for-you-alec-benjamin-nightcore-remix
https://soundcloud.com/user-536689519/try-nightcore

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
23 Mar, 2019
Words
226
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,046

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.