Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Letting Our Light Shine
Letting Our Light Shine

Letting Our Light Shine

AquariusAquarius
1 Review

Nelson Mandela in his inaugural address used a quote from the book ‘A Return to Love’ by Marianne Williamson, in which she says: ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It’s our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: ‘Who am I to be brilliant, beautiful, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the Universe and playing small doesn’t serve the world.

‘There is nothing enlightening about shrinking, so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of the Universe that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, but in everyone. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.’

As soon as we are guided by our own inner light, the living God and wise one within, our earthly self no longer has any need for signs and wonders. That’s the only power whose help we require because it is at all times ready and willing to provide us with ideas for working our way through whatever obstacles present themselves. The spiritual knowledge this brings provides us with a new understanding of God’s true nature, our own and the processes of life in which we always have been and forever will be involved. Through taking part in the earthly school of life’s lessons, every human being is constantly gaining in wisdom and understanding. Each can only do this with the help of their own experiences. Every bit of learning we find along the pathway of our evolutionary journey increases our own inner light and that’s how every one of us at all times continues to develop and grow. That’s the light we are meant to share unselfishly with anyone who is in need of it.

In the final analysis, it does not really matter how many earthly possessions we call our own. The only thing that truly counts is how we think and what we do, and that in each one of our daily encounters. The decisive factor is whether our behaviour comes from deep within own heart and soul. Forgiveness that does not have its origin there, has no value at all. If anything, it creates some more negative entries in our spiritual ledger. True forgiveness alone has the power of dissolving all karmic debts. They were created by each one of us ourselves, earlier in this lifetime and all previous ones when we were taking part in the earthly school of life’s lessons.

For long enough by now these debts have kept us and our world fastened to the limitations of the physical world with a strength that is similar to cast-iron chains. Because of this why we alone have the power of dissolving all our debts. First we need to forgive ourselves for setting the wheels of destiny in motion by hurting and wounding those around us. This needs to be followed by forgiving those who ever hurt or wounded us when the law of cause and effect or Karma returned these experiences to us, earlier in this lifetime as well all previous ones.

Updated May 2022

* * *

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
8 May, 2022
Words
557
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
772

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.