Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Love <3
Love <3

Love <3

penquin_feetRachel Elizabeth
1 Review

Ever since I was a child, I've been taught that the phrase "I love you" should be saved for only people extremely important to you, and should not be used lightly. I pictured me saying those prescious three words to my future signifigant other on a beach or a pretty mountain with perfect lighting from a big sunset. That phrase was to be a rarity, only to be used when the time was absolutely right. I was told "I love you" was like a fire, it warmed the soul when used correctly but should not be played with. But now, I disagree.

"I love you" may be occasional like birthday cake, but everyone knows that birthday cake tastes better in the middle of the night when you're the only one awake in the house so you have to quietly enjoy it on the countertop and avoid making noise.

"I love you" may be like a careful dance, but it's obvious that dancing is more fun when it's done recklessly outside in a thunder storm to music only you can hear.

I know "I love you" is like a fire, and it can burn people if used too carelessly. But just like fire, love spreads. Love can not be confined to a special occasion. Love is a blaze. So I choose to spread the fire, sharing love like cake in the night or dancing in the rain. I share it with people who don't deserve it, and people I don't really know.

I know it's reckless. I know it may come back to hurt me. But I don't care. The flames are worth it.

So in case you need it today, let me tell you:

I love you <3

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
penquin_feet
Rachel Elizabeth
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
21 Apr, 2022
Words
287
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
3 (View)
Recommend's
3 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,026

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.