Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Message From The Angels And Masters Of The Christ Circle (16)
Message From The Angels And Masters Of The Christ Circle (16)

Message From The Angels And Masters Of The Christ Circle (16)

AquariusAquarius

You And Your World Are Safe!

Finding Enlightenment (1)

The time around each full Moon is always a good one for finding enlightenment. More often than not it comes to you in the form of better understanding something that could have been puzzling you for a long time. Today is the 13th June 2022 and the Sun in the sky above your world is in Cancer, the sign dedicated to the love and wisdom of the Great Mother of all life. Lifetimes spent in Cancer are dedicated to teaching people on the earthly plane the value of home, mother and ancestry.

Each full Moon in Cancer takes place in its polar opposite, Capricorn and that’s the sign ruled by the zodiac’s stern and undeviating schoolmaster Saturn. Capricorn is the sign in which humankind’s highest hopes and dreams can find fulfilment, if someone has worked hard enough to earn them. One of the finest examples is Elvis Presley. He was born 8th January 1935 and passed from your world 16th August 1977. And to this day, Elvis is known as the King of Rock and Roll. On the whole he is believed to have been one of the most significant cultural figures of your world in the 20th century. And that’s hardly surprising when you consider that Elvis was born while the Sun was in Capricorn on 8th January. Both sign and day are ruled by Saturn.

As pointed out in one of our previous messages, the word religion is based on the Latin ‘religare’. The only thing that connects human beings with life in the whole of Creation and therefore also everything that shares the earthly plane with you, are friendship and love. And as many also know by now, love and evolution are the two main laws of life everywhere. And when, at last, the dross and dregs have been removed from earthly life has been cleared away, your world will be ready for a new kind of religion. This one really does connect all human beings not only with each other but also with all other manifestation of life that can be found in the whole of Creation.

It comes about because the Aquarian sign’s energies are friendship and love with everyone, whoever they are and wherever they may be. And the new Aquarian age religion is based on nothing but these principles. And that’s why you need to understand that even though you may not like what someone does, you can still love them because they are your sibling in the great family of humankind and so is everybody else. If one of them behaves in a way that seems strange to you, remind yourself that as likely as not they are simply what in your world is known as being ‘ruled by the Stars’.

If the Sun in the sky above your world was moving through a certain sign when they were born, they simply cannot help behaving they do. For example, when you come across someone who is particularly fond of money and you are not, find out when they were born. As likely as not it was during the period when the Sun was moving through one of the three Earth signs. All of them love money, but each one does it for a different reason. The Earth signs are fixed Taurus, mutable Virgo or cardinal Capricorn. Taurus, ruled by Venus, is the zodiac’s money and gold sign. This is why Taureans are fond of both of them. Yet, not for their own sake. They love to accumulate as much money as possible because it can buy them ever more of the lovely things, golden ones in particular, that are available on the earthly plane.

Mutable Virgo is the learning and teaching sign of the zodiac. People born into this sign love money because it can buy them ever more knowledge that can first be used for widening their own horizons, later to be shared with those who are in need of what they have learnt. Capricorn is a cardinal sign, the cardinals are points of new beginnings as well as preparing for them. Capricorn is the sign of old age. That’s why Capricorns like to save as much money as they can earlier during their present lifetime, for the security this will give them when they are old, as well as caring for the wellbeing of their offspring.

And now, for a moment let’s return to the part of our previous chapter in which we told you that two different kinds of darkness exist on the earthly plane. Yet, that’s not strictly correct because at the beginning of every human being’s education in the earthly school of life, another type of darkness exists in them. Not knowing and understanding is darkness. However, through taking part in every one of this school’s lessons, one after the other, the light of knowing and understanding slowly but surely enters everyone’s awareness. In the course of many lifetimes spent on the earthly plane, every one of you eventually evolves into an enlightened one, each in their own right.

* * *

Finding Enlightenment (2)

Bringing the light of understanding to ever more those who are presently taking part in earthly life that’s been the main purpose of the Aquarian writings from their earliest beginnings. And finding out about the background of something that could have been puzzling you for quite a while is particularly likely to happen in the time around the full Moon. One whole Moon cycle takes approx. twenty-nine and a half days. Each time the Sun and the Moon are in opposition to each other in the sky above your world, a full Moon illuminates it at night. That’s an opportune time for giving thanking the Highest Forces of life for everything that is and ever has been in you, your life and also your whole world.

Most of all every full Moon is an excellent time for finding enlightenment about something. Bear in mind that this does not usually happen through majestic earth-shattering and world-changing flashes of inspiration, like the Buddha legend tells were given to the Indian prince. This enlightenment took place when the Moon was full and the Sun traversing the fixed Earth sign Taurus, ruled by Venus. Its polar opposite is Scorpio, the sign co-ruled by the God of war, Mars, and the ruler of the subconscious realm, Pluto. The subconscious is the part of every human being in which the soul memories from all previous lifetimes are stored. For the whole of humankind, the subconscious is the place where everything that was ever experienced by every one of you, from the moment the first human being was introduced to life on the earthly plane

And if, from now on, you pay attention to what the wise one or living God within you wishes to tell you around the time of the full Moon, you may find a greater understanding for your difficult situations and relationships. Flashes of inspiration may enter your mind intuitively how to deal with them most beneficially, for your own evolutionary journey and theirs. This will somehow make your life more bearable because things move along more easily. Whatever you do, if there is anything in your life that is puzzling you, maybe has been doing for a long time, again turn to wise one or living God within you and ask about it. The answers may not come instantly, sometimes they arrive when you least expect them.

But now let’s return to the Buddha legend for a moment. It tells us that he was born as a prince in one of the northern Indian kingdoms around 2,500 years ago and that his name was Siddhartha Gautama. The title ‘Buddha’ means ‘Enlightened One’ or ‘one who is awake’. Siddhartha’s journey from prince to being a holy man by the name of Buddha is the basis of Buddhism. The prince was born into Hinduism, Sanatan Dharma, ‘Eternal Order’. That was the dominant faith in India during the sixth and fifth centuries when a wave of religious and philosophical reforms swept this country. Approximately, five hundred years later the Jesus legend emerged as part of your world’s Western regions.

The tale of the Buddha’s life tells you that the prince found enlightenment whilst meditating under a Banyan tree, during a full Moon in Taurus. In the Hindu tradition the Banyan represents the tree of life. As many of you realise by now, the Buddha is as much a legendary figure as the Master Jesus. It is therefore not surprising that the tales vary considerably about the length of time the Buddha sat in meditation under the tree, as well of which type of tree it really was and whereabouts all of it is supposed to have taken place. The Boddhi tree legend says that after having become enlightened, the Buddha remained there for another seven weeks to meditate and master his earthly nature.

Being a legend, the exact length of time the Buddha spent underneath this tree and what he did does not really matter. Seven weeks are allegorical and represent a symbolism for an indefinite length of time, the same as the forty days and nights the Jesus legend tells you he spent in the desert. This length of time is also allegorical. The desert represents humankind’s earthly existence that lacks the awareness of its spiritual background, as well as the knowledge of who and what God really is and that every human truly is a young God in the making. Each one has a very special relationship with its Creator.

For the wise higher reasons that are known to many of you by now, humankind’s connection with God, individually and collectively, was temporarily disturbed and disrupted by the tales of your world’s old belief systems of the patriarchy. With the passing of time, these stories became ever stranger and further removed from the truth. In spite of this, every human being’s relationship, wherever they may presently be, with the Great Father/Mother and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ, could never be severed. And that’s because the connection, like God, is eternal and immortal.

The Great Mother never wanted her children of the Earth to continue suffering when it’s no longer necessary for helping you to find a better understanding of the spiritual background of your earthly existence. That’s why for around twenty years through us she has been communicating with you, chapter after chapter, through the Aquarian writings. From the start they never contained anything but the truth, as whole as this was possible at the time of their appearance, in keeping with the Divine evolutionary plan for humankind and your world. The Great Father/Mother and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ, are blessing every one of you and so are we, the Angels and Masters of the Christ Circle.

May all who at the moment are taking part in life on the earthly plane, be enlightened by ever more of the truth behind your world’s present situation. The truth and nothing but the truth, may it be thus revealed to the whole of humankind. Rest assured that, whatever may still have to happen to you and your world, the reins for all of it are resting safely in our hands. They always have done and that will never change.

* * *

From ‘Wisdom Grown On The Tree Of Life’

The Sacred Tree Of Life

The following is an extract from ‘The Mythology Of The Tree Of Life’: ‘The concept of a tree of life as a many-branched tree is an illustration of the idea that all life on Earth is related. With the help of mythology and religions, philosophies and science, time and again throughout the ages, the Angels introduced our world to the idea of a tree of life as a symbol of evolution and growth. This mystical concept draws humankind’s attention to the interconnectedness of all life on our planet and a metaphor for the common descent of every lifeform from the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life.

The tree’s part above the Earth represents humankind’s earthly existence and its roots are going simultaneously down into the spirit world, the inner level of life, that which is hidden from normal earthly view and knowledge. Individually and collectively, the more highly evolved we become, the higher our branches reach into the sky and the more our roots penetrate into the wisdom and knowledge of the spirit realm. Ultimately, this process reconnects us with the conscious awareness of our oneness with God, the source of our being.

The Norse religion’s tree of life is called Yggdrasil. It represents the world and is sometimes considered to be a yew or an ash tree. Extensive lore surrounds this tree. Accounts have survived of Germanic tribes who honoured sacred trees within their societies, for example Thor’s oak, sacred groves, the sacred tree at Uppsala and the wooden Irminsul pillar. An 1847 depiction of the Norse Yggdrasil appears in the Icelandic Prose ‘The Edda’ by Oluf Olufsen Bagge.

I am the root, I am the tree.
I am the soul of harmony.

I am the leaf. I am the flower.
I am the moment and the hour.

I am all-life and transient death.
I am the all-sustaining breath.

I am the Spring. I am the Fall.
I am the One, the source of all.

And though the Ash of Earth declines,
The wind of changes screams and whines,

My Will is limitless and strong.
My say: Eternal Summer’s song.

On now, on the deepest, innermost level of life,
Hand in hand with God and the Angels,
Yggdrasil, the sacred tree of life is healing,
And all life and lifeforms with it,
From the lowest to the Highest
And from the Highest back to the lowest.
The human race and its world are healing
And so is every aspect of my being .

Pauline Brehony
Last verse by Aquarius

Because our thoughts and words create our reality on the inner level of life, so that in due course it can manifest itself on the outer plane, how about including the last verse in your daily prayers?

* * *

A Tribute To Yggdrasil

Like a basket of my good graces
I bring you this and set it at the base of the greatest ash tree.
What names once burned and turned this tree to ash?
Odin, Frigg, Thor, Balder and Tyr
Were among them.

Looking up, I catch glimpses of stars and water drops.
My faith in those dwelling on the Highest level of life
Tells me that there really are wells in the Heavens,
That this tree connects with all worlds
And that I am at its apex,
Alive and well to be able to bring you this.

Grow on, Yggdrasil.
Your roots reach deeper than I am presently able to go
And I pray don’t take me down to Níðhöggr.
The wrath of the patriarchy’s serpent
To this day is something I have to still my soul for.
Even though I now welcome the twin snakes
Of the beloved Great Mother’s wisdom and truth
And the way they are winding themselves
Peacefully and lovingly
Around the caduceus of us and our world.
At the thought of this my spirit overflows with
Gratitude and praise for
The waters of consciousness from the Heavens
That are now flowing down your trunk
Into your roots, O Tree, and my mind.

Yggdrasil, a living pyre to the ashen old and bold ones.
The coldest nights usher its leaves to your doorstep.
The hottest days bring you a thirst for its eternal wells
Of God’s sacred wisdom and truth.
May you some day evolve into one of the wells
That feed and nurture Yggdrasil.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

What miracle is this?
A giant tree that stands thousands of feet high,
Its roots reach deep into the ground,
And at the same time the tree upholds the sky.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

The Beauty, Wonder And Magic Of Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry roots are pressed
Into Mother Earth’s sweet loving breast.

A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts its many arms to pray.

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in its hair,

Upon whose blossoms snow has lain
And who loves every drop of rain.

Poems were made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Joyce Kilmer
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Jesus In The Desert

The parable of Jesus in the desert being tempted by the devil from St Matthew 4:1-11 has particular meaning for us and our world during our present evolutionary phase. So let us take a closer look at it. Reading this tale one cannot help wondering what kind of nourishment ordinary churchgoing literalist Christians, regardless of how devout they are, could possibly get from it other than: ‘What a wonderful man Jesus was! What great spiritual strength and of character he possessed. But then that’s what one would expect from a God.’

In contrast to this, seekers of God’s sacred wisdom and truth who are searching for the higher esoteric meaning that is hidden behind the surface words of stories like this one are in for an extra special treat. It may make them respond with something like: ‘What a wealth of wisdom and truth, and that in almost every word!’ It is indeed a tale that comes very much alive as soon as one approaches it this way. It’s instantly recognisable that it can tell us a great deal about the nature of humankind and its spiritual pathway.

To me, this particular story represents a description of our race’s entry into the Aquarian Age. Jesus is a symbol for the higher characteristics of all earthlings and the devil represents the initially untamed drives, urges and desires of our lower earthly nature. The desert is a metaphor for life in physicality. It represents the spiritual desert of Earth life, where Jesus spends forty days and nights. Jesus is a symbolism for our higher nature finding itself exiled on the Earth plane and trapped in a physical body, a condition that firmly nails it to the cross of Earth life.

Only when our spirit and soul have spent enough time in this way and through it our earthly self has matured sufficiently, can the Divine spark within us begin to stir from its slumbers. From then onwards the consciousness of our higher nature slowly but surely moves into the foreground of its earthly counterpart’s awareness. With the passing of time the desires and urges of our earthly nature gradually go from us. In this process we gradually die to the attractions of earthly life and are reborn into the hopes, dreams and aspirations of our higher nature.

Once it has woken from its earthly slumbers, the lower self hungers for the spiritual food that flows from the Heavens, the higher and highest levels of life. That’s why the human Christ nature, Jesus, replies that humankind does not live by bread alone. But still the adversary in the form of our lower self’s appetites tries to keep us fixed to our earthly existence for as long as possible. It therefore attempts to pursue us to listen to its suggestions.

A brief excursion into numerology can reveal more. Forty is a sacred number. Individually and collectively, it stands for humankind’s physical death and rebirth into its higher spiritual nature. The forty appears in the Bible as the number of waiting and preparation, test and/or punishment. It can also be an indication of a long period of undetermined length. The number 4 represents Uranus, the co-ruler of Aquarius, and the zero the circle of Eternity. The purpose of the four vibration is to organise, establish order and bring ideas and plans into manifestation on the Earth plane. The four stands for the order, system and routine that are necessary to make our highest aspirations and dreams become a reality in earthly life.

When the energies of zero combine themselves with those of another number, its potential becomes more powerful. This figure enhances and increases the possibilities and dimensions of all other numbers. It represents the consciousness of the Divine and can bring success and perfection to our efforts through its help and protection.

‘Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.’ To make it possible to experience how the polar opposites of Its characteristics manifest and express themselves on the Earth plane, the Spirit, the Christ Spirit, creates itself an earthly counterpart and takes it onto the Earth plane. Every human soul contains a spark of the Christ Spirit, though at first merely in seedform. Having arrived in earthly life, one by one the lower and lowest aspects of our earthly nature are explored and experienced, however many lifetimes this may take. The Karma that accrues during these earthly sojourns will be made good by none other than us in future ones through the improved thinking and behaviour patterns we shall then develop.

The Universe provides all of us with as many opportunities for bringing forth and developing ever more of the characteristics of our higher nature as we requires. For a long time Jesus, symbol of our higher nature and spark of the Divine, hangs crucified on the cross of life. Slowly its earthly self dies and the higher part of our being gradually takes over and we, the higher and lower part together save and redeem ourselves. As the earthly self breathes its last on the cross, our Spirit Self rises on the wings of God’s wisdom and truth into the realms of the Highest, although we may still be required to serve life on the Earth plane.

‘And after he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he became hungry.’ For an undetermined length of time, however long this development may take for every individual soul, the small lower self is left without spiritual nourishment of any kind in earthly life. This is because only through the lack of something can we get to know and appreciate the value of anything. So that in the end we truly hunger and thirst for it, we have to spend many lifetimes without spiritual nourishment of any kind. To establish when we are ready for commence taking part in lessons of a higher nature, the wise ones in charge of us are constantly testing us to establish which developmental level we have reached at any given time.

‘To find out to which degree we, Jesus, have absorbed the characteristics of our highest nature, the lowest aspect of its earthly counterpart, represented by the devil, enters the picture. He is a symbol for the untamed lower and lowest urges of humankind’s animal nature. Our responses, Jesus’ replies, prove that we have successfully taken charge of its instincts. They have not simply disappeared and are still there, but the way we react to people and situations reveals whether they have been successfully tamed by us and are under our control.

‘And the tempter came and said to him: ‘If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.’ But Jesus replied: ‘It is written: humankind shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’’ The tempter hopes that when a spirit and soul has been starved of nourishment for long enough, it will be ravenous and eat just about anything that is on offer. In its desperation it would ask its Highest Self, God, to perform a miracle. But our Highest nature has completely taken over our small self and therefore knows full well that: ‘It’s not earthly bread I am yearning for most of all, now. It’s spiritual nourishment I crave in the form of words of wisdom and truth that come directly from the heartmind of God.’

‘And the devil took Jesus into the holy city. He asked him to stand on the pinnacle of the temple and said: ‘If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will command his Angels concerning you. And on their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not even strike your foot against a stone.’ To which Jesus replied: ‘On the other hand, it is written: ‘You shall not put the Lord, your God, to the test.’’ The higher and lower self working as one in peace and harmony, Jesus, appreciate why it has ever spent time on the Earth plane and that this in truth could never interfere with their oneness with God and all life. Having become aware that the human spirit is free at all times and can fly wherever it chooses, we have lost all taste for silly experiments.

‘Next, the devil took him to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory and said: ‘All these things I will give you, if you fall down and worship me.’ Jesus replied: ‘Go, Satan! For it is written: ‘You shall worship the Lord, your God, and serve Him only.’

Mountains are symbolisms for the higher and highest planes of life. For us, Jesus, having reached our present evolutionary level, it is not difficult to see that the devil, the lowest aspect of our being, wants to test us whether we are really ready to leave earthly life and its experiences behind. It wafts the promise of ruling all the kingdoms of the Earth under the nose of the masculine aspect of our nature. In the early stages of our development we would have done anything to get into a position of what we would then have perceived as ‘power’. Such a temptation would have been impossible to resist, as the masculine contains humankind’s inheritance of the characteristics of God, the masculine aspect of our Divine parents, with Its power and Its exceedingly strong will to rule and dominate the whole of Creation.

That’s why in the early stages of our earthly education, when we are serving our apprenticeship on the road to the spirit Master’s degree, the masculine part of us has to cope with an overpowering urge for seeking power, dominion and empire-building. During the patriarchy, as time went by for many men this developed into an ever greater appetite for ruling our entire world and everything in it, by any means whatever, especially warmongering. When these inclinations have been explored satisfactorily by each individual soul, our higher nature takes over and teaches us the feminine characteristics of the other aspect of the Holy Trinity, our Divine parents, the wisdom and love of the Great Mother, the Goddess. Her only aim is to bring more beauty, peace and harmony into our world.

By the time the lower and higher parts of our nature have joint forces and our earthly self has evolved into a Christed one, we have left all powerseeking behind. We have lost our taste for it because we are aware of the fleetingness and ultimate futility of all earthly enterprises. Now, all we are interested in are matters of a higher nature and of eternal value. Our only desire now is to humbly and obediently serve the Highest. Jesus in the desert represents us during this phase of our development and we respond to the temptations of our lower nature, the devil, with: ‘No chance of me wanting any of what you can offer, mate. Thank you. If I were stupid enough to accept our offer, I’d be stuck on the Earth plane forever and that’s definitely not what I want. I have no wish to remain trapped in temples and churches. They are not for me. I am spirit and I want to be free to roam and explore the higher and highest levels of life, to see what they are offering me and what I can learn there.’

‘Then the devil left Jesus and behold, Angels came and began to minister to him.’ The lower self gives up the battle and surrenders itself freely and willingly to its Highest Self. For a long time the small self is left in the dark about the presence of the Angel, but in truth they are always with us, supervising, monitoring and steering us and our world through the many different phases of our joint evolutionary journey. All along they modestly stayed in the background of our earthly existence, standing by, watching, observing and waiting, constantly ready to help and come to the rescue when one of us is seriously in distress or in danger of getting lost on the Earth plane. As for the whole of humankind they are increasingly moving into centre-stage position of our conscious awareness and attention, there is every reason for them to rejoice and sing. I for one am joining them most heartily.

* * *

The Great River Of Consciousness

From where we are now, it is not hard to see that the chaos and destruction the patriarchy has wreaked in the past and to this day continues to do in some parts, always has had a higher purpose to fulfil and is indeed a vital part of the great evolutionary plan of life. I feel very strongly that the Temptation of Jesus parable was specifically written as part of the Jesus legend and that with the greatest of care and loving attention to detail for us and our world at this particular time. This was done so that at the right time it would help us find a better understanding of what is happening to us and our world.

The patriarchy is a demonstration of the destructive and disastrous power the masculine’s lust for ruling and domineering is capable of unleashing on the Earth plane, with its utter disregard for the preciousness and sanctity of all life and its lack of respect for the higher values and aspects of life. Just take a closer look at the warmongering that has taken place throughout the ages, predominantly in the name of various religions and their interpretations of what God means. Witnessing their incessant power-struggles and wrestling for top position in all facets of the order of our world, one cannot help wondering whether any of the patriarchal belief systems ever deserved the name religion. A belief system that does not make us into better, kinder and more loving people, but tells its followers to go to war to kill and maim those who refuse to listen to the commands of its dogma and creed, can that be a religion?

It seems to me that to this day for some of them God serves merely as an excuse and a tool for attempting to forcefully gain power and control over others. I do not think that this kind of approach to the highest regions of life is likely to ever help them to find a constant place in the hearts and souls of the majority of our planet’s residents. The way I read the signs of our time and understand the great evolutionary plan of life, the rulership of such religions is not intended to continue indefinitely. It will not be tolerated by those in charge of us and our world for much longer. People vote on their feet and fortunately in most parts of our world by now they have the right to at least stay away and withdraw from whatever they disapprove of.

The exploitation and ravaging of Mother Earth is the direct result and heritage of sacred texts, specifically written for men and by men on behalf of the patriarchy, in which God blesses humankind and tells us things in like Genesis 1:28: ‘Be fruitful and multiply, replenish the Earth and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the Earth.’ Those who have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level understand that in the final analysis all of us are on the Earth plane to eventually evolve into a Master soul, i.e. to become someone like the Master of the Jesus legend. The only rulership and dominion any one of us is here to seek can only come about through taking charge of the instinctive desires of our lower animal nature.

Spiritually, dominion over other people, their belongings and countries is undesirable to the highest degree, and those who feel drawn to spiritual leadership would do well to bear in mind that the potential for it is by no means a God-given right to lead. It is something that has to be worked for very hard and earned through exemplary behaviour in the course of many lifetimes, again as depicted in the Jesus legend. The Master represents everybody’s Christ nature, the state of beingness we are here to strive for with all our heart and soul. Jesus is the symbol of the living God or the wise one within, the part of our nature that guides and protects us and – once it has woken from its slumbers – is at all times willing to show us the way and help us to work our way through any situation we may ever encounter. This is the one who communicates with you through me and speaks to the part of you he also represents. And although in neither of us it is Jesus, it makes him much more real to me than he could be any other way. How about you?

Each one of the religions of our world is a stream of consciousness and all of them together are in the course of creating a confluence. Joining forces they are forming themselves into the magnificent river of the religion of the new age. This waterway will soon be rolling along in great majesty and might through a world that is at peace. Cleansed of all impurities, the life-giving and life-supporting power of its waters are constantly pouring into and enriching the vast ocean of life.

At the moment the river is going through a cleansing and purifying process of keeping only the best of the old spiritual teachings and discarding the rest. The only things that will remain in the end will be the parts of the sacred texts that have stood the test of time because they are good and right, beautiful and true. Misunderstandings and misinterpretations, false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions we are discarding, as they are things of the past that are no longer of use and value for us and our world.

* * *

The Great Cover-Up

Extracts from ‘The Jesus Mysteries – Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?’ by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy

Our new account of the origins of Christianity only seemed improbable because it contradicted the received view. As we pushed further with our research, the traditional picture began to completely unravel all around us. We found ourselves embroiled in a world of schism and power struggles, of forged documents and false identities, of letters that had been edited and added to, and of the wholesale destruction of historical evidence. We focused forensically on the few facts we could be confident of, as if we were detectives on the verge of cracking a sensational ‘whodunnit’, or perhaps more accurately as if we were uncovering an ancient and unacknowledged miscarriage of justice. For, time and again, when we critically examined what genuine evidence remained, we found that the history of Christianity bequeathed to us by the Roman Church was a gross distortion of the truth. Actually the evidence completely endorsed the Jesus Mysteries Thesis! It was becoming increasingly obvious that we had been deliberately deceived, that the Gnostics were indeed the original Christians, and that their anarchic mysticism had been hijacked by an authoritarian institution which had created from it a dogmatic religion – and then brutally enforced the greatest cover-up in history.

One of the major players in this cover-up operation was a character called Eusebius who, at the beginning of the fourth century, compiled from legends, fabrications and his own imagination the only early history of Christianity that still exists today. All subsequent histories have been forced to base themselves on Eusebius’ dubious claims, because there has been little other information to draw on. All those with a different perspective on Christianity were branded as heretics and eradicated. In this way falsehoods compiled in the fourth century have come down to us as established facts.

Eusebius was employed by the Roman Emperor Constantine, who made Christianity the state religion of the Empire and gave Literalist Christianity the power it needed to begin the final eradication of Paganism and Gnosticism. Constantine wanted ‘one God, one religion’ to consolidate his claim of ‘one Empire, one Emperor’. He oversaw the creation of the Nicene creed – the article of faith repeated in churches to this day – and Christians who refused to assent to this creed were banished from the Empire or otherwise silenced.

This ‘Christian’ Emperor then returned home from Nicaea and had his wife suffocated and his son murdered. He deliberately remained unbaptised until his deathbed so that he could continue his atrocities and still receive forgiveness of sins and a guaranteed place in heaven by being baptised at the last moment. Although he had his ‘spin doctor’ Eusebius compose a suitably obsequious biography for him, he was actually a monster – just like many Roman Emperors before him. Is it really at all surprising that a ‘history’ of the origins of Christianity created by an employee in the service of a Roman tyrant should turn out to be a pack of lies?

Elaine Pagels, one of the foremost academic authorities on early Christianity, writes: ‘It is the winners who write history – their way. No wonder, then, that the traditional accounts of the origins of Christianity first defined the terms (naming themselves ‘orthodox’ and their opponents ‘heretics’); then they proceeded to demonstrate – at least to their own satisfaction – that their triumph was historically inevitable, or, in religious terms, ‘guided by the Holy Spirit’. But the discoveries [of the Gnostic gospels] at Nag Hammadi reopen fundamental questions."

History is indeed written by the victors. The creation of an appropriate history has always been part of the arsenal of political manipulation. The Roman Church created a history of the triumph of Literalist Christianity in much the same partisan way that, two millennia later, Hollywood created tales of ‘cowboys and Indians’ to relate ‘how the West was won’ not ‘how the West was lost’. History is not simply related, it is created. Ideally, the motivation is to explain historical evidence and come to an accurate understanding of how the present has been created by the past. All too often, however, it is simply to glorify and justify the status quo. Such histories conceal as much as they reveal.

To dare to question a received history is not easy. It is difficult to believe that something which you have been told is true from childhood could actually be a product of falsification and fantasy. It must have been hard for those Russians brought up on tales of kindly ‘Uncle Joe’ Stalin to accept that he was actually responsible for the deaths of millions. It must have strained credibility when those opposing his regime claimed that he had in fact murdered litany of the heroes of the Russian revolution. It must have seemed ridiculous when they asserted that he had even had the images of his rivals removed from photographs and Completely fabricated historical events. Yet all these things are true.

It is easy to believe that something must be true because everyone else believes it. But the truth often only comes to light by daring to question the unquestionable, by doubting nations which are so commonly believed that they are taken for granted. The Jesus Mysteries Thesis is the product of such an openness of mind. When it first occurred to us, it seemed absurd and impossible. Now it seems obvious and ordinary. The Vatican was constructed on the site of an ancient Pagan sanctuary because the new is always built upon the old. In the same way Christianity itself has as its foundations the Pagan spirituality that preceded it. What is more plausible than to posit the gradual evolution of spiritual ideas, with Christianity emerging from the ancient Pagan Mysteries in a seamless historical continuum? It is only because the conventional history has been so widely believed for so long that this idea could be seen as heretical and shocking.

* * *

Recovering Mystical Christianity

As the final pieces of the puzzle were falling into place, we came across a small picture tucked away in the appendices of an old academic book. It was a drawing of a third-century CE amulet. We have used it as the cover of this book. It shows a crucified figure which most people would immediately recognise as Jesus. Yet the Greek words name the figure ‘Orpheus Bacchus’, one of the pseudonyms of Osiris-Dionysus. To the author of the book in which we found the picture, this amulet was an anomaly. Who could it have possibly belonged to? Was it a crucified Pagan deity or some sort of Gnostic synthesis of Paganism and Christianity? Either way it was deeply puzzling. For us, however, this amulet was perfectly understandable. It was an unexpected confirmation of the Jesus Mysteries Thesis. The image could be that of either Jesus or Osiris-Dionysus. To the initiated, these were both names for essentially the same figure.

The ‘chance’ discovery of this amulet made us feel as though the Universe itself was encouraging us to make our findings public. In different ways the Jesus Mysteries Thesis has been proposed by mystics and scholars for centuries, but has always ended up being ignored. It now felt like an idea whose moment had come. We did, however, have misgivings about writing this book. We knew that it would inevitably upset certain Christians, something which we had no desire to do. Certainly it has been hard to be constantly surrounded by lies and injustices without experiencing a certain amount of outrage at the negative misrepresentation of the Gnostics, and to have become aware of the great riches of Pagan culture without feeling grief that they were so wantonly destroyed. Yet we do not have some sort of anti-Christian agenda. Far from it.

Those who have read our other works will know that our interest is not in further division, but in acknowledging the unity that lies at the heart of all spiritual traditions – and this present book is no exception. Early Literalist Christians mistakenly believed that the Jesus story was different from other stories of Osiris-Dionysus because Jesus alone had been a historical rather than a mythical figure. This has left Christians feeling that their faith is in opposition to all others – which it is not. We hope that by understanding its true origins in the ongoing evolution of a universal human spirituality, Christianity may be able to free itself from this self-imposed isolation.

While the Jesus Mysteries Thesis clearly rewrites history, we do not see it as undermining the Christian faith, but as suggesting that Christianity is in fact richer than we previously imagined. The Jesus story is a perennial myth with the power to impart the saving Gnosis which can transform each one of us into a Christ, not merely a history of events that happened to someone else 2,000 years ago. Belief in the Jesus story was originally the first step in Christian spirituality – the Outer Mysteries. Its significance was to be explained by an enlightened teacher when the seeker was spiritually ripe. These Inner Mysteries imparted a mystical knowledge of God beyond mere belief in dogmas.

Although many inspired Christian mystics throughout history have intuitively seen through to this deeper symbolic level of understanding, as a culture we have inherited only the Outer Mysteries of Christianity. We have kept the form, but lost the meaning. Our hope is that this book can play some small part in reclaiming the true mystical Christian inheritance.

* * *

On The Wings Of Golden Healing Light

I am the archetypal Christ,
The God-man who for aeons has been waiting
To come alive in all human hearts.
Jesus is one of the symbols for Me.
When you become consciously aware of My presence in you
And listen to my guidance, you will always be safe
And all your crooked paths will be made straight.
Together we move towards the perfection you have been seeking,
Without knowing that this in truth
Means no more than healing together with me,

Death, once imagined by humankind
As an old black rider who was forever chasing you,
Is now becoming the friend who takes you
Into the world of light, your true home.
The only way of travelling for you now
Is on the beams of My golden healing light,
For I am the highest Star and the brightest light
In the whole of Creation and you are a spark of Me.
Together we create nothing but waves of wholeness and holiness.
Your immortal spirit and soul rise in endless flight
And reunite themselves with Me in seamless fusion.

You have got to the end of your earthly education.
Reaching for the higher and highest levels of life,
You are leaving the Earth plane behind,
As no force there can hold you back.
The illusions of Earth life have been your training ground
And although there is much truth in them,
Do not be deceived by anything you see and hear there,
As for you life fulfils a higher and greater purpose
Than the one you perceived in the past.

The presence of My Light, the Christ Spirit’s light,
Is increasing in your world and for those who have
Become aware of their true nature,
The importance of earthly concerns fades away.
To you life on your planet begins to reveal
Its and humankind’s true inner being and beauty,
As you grow ever more into the perfection,
Which each one of you, My children of the Earth,
For so long had to seek in vain.

For you the rulership of earthly masters and their dominion is over,
For your soul is drawn back to Me,
Your true Lord/Lady and Master/Mistress,
The source of your being.
You are re-entering into the conscious awareness
Of what in truth you have always remained:
A spirit and soul at one with Me.

You have woken from your spiritual slumber
And your whole being is presently in the process
Of changing into a living and breathing body of light.
The freedom of the Aquarian Age courses in your veins,
And I, the Universal Christ, am calling out to humankind:
‘Turn to Me, oh turn and be saved!
For I am waiting to come alive in all of you.
I wish to teach you and show you how
To save and redeem yourselves and your world.
The only way this can come about is
Through becoming ever more like Me,
Living and loving all life, the way I do.
I bless you all, each one.’

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
13 Jul, 2022
Words
7,898
Read Time
39 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
574

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.