Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Miracles And Wonders (46)
Miracles And Wonders (46)

Miracles And Wonders (46)

AquariusAquarius

Message From The Angels And Masters Of The Christ Circle

Thoughts For Today 26th September 2022

The Truth : Nothing But The Truth

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp On The Healing Journey’

The Gospel of St Thomas from the Gnostic teachings of the early Christians, Chapter 22, contains a description of the healing and integrating process of humankind’s nature: ‘Jesus saw infants being suckled and he said to his disciples: ‘These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom.’ They said to him: ‘Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?’ Jesus replied: ‘When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male and the female no longer be female . . . then will you enter [the Kingdom of understanding and you will have evolved into a Christed one, in your own right].’

A major contribution to the theme of the true meaning of the Jesus legend was made by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy in their book ‘The Jesus Mysteries – Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?’ Their research showed that the early Christians consisted by no means of a united front. The followers of this new formed religion were split about halfway between Gnostics and literalists. Gnosticism is a description for some of the ancient religions whose adherents shunned the material world. They embraced the spiritual world and viewed the Earth plane as something that had been created by what they called the demiurge. Gnostic ideas influenced many ancient religions. They taught that gnosis, variously interpreted as knowledge, enlightenment, salvation, emancipation or ‘oneness with God’, may be reached by practising philanthropy to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence, as far as possible for hearers and entirely for initiates, and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others.

The Gnostics believed that the world of the demiurge was the lower region of life, an imperfect and ephemeral world of matter, flesh and time, whereas God’s realm is the upper world which is associated with the soul and perfection. According to their beliefs, God’s world is eternal and not part of the physical. It is impalpable and timeless. This clearly shows that there is nothing new under the Sun. Alas, the Gnostic wisdom had to be hidden away because the time was not yet right for being presented to the whole of humankind.

In spite of the fact that it was suppressed into extinction – well, almost – by the literalists, some of their teachings have survived. In the gospel of St Thomas the evidence of their presence is casting its magic spell down the ages into our time, when things are coming full circle and ever more of us are evolving into what once would have been called Gnostics. The word Gnostic has its origin in the world knowing. The Gnostics among the early Christians knew that Christ does not mean a man hanging on a cross, but experiencing God on a deep inner level of everybody’s own being, which eventually fills every part of it with its presence. In this process the small earthly self and its ego is gradually absorbed into the greater Ego of the Universal Life Force, known as God. These wise ones were aware that no outer influences are involved and that the life story of Jesus Christ that can be likened to a picture book for very young children, i.e. souls.

On the internet I found the following definition of Gnosticism, declared to be the true and official one. It tells me that ‘Gnosticism means rebelling against and breaking free of the conformity set forth to us by religious dogma, which for centuries has instilled unbelievable fear and guilt into the masses. Gnosticism means dispelling all fear-based untruths about God and our eternal spirit and soul through bringing reasoning and intelligence into the equation.

‘Gnosticism has been linked to the New Age movement, but this so-called New Age movement isn’t so new. In fact, it is older than time. Gnosticism was around long before the time of Buddha or the time of Jesus, and it came about way before the Old Testament. The whole world believed in it, totally and completely.

‘We have had many lives. So who are we? We are Gnostics, not agnostics. As Gnostics we base our path to God on not so much as faith as we do reason. We know that Anything that can be asked can and will be answered. We know there are no mysteries. Believing on faith alone is exhausting. Reason is what we bring you. We know that the reasonable idea is that we keep progressing, that whatever wrongdoings have been done to us, they are ultimately for a reason. Nothing is random or pointless.

‘Gnosticism does not care whether you are Lutheran, Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, or Buddhist. Gnosticism is an addition to your existing beliefs, and also not a replacement for them. The knowledge of Gnosticism is to love not fear God, to get rid of guilt and to show that through many lifetimes you perfect your soul, then return to the other side. This is the knowledge that will help you progress faster and you do not have to come back so many times. If you want to, that’s fine. But I am sure almost everyone is weary of it or they would not be searching. We are tired of guilt, fear and labouring through life. We know that life is hard, but we also know it doesn’t mean that it cannot be wonderful, free of guilt and fear.’ Extract from ‘Gnosticism’

Reflecting on the above, I realise with astonishment that Gnosticism is what my life’s work has been about from its earliest beginnings, without ever having had any contact with the Gnostics or any of their teachings, not in this lifetime anyway. Somehow, I feel that I am reaching way back into the past. It’s teachings come to me like an echo of the ancient wisdom of bygone ages, which I brought with me into my present lifetime, to be revived and brought to fruition. To me, Gnosticism is not a belief, but a deep inner knowing and understanding of what God truly means through experiencing God as part of myself.

* * *

From ‘Further Reading On My Bookshelf’

The Jesus Mysteries (1)

The Most Famous Man Who Never Lived

• Towards the end of the year 2010 my attention was drawn to ‘The Jesus Mysteries – Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?’ by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy, and . . .

• ‘Jesus and the Lost Goddess – The Secret Teachings of the Original Christians’, its follow-up. Gnostics were the original Christians who, with the passing of time, were brutally suppressed by the literalists. The deeper we move into the Aquarian age, the age of truth, the more of the Gnostic knowledge will be returning to us.

• And then, to my greatest delight, towards the end of the pandemic year 2020, I discovered another book by Freke and Gandy with the title ‘The Laughing Jesus – Religious Lies And Gnostic Wisdom.’ Resting safely in the knowledge that, with the help and will of God and the Angels, all things are possible and any condition can be healed, I hope and pray that our world’s present state will soon be reaching its natural – and yes, happy ending.

‘The Laughing Jesus’ first appeared in 2005. It follows from where Freke and Gandy’s first two books ended. All three books confirm the insights that, with the passing of time, one step after another came to me intuitively about the Bible and the Jesus legend. Unlike me, the authors were devoted Christians when they started looking for the truth behind the surface words of the Christian teachings.

‘The Jesus Mysteries’ was first published in 1999. ‘Jesus and the Lost Goddess’ followed in 2001 – in the middle of Pluto’s transit through Sagittarius. As pointed out in the chapter ‘Pluto in Capricorn’, the Plutonian energies engage us and our world in the process of breaking down and then rebuilding the structures on which we all depend in more truthful and satisfying ways. The purging and cleansing effect of Pluto’s energies bring to the surface of our individual and collective consciousness that which once was hidden from public view and knowledge. Sagittarius is concerned with vast themes like the higher and highest education, religions and philosophies of our world, including the people who practise them, and the dissemination of their ideas through broadcasting and publishing.

It is not surprising that a flurry of other publications of a similar nature to those of Freke and Gandy appeared during the time of Pluto’s transit through Sagittarius. I read several of them and with each one my inner guidance told me that they were a load of nonsense. However, when it came to Freke and Gandy’s books, it nodded – so to speak – and told me that all of it made a great deal of sense. Each new chapter confirmed that they were indeed telling the truth.

The Freke and Gandy books are an education that, in my view, should not be missed by anyone. By sharing their considerable gifts with us, the authors have presented us and our world with two serious scholarly and meticulously researched works of the highest calibre. My inner guidance tells me loud and clear that they are telling the truth. To me, they are eminently suited to do so the way it revealed itself to them hidden behind many of the surface words of the Bible, especially the life story of the Master Jesus.

It was a great joy for me to discover their work about six years after the creation of Rays of Wisdom and several decades since I first became aware of and felt drawn to looking for and writing down the truth behind the words of the sacred texts of the various religions of our world and Christianity in particular.

* * *

The Jesus Mysteries (2)

The Most Famous Man Who Never Lived

The Great Cover-Up

The following is an extract from Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy’s book ‘The Jesus Mysteries: ‘Our new account of the origins of Christianity only seemed improbable because it contradicted the received view. As we pushed further with our research, the traditional picture began to completely unravel all around us. We found ourselves embroiled in a world of schism and power struggles, of forged documents and false identities, of letters that had been edited and added to, and of the wholesale destruction of historical evidence.

‘We focused forensically on the few facts we could be confident of, as if we were detectives on the verge of cracking a sensational ‘whodunnit’, or perhaps more accurately as if we were uncovering an ancient and unacknowledged miscarriage of justice. For, time and again, when we critically examined what genuine evidence remained, we found that the history of Christianity bequeathed to us by the Roman Church was a gross distortion of the truth. Actually the evidence completely endorsed the Jesus Mysteries Thesis! It was becoming increasingly obvious that we had been deliberately deceived, that the Gnostics were indeed the original Christians, and that their anarchic mysticism had been hijacked by an authoritarian institution which had created from it a dogmatic religion – and then brutally enforced the greatest cover-up in history.

‘One of the major players in this cover-up operation was a character called Eusebius who, at the beginning of the fourth century, compiled from legends, fabrications and his own imagination the only early history of Christianity that still exists today. All subsequent histories have been forced to base themselves on Eusebius’ dubious claims, because there has been little other information to draw on. All those with a different perspective on Christianity were branded as heretics and eradicated. In this way falsehoods compiled in the fourth century have come down to us as established facts.

‘Eusebius was employed by the Roman Emperor Constantine, who made Christianity the state religion of the Empire and gave Literalist Christianity the power it needed to begin the final eradication of Paganism and Gnosticism. Constantine wanted ‘one God, one religion’ to consolidate his claim of ‘one Empire, one Emperor’. He oversaw the creation of the Nicene creed – the article of faith repeated in churches to this day – and Christians who refused to assent to this creed were banished from the Empire or otherwise silenced.

‘This ‘Christian’ Emperor then returned home from Nicaea and had his wife suffocated and his son murdered. He deliberately remained unbaptised until his deathbed so that he could continue his atrocities and still receive forgiveness of sins and a guaranteed place in heaven by being baptised at the last moment. Although he had his ‘spin doctor’ Eusebius compose a suitably obsequious biography for him, he was actually a monster – just like many Roman Emperors before him. Is it really at all surprising that a ‘history’ of the origins of Christianity created by an employee in the service of a Roman tyrant should turn out to be a pack of lies?

‘Elaine Pagels, one of the foremost academic authorities on early Christianity, writes: ‘It is the winners who write history – their way. No wonder, then, that the traditional accounts of the origins of Christianity first defined the terms (naming themselves ‘orthodox’ and their opponents ‘heretics’); then they proceeded to demonstrate – at least to their own satisfaction – that their triumph was historically inevitable, or, in religious terms, ‘guided by the Holy Spirit’. But the discoveries [of the Gnostic gospels] at Nag Hammadi reopen fundamental questions."

‘History is indeed written by the victors. The creation of an appropriate history has always been part of the arsenal of political manipulation. The Roman Church created a history of the triumph of Literalist Christianity in much the same partisan way that, two millennia later, Hollywood created tales of ‘cowboys and Indians’ to relate ‘how the West was won’ not ‘how the West was lost’. History is not simply related, it is created. Ideally, the motivation is to explain historical evidence and come to an accurate understanding of how the present has been created by the past. All too often, however, it is simply to glorify and justify the status quo. Such histories conceal as much as they reveal.

‘Daring to question a received history is not easy. It is difficult to believe that something which you have been told is true from childhood could actually be a product of falsification and fantasy. It must have been hard for those Russians brought up on tales of kindly ‘Uncle Joe’ Stalin to accept that he was actually responsible for the deaths of millions. It must have strained credibility when those opposing his regime claimed that he had in fact murdered litany of the heroes of the Russian revolution. It must have seemed ridiculous when they asserted that he had even had the images of his rivals removed from photographs and Completely fabricated historical events. Yet all these things are true.

‘It is easy to believe that something must be true because everyone else believes it. But the truth often only comes to light by daring to question the unquestionable, by doubting nations which are so commonly believed that they are taken for granted. The Jesus Mysteries Thesis is the product of such an openness of mind. When it first occurred to us, it seemed absurd and impossible. Now it seems obvious and ordinary. The Vatican was constructed on the site of an ancient Pagan sanctuary because the new is always built upon the old. In the same way Christianity itself has as its foundations the Pagan spirituality that preceded it. What is more plausible than to posit the gradual evolution of spiritual ideas, with Christianity emerging from the ancient Pagan Mysteries in a seamless historical continuum? It is only because the conventional history has been so widely believed for so long that this idea could be seen as heretical and shocking.

* * *

The Jesus Mysteries (3)

The Most Famous Man Who Never Lived

Recovering Mystical Christianity

‘As the final pieces of the puzzle were falling into place, we came across a small picture tucked away in the appendices of an old academic book. It was a drawing of a third-century CE amulet. We have used it as the cover of this book. It shows a crucified figure which most people would immediately recognise as Jesus. Yet the Greek words name the figure ‘Orpheus Bacchus’, one of the pseudonyms of Osiris-Dionysus. To the author of the book in which we found the picture, this amulet was an anomaly. Who could it have possibly belonged to? Was it a crucified Pagan deity or some sort of Gnostic synthesis of Paganism and Christianity? Either way it was deeply puzzling. For us, however, this amulet was perfectly understandable. It was an unexpected confirmation of the Jesus Mysteries Thesis. The image could be that of either Jesus or Osiris-Dionysus. To the initiated, these were both names for essentially the same figure.

‘The ‘chance’ discovery of this amulet made us feel as though the Universe itself was encouraging us to make our findings public. In different ways the Jesus Mysteries Thesis has been proposed by mystics and scholars for centuries, but has always ended up being ignored. It now felt like an idea whose moment had come. We did, however, have misgivings about writing this book. We knew that it would inevitably upset certain Christians, something which we had no desire to do. Certainly it has been hard to be constantly surrounded by lies and injustices without experiencing a certain amount of outrage at the negative misrepresentation of the Gnostics, and to ‘have become aware of the great riches of Pagan culture without feeling grief that they were so wantonly destroyed. Yet we do not have some sort of anti-Christian agenda. Far from it.

‘Those who have read our other works will know that our interest is not in further division, but in acknowledging the unity that lies at the heart of all spiritual traditions – and this present book is no exception. Early Literalist Christians mistakenly believed that the Jesus story was different from other stories of Osiris-Dionysus because Jesus alone had been a historical rather than a mythical figure. This has left Christians feeling that their faith is in opposition to all others – which it is not. We hope that by understanding its true origins in the ongoing evolution of a universal human spirituality, Christianity may be able to free itself from this self-imposed isolation.

‘While the Jesus Mysteries Thesis clearly rewrites history, we do not see it as undermining the Christian faith, but as suggesting that Christianity is in fact richer than we previously imagined. The Jesus story is a perennial myth with the power to impart the saving Gnosis which can transform each one of us into a Christ, not merely a history of events that happened to someone else 2,000 years ago. Belief in the Jesus story was originally the first step in Christian spirituality – the Outer Mysteries. Its significance was to be explained by an enlightened teacher when the seeker was spiritually ripe. These Inner Mysteries imparted a mystical knowledge of God beyond mere belief in dogmas.

‘Although many inspired Christian mystics throughout history have intuitively seen through to this deeper symbolic level of understanding, as a culture we have inherited only the Outer Mysteries of Christianity. We have kept the form, but lost the meaning. Our hope is that this book can play some small part in reclaiming the true mystical Christian inheritance.’

Chapters two and three are extracts from
‘The Jesus Mysteries – Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?’
by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy

* * *

With love and light,
Aquarius

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Sep, 2022
Words
3,302
Read Time
16 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
507

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.