Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Mystery in the Clouds
Mystery in the Clouds

Mystery in the Clouds

Lollipop_56scorp

"Enjoy the ride," the pilot spoke into the radio. This small flight was short; barely an hour long. Not only was the flight short, but the plane was small. Only 91 passengers chattered in the seats. The pilot stretched before settling the seat, doing pre-flight checks.
Soon enough, the passengers were served food and the plane was in the air. Time trickled by as the pilot thought about all the nice things he'll do as he lands. Kiss his wife, hug his children, take a nice long shower and relax until the next flight.
The pilot handed control to the autopilot. They were going to land soon and the pilot needed to use the bathroom. He glanced around the plane, smiling at the people. All types of people were there; people from different corners of the world, old and young, male and female, and even some that were neither. They were all smiling and laughing, living their lives. It was somewhat beautiful seeing all these different people in an enclosed space but living with each other peacefully. Humanity wasn't so bad after all.
The pilot returned to the front of the plane to land. As soon as they touched the ground, the pilot declared the usual announcements.
He waited near the exit, waving at the people coming out of the plane. Feeling slightly silly, he counted the people as they went by.
10, 11... He smiled at a little girl clutching her teddy-bear. 34, 35...He laughed as a redheaded man cracked a joke. 67, 68... The pilot waved goodbye at an African-American grandfather escorting his grandchildren out of the plane. 89, 90, 91, 92.
92?
The pilot frowned. He clearly remembered having 91 passengers. And he counted every single passenger, he was sure of that.
How could there be one extra passenger?

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
17 Nov, 2019
Words
290
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
889

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.