1. Large doses of Vitamin C, up to 10 grams per day.
2. Steam inhalations with Eucalyptus and/or Tea tree aromatherapy essences.
3. Apply a thick layer of Vapour Rub to the soles of your feet at night, cover with cotton socks to avoid messing up your bed. Eases the coughing fits.
4. Sage and honey gargles. 1 heaped teaspoon of fresh or dried sage into a cup, pour boiling water over it, cover with a saucer for about 15 minutes, strain. Add one teaspoon of honey and wait until the mixture has cooled. Take a mouthful at a time and gargle with it thoroughly. Don’t spit it out, but swallow it. Do this time and again in the course of each day. I guarantee you that it will not take long until you feel a good deal of relief.
5. Echinacea as drops, tablets or capsules of various strengths. Follow the instructions on the package.
6. And as a protection against future virus infections, put an onion into each room of your house. Read my notes about ‘The Humble Onion’ in yesterday’s posting.
* * *