Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Nothing Will Ever Be the same... : Chapter 4
Nothing Will Ever Be the same... : Chapter 4

Nothing Will Ever Be the same... : Chapter 4

Kat_DickensKat Dickens
1 Review

My first thoughts were, "This is all my fault, if I had not been so selfish, my parents would still be alive. How could those hateful words be the last thing I ever said to them? I had been such a brat, and now I would never get to apologize, because they were gone... forever."

I was in the hospital for a week, but that week was a blur. (The wreck had given me a concussion and a shattered wrist.)

I have not said a word besides the first question I asked. I can tell the nurses are worried about me, as they are always trying to cheer me up, or trying to start conversation. But their efforts are in vain, because I never say a word. My friends came to visit. They brought me flowers and balloons, but eventually my silence became too much for them and they left. Leaving me alone to my thoughts that had been haunting me evercense I found out my parents were dead, they never left, they just kept circling inside of my head, bringing deepest pain down in my heart and soul.

They decided that I would live with my grandparents, who would homeschool me until I was completally recovered from the wreck, both mentally and pysicaly. But I don't think I will ever recover, my life will never be the same, and I will never be the girl I was before. She died with her parents, and I am only a broken shadow of my earlier self.

When my grandparents came to pick me up, my Meme (that's the nickname for my grandma) asked me if I wanted to go by my house to pick up some stuff. I shook my head, and looked down at my shoes. She sighed, and out of the corner of my eyes I saw her give a worried look to gramps (aka my grandpa, but sometimes when he is grumpy, we call him grumps) who gave him a worried look back. Everyone was worried about me, and I don't blame them, I'm worried about myself to be honest. She looked back at me in the car, and I looked up to meet her eyes. She then said in a gentel voice, "Well I guess I could drop you off at our house, and you could stay with gramps, while I go get your stuff. If that's fine with you?" I nodded my head. I had no plans to go back to my house any time soon, it was filled with too many memoris, and reminders of the future, and whole life I just lost, and of the people I would never get to see agian. The pain was too fresh, I just was not ready. But the scary thing was I didn't know if the pain would ever go away, and if I would ever be ready.

Author Notes: Chapter five coming soon, please rate

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Kat_Dickens
Kat Dickens
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
11 May, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
481
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
772

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.