Please register or login to continue

Register Login

One Little Comment
One Little Comment

One Little Comment

AnarchyAnarchy
1 Review

Sometimes all it takes is one little nice comment to change someone's day or even save their life. Most would think that sentence is just a saying and has never really happened before. Well to all those people, I have a story for you.

Cornelia Shier was a girl with sleek black hair and hazel eyes. Somehow she was always neglected in her life because her mother could never pay attention to her and her perverted brother who always had his eyes on her. On June 12, 2012, she decided that would all end though. The pain, sorrow, neglectment, and even her life.

She just came back from the store and was getting ready to approach her car when a guy passed by. He had green hair and green eyes that mixed with a light blue. She ignored him until he ran up to her.

"Hey!" He yelled out at her once he reached her.

"Can I help you?" She asked, confusion etching across her face.

"Um, not really, I just wanted to ask you something." He said being a little shy.

"Oh, what is it?" She asked him, giving the 'stranger' her full attention.

"I don't know if you know me, but I am a student in your class and I was just, I don't know. Umm, I wanted to ask you if- well.." He said, stumbling over his words.

Cornelia gave a small smile and urged him to go on as she would not judge him.

"I just wanted to ask you if you would like to- um to hang out sometime?" He asked giving a small smile.

She stood there shocked that someone had just asked her that, she had never thought that anyone would have wanted to hang out with her, more or less actually noticed her.

"I'm sorry, I just really like you and I don't know, it's stupid, nevermind." He said as he started to walk away, his smile vanishing off of his face.

She immediately grabbed his shoulder and said, "No, um I was just shocked for a second there, no one has really noticed me before. So yea, I can hang out with you sometime."

"Oh it's okay. Guess I will see you Saturday, also my name is Liam if you didn't know." He said as he walked away. He looked back at her once to give her a smile, to which she smiled back.

She then walked away and her smile fell into a sad one as she gripped her grocery bag that was filled with a brown rope. She hopped into her car and after stopping to think for a minute, rode off.

When she got home she went to her room and sat at the bay window in her room. She grabbed the rope and tied it slowly, tears slipping from her hazel eyes. When she was finished she looked out the window over to the house at the end of the road to see the guy she had talked to today. After giving him a sad smile that he would never see, she walked from the bay window and brought everything she needed into the room.

She set up the chair and tied the rope to a hook in the ceiling that she had set up some days ago. She wrote a little note and left it outside by the bowl of keys that her mom would see when she would get home after 2 hours. She hopped onto the chair and put the rope around her neck gripping it as she thought through what she was going to do.

Liam's words traveled through her head as she thought of how upset he would be to hear of what she had done. He would feel like ti was all his fault. He would feel like he should have done something. He would feel awful, and then he would be the next one buying a rope.

After thinking of this some of the want to have things end started to fade. She started to waver on the chair, the thoughts swirling in her head. As she took the rope and gripped it tighter, more tears slipped through her eyes. She heard a noise downstairs, but she paid no attention as she put her feet flat on the back of the chair.

Downstairs Liam slipped through the door wanting to talk to Cornelia, but seeing that the door was open he walked in the house. His eyes fell over the little bowl with keys and out of curiosity he picked up the note and read it. After this he ran all over the house crying her name, trying to see if he could find her. Room after room he searched for her, finally finding her room.

His eyes saw the rope around her neck and fell her foot on the back of her chair. He ran over to her and looked her in the eyes. He took the rope off of her neck, to which she allowed and he gently picked her up and lifted her up in his arms bridal style. He brought her to the bay window and sat down, cradling the crying girl in his arms. He let tears slip down from his eyes as he kept this moment quite, deciding not to ask her about anything.

She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his shirt as he hugged her so much that he was afraid he would break her. All he knew at that moment was that he would never let her go, he had cared too much to do that. One thing that he was glad he did was talk to her though. If he had not done that then she would not be here right now. Her mom would have found the girl she had raised hanging from the ceiling.

Now that you have heard the story, you now know that it is not only a saying, but a true statement. Just one little comment can save a life.

Author Notes: This is a new version of the old story. I updated it because I thought the story did not really make sense and I thought that this version had a lot more thought in it. I hope you guys enjoyed and look forward to more stories soon.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Anarchy
Anarchy
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 Dec, 2017
Words
1,004
Read Time
5 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,657

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.