Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Our little secret
Our little secret

Our little secret

Joshua_12Joshua_12
1 Review

My uncle was my favorite person in the world. I miss him so much. Skyler thought. Why did he have to get in that car crash that killed him?

"This will be our little secret ok? You have to promise not to tell anyone." He made her promise.

So she promised.

"Skyler," her mom said. Jolting her out of her thoughts. "Did you hear me?"

"What?"

"I asked are you ok?"

"Umm yea, I'm fine." She answered. She wasn't, she was getting bad again, but she didn't want her mom to worry about her. That's all her family did, after her first episode.

"Ok, well go to school, and remember I won't be home afterwards. I'm working late today." Her mom said.

"Ok."

With that Skyler went to school. She hated school though. She didn't have any friends. The only person that bothered talking to her was her math teacher.

She used to have friends, but they all made new friends and seemed to have forgotten all about her. It happened after she went to the hospital for the first time.

She had hoped that her brother would let her sit with him and his friends, but his table was for seniors only, and she was only a freshman, so she sat alone everyday.

She went to school, but couldn't get her uncle out of her mind.

He had always smelled like peppermint and coffee.

She missed him so much.

"Our little secret, ok?"

"Ok."

She walked through school. She went to all her classes.

"You have to promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise."

"Don't wake your brother. You have to be quiet."

"Ok."

Skyler was walking home. Her brother had went to a party for senior graduation.

She couldn't get the images out of her head.

SHe walked into her house. She walked upstairs to her room. She sat down.

"Our little secret."

She started crying.

"Stop crying," she muttered to herself.

"Don't wake your brother."

"Stop crying" she muttered. But tears kept falling.

Finally she couldn't take it anymore. She called her brother.

"You have to be quiet."

"Hello," her brother answered.

"Blake, it was my fault wasn't it."

"What was your fault?" he asked concern in his voice.

"It was my fault that Uncle Clyde died. Wasn't it. He was driving to get me a present. It was my fault he got into the crash. It's my fault he died."

"No listen Skyler. It wasn't your fault. Listen I'm on my way home, just stay put, ok?"

Sklyer hung up the phone.

My fault, my fault, my fault she kept thinking to herself. It's my fault that my fault that my favorite person in the world died.

But she couldn't help thinking what if she had wanted her uncle to die?

"Our little secret."

"You can't tell anyone."

Suddenly everything went black.

Skyler woke up. She looked around, where was she?

Suddenly someone came in the room.

"where am I?" She asked.

"You are at Western psych." the person answered.

Skyler got up. "I-I can't be here. My- my family can't afford it. I-I"

"DOn't worry about that, we have all that figured out already. You passed out. Do you remember what happened?"

"I remember thinking about my uncle."

"You and him were very close weren't you?" The lady asked.

"Yes."

"You were mumbling in your sleep about him."

"He-he. It was my fault he died. He was my favorite person in the world, but at the same time, I'm glad he's gone. Does that make me a bad person?"

"No. Can you tell me why you're glad he's gone? Maybe that will help you fell better."

So Skyler told the lady about that night.

"I have a special gift for you Skyler." Uncle Blake said. "It will be our little secret, Ok?"

"Ok."

"You have to promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise."

"Don't wake your brother. You have to be quiet."

"Ok."

Skyler was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. There was good and bad days. The worst day was when she told her parents about Uncle Blake raping her when she was nine years old. They were distraught.

After that Skyler was better. She didn't have as many flashbacks, and when she did, she talked to her parents and her therapist about them.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Joshua_12
Joshua_12
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
28 Jan, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
722
Read Time
3 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
874

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.