Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Our Secrect Spot
Our Secrect Spot
This story has some quality issues

Our Secrect Spot

aspen-fayeAspen-Faye
1 Review

Off we were on another adventure. This time it was just bean and me, all wrapped up in autumn's colors and scents. This time their was no bratty little sister tagging along. This time it was different. Tiffany was at home playing with her best friend maddie.they were probably to wrapped up playing dolls to notice that carly and bean were gone. dad would be upstairs working. Everything was just as it should be. All except one thing.carly's mother was not there. One day (about a month ago), carly's mom said she needed a break and that she had to learn herself better. before she left she promised she’d be back soon. Whatever that meant! Weeks passed and she never came back like she promised she would. Dad said she would be back soon. But we all new the truth: she was never ever coming back. mom had left us, me, tiffany, dad and bean. tiffany cried. I didn’t. Tiffany was weak. I wasn't. Tiffany was scared I wasn't. Well I wasn't all that brave cause as soon as I slammed my door shut the reality seeped in through the crack in the door, through the window and from the walls. I would never have a mother again. I cried myself to sleep that night knowing that even the simplest pleasures like going to the mall or getting my nails done or having a spa day would never be the same again.

It was a sunday morning time to get out of bed and go to the kitchen for a surprise breakfast.even though I was eleven and too old to believe in super surprise breakfast I played the act for my younger sister tiffany because she was only 6. Even though I knew that their was no such thing as “the breakfast fairy who put sprinkles on your pancake if you were good’. Their was just something about tiffany's giant smile when she saw that “the fairy” had come or the fact she would write thank you notes and wait all week for “the fairy”(my dad) to respond to.all those things just made me laugh or smile.

At the breakfast table we would all discuss what we were going to do that day. Unlike other days today I was busy. I had plans swarming around my head like bees or butterflies. Tomorrow there was no school and that meant jamming as much stuff so I would have something to talk to my friends about on tuesday. While my head was spinning with thoughts of crafts or walks with bean or building a fort, my sister probably had something else planned.’so what are my girls up to today?’ my dad asked.’were gonna play barbies then dress up then chef then give bean a bath then have a teaparty then have a fashion show then do a spa then host a talent show then play baby dolls then i'm gonna go to a SLEEPOVER!!!!!!!!!!”my sister squealed with excitement.

I knew it!No no no no I thought to myself my plans were ruined!” well is their anything you would like to do carly?”my dad asked politely. Before I had the chance to say anything tiffany answered for me”NO”. Well that was it my day was ruined, just great. But then genius idea came to my mind.’i'm sorry tiffany but I have homework to do’ I said. It wasn't great but at least it was something. And it worked! That little sentence was enough to make my sister grudgingly go upstairs to play dolls and whatever else she had planned. Meanwhile I was already out the door wrapped up in a coat,uggs,leggings,and a cozy hat,scarf and mittens. Bean had his red collar and leash and don't forget the comfy coat that I MADE(it was red with a fluffy white interior). We strutted down the sidewalk like it was a runway,the trees and fences where are adoring fans,the leaves that fell where bouquets of flowers thrown at us(from our adoring fans of course).

In the middle of all that Cody(the cutest guy in school)bumped into me. After all we lived in the same neighborhood. Oh my god oh my god oh my god! What am I supposed to say!!! Bean barked as if he interpreted a different message than me. His bark was like saying”hey why are you ruining our runway walk!”. I managed to mumble out “sorry”. But by that time he was already 20 feet away.

I ran to the woods to take refuge. As soon as I was their I unhooked bean from his collar so he could explore. Then I went to go look for my special place,It was a little stump that was perfect for sitting on and thinking or for drawing. While I was scolding myself bean was running around with leaves and moss in his mouth.”ugh what was I thinking”,”seriously sorry”. I was thinking to myself. I couldn't stay mad for long though. I was in the woods a quiet concealed space all to myself. The only noise was bean rustling in the leaves and birds and the occasional squirrel which was occonpeined by bean dropping everything and then barking his head off then chasing it up a tree. I sat and lay down among the leaves.

Bean relaxed about the squirrel and layed on top of me.”omph”even though bean was a puppy and he was a small pug he still weighed around 14-18 pounds. Suddenly I heard shuffling among the leaves. Bean sat up,ready to pounce at any moment. I thought it was a squirrel so I wasn't scared at all. Plus we were deep in the woods a part that I was sure of that nobody had been to or even known about. There it was again this time it was closer. Whatever it was it was not a squirrel. Bean was waiting for the command or for the noise to come closer, whichever came first. The shuffling came again. Followed by cursing and swearing and scolding. I quickly grabbed bean. Who let out a small yelp of confusion. I then quickly hid behind a tree hoping that whoever it was didn't see my puffy jacket from behind the tree and that they hadn't heard bean who was squirming trying to get out of my tight grip.”shhh be quiet and stop squirming” I said to bean as quietly as I could.

Whoever it was came out of the woods. It sounded like a boy. Not just any boy but not ony than the cody bronstrip. And sure enough their was his rustic yet modern voice.”I cant believe I didn't say anything to her””I mean I was the one who interrupted her walk on the sidewalk or whatever that was””all I was trying to get where some simple pictures of her to put in my scrapbook,I mean she is tooo cute””I mean she is a little nerd or quirky but that's cute.”cody said. I hadent even noticed he was holding a camrea and a binder till now. Omg! omg! omg! omg! YAAAAAAAAy!!!!!!!!!he likes me he thinks i'm cute!My mind kept replaying those words all I was trying to get where some simple pictures of her to put in my scrapbook,I mean she is tooo cute, she is a little nerdy or quirky but that's cute. Cody CODY SAID!!!!!! I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadent even noticed bean had slipped out of my grasp.

”aww your so cute”cody said. Wait what??? He was talking to bean. “How did” I thought to myself. I looked down and noticed that bean was gone. I soon realized that if I ever wanted bean back I would have to come out of my hiding place behind the tree.

one scoot at a time hopefully he won't notice you. I Thought to myself. I scooted over a twig.SNAP!!! It broke and cody looked over at my direction. When he spotted me his face turned the brightest shade of red i'd ever seen. Bean looked as though he just saved the world. He trotted over to me proudley. No one spoke for a moment then questions tumbled out of his mouth.He asked things like”did you hear what I just said or why are you here”I simply scoped up bean and started to walk trying not to trip over any roots stones or anything that would make me trip. He then asked why I wasn't responding and I went over to him and give him a kiss on the cheek. He was stunned. Then as I took 5 steps forward he came behind me turned me around and kissed me on the lips. He held me in a tight embrace.(bean was trying to squeeze through our legs) after that he admitted that he loved me and I said I loved him too then we kissed again.

The next moments were a blur. All I heard was a camera click and cody tackle whoever it was. He took the phone he grabbed me and ran. Bean tried to keep up.(I have to admit cody ran super fast) we finally stopped under this old willow that had pictures strung too the branches and knick knacks thrown about everywhere. ”i've never shown anyone this before”he said. Where are we I asked. He told me it was his secret hideout. I looked around and stopped when I saw a big heart carved into the trunk of the tree. It was pretty big and had a bunch of names in it. I skimmed through them sarah(his last girlfreind),sydney,amy,sabrina,(all past gilfreinds.they were all scracthed out.)and what caught my eye was my name. My name among a scatterd mess of all his past gf’s. The world stopped just for a moment,and a smile crept up along my face.He liked me and he counted me as his girlfriend.

Reviews (1)Report

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
aspen-faye
Aspen-Faye
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
30 Jan, 2017
Words
1,695
Read Time
8 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
3.0 (1 review)
Views
1,029

Please login or register to report this story.