Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Parker and Ashleigh

Parker and Ashleigh

By Lindsay Elizabeth - 1 Review

Ashleigh`s POV-

I wish I could tell Parker how much I loved him. I`ve asked Mom how to tell him, but I felt lke the advice she gave me, which consisted of passing him a note in class, but I feel like that`s too typical. I feel weird when he`s near me, it`s like thousands of butterflies are flying around inside my stomach. I just can`t do it! So when I found myself asking Parker if I could tell him something this morning in homeroom, I still had the one-thousand butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey Parker, can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" He said, turning around from his history notes.

" I have been waiting to say this for a really long time, and I`m starting to think that if I don`t tell you, I might drive myself off the deep end" I say slowly, trying to breathe. Parker`s big, beautiful, emerald green eyes are full of hope, like he want`s me to tell him I love him.

"I know what you`re trying to say, because I have the same feeling as you. I am in love with you, and I`ve loved you since sixth grade." He says, happily,"And the truth is, I was just trying to figure out a way to tell you, too. Is that what you were going to say?" He asks. Everyone in the class is looking at us. Hoping for an answer.

"Yes! I love you so, so much! I`m so glad you love me too." I say sweetly. Parker pulls me into hs arms and gives me a huge hug. I return the favor, and we stand hugging while everyone in the class is applauding for us. I have never been so happy in all my life. While we`re still hugging, he asks for my phone number. I break the hug, then walk to my desk and rip a piece of paper out of my notebook. I write my number down and hand it to him. When I turn around, he gives me his number.

"I love you, Ashleigh." He whispers into my ear.

'I love you Parker" I whisper back. We stand hugging until the teacher comes into the room.

Parker`s POV-

i can`t believe that Ashleigh loves me back. I never thought that she`d say the words "I love you" to me in my entire life. I`ve loved her since we were in elementary school. I really want to ask her to the school dance next Friday. I`m pretty sure she`ll say yes. When the bell rings for lunch, we meet each other in the hall in front of her locker.

"Hey Ashleigh, do you want to come with me to the dance next Friday?" I ask her.

"I`d love to go! Do you want to hang out after school?" She asks me.

"Yeah, my parents won`t care. What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"How about that smoothie place? Or maybe the park?" She says, laying out her suggestions.

"How about both?" I suggest.

"I`d love to do both." She says softly.

"I love you." I say, happiness flooding me.

"I`m so glad I told you today, Parker. I couldn't wait." She says, looking up at me. Ashleigh is short and petite, standing at five foot exactly. I`m taller than her by seven inches. I run my fingers through her long, auburn hair, which falls past her waist. She`s so perfect and beautiful. I still can`t believe that she would ever love me, or love a country boy like me. I`m so happy that I smile from ear to ear.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks softly, breaking the silence. I look around, realizing that we are the only people in the hall. Everyone must be in Gifted and Talented. I answer Ashleigh`s question.

"I was thinking about how perfect you are, and how you could love someone like me." I say truthfully. She blushes, and it`s the most wonderful sight in the world. Happiness consumes me again. I`m smiling again. She smiles back at me. Then her eyes widen.

"You have dimples! That`s adorable." She exclaims. I smile at her.

"I`m so glad you like that, I thought that no one would like me because of my dimples" I say, wondering if this is real or a dream. Then, without thinking, I scoop her up, get her bag out of her locker and carry her to class. All the while laughing and telling me to put her down.

Ashleigh`s POV-

Parker carries me to Gifted and Talented. I laugh and tell him to put me down.

"No." He says simply.

"Why no-o-ot?" I whine."Put me do-o-wn!"

"Only if you say the magic word!" He says, in a funny voice.

"Is it please?" I ask."Please let it be please!"

"That`s the magic word!" He says, smiling so happily that my heart feels fit to burst. He starts to put me down, but I stop him.

"I thought you wanted to be put down." He says, confused.

"I changed my mind, I like it when you carry me!" I say in a whiny voce. Parker laughs and hoists me up a bit.

"How are you so strong?' I ask him, burying my face into the side of his neck. I breathe him in. He smells faintly of Gardenias.

"You`re very light, you know." He tells me,"How much do you weigh?"

I gasp pretending to be offended, "How dare you ask me my weight!" I say in a fake, dramatic British accent. Parker must hae sensed that I was joking, because he joined in.

"Forgive me, my dramatic Queen Ashleigh. How may I be of assistance?" He asks, in a deep, bold voce.

"There`s no payment necessary, and I weigh eighty-eight pounds.' I inform him.

"No wonder you`re so easy to carry!" he declares, "You are light as a feather!"

"Hmm, I`ve been trying to gain weight." I add,"My dad says that the heavier you are, the harder you are to kidnap!"

Parker looks at me for a second before adding, "You`re perfect just the way you are, you don`t have to change a thing about yourself."

"You are the sweetest boy I have ever met Parker Tate Ray"

"Right back at you, Ashleigh Margot Potter." He shoots back. The walk to the Gifted and Talented room is long. We stop at the door, before Parker helps me back on my feet. We`re lucky, because the class hasn`t started yet. He gives me my bag.

"Thanks Babe" I say without thinking.

"Babe?" he asks, but I can tell that he likes his new nickname."I love that, but you need one too." He opens the door and we walk in. Unlike regular classes, we can sit wherever we want and use our phones. We sit down at the table for two in the back of the room. I look at the timer on the smart board. Twelve minutes until class officially starts.

"Now, back to the romantic nickname talk." Parker says, bringing me back to the present."I think I should call you Love, or maybe sweetheart."

"I like Sweetheart" I clarify.

Then I should call you sweetheart" He says, smiling.

"Perfect." I say, smiling.

Parker`s POV-

I love the sound of Ashleigh`s new nickname when I call her it. Sweetheart. Something about it fills my heart with joy. Ashleigh is looking at me with an expression of pure love on her face. She appears to be studying my face. I smile studying hers. We stare at each other for a while, smiling happily. My thoughts drift off to the school dance. I imagine her dancing with me in a nice dress. I imagine myself wearing a long sleeve, red flannel button-down shirt with some boot-cut jeans and some brown cowboy boots. I wonder what kind of dress Ashleigh will wear.

"Will you wear a dress to the dance?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I`m planning on wearing a long, red frock with long sleeves and a crossed back since it`s a Autumn dance." she tells me, then asks "What are you going to wear?"

"I`m planning on wearing a long sleeve, red flannel shirt with boot-cut blue jeans and a pair of cowboy boots." I answer. She looks surprised.

"You know, babe I`m glad you`re not going to be one of those show-it-offs that wear a fancy suit, tie and dress shoes." Ashleigh says, leaning back in her chair.

"I`m glad you approve of my outfit, sweetheart" I say softly,"I can`t wait to go to the dance with you."

"I can`t wait to dance the night away, I even heard that they`re using the auditorium instead of the cafeteria." she says, looking thoughtful.

"Nice to know that they put effort into the dance this time, last year was a mess!" I tell her, recalling the event.

She smiles and laughs, and then she says,"I mean it really was a mess. The food was no good, the music was too old and it was lame."

"That`s very true. i guess that they saved up some money to make the dance better." I assume. Ashleigh nods and then pull out her phone.

When she sees my confusion, she says, "I have to text my mom and tell her I`ll be home late."

"I should probably text my parents, too. They`d have a fit if they didn`t know where I was." I say, opening my messages. Once we`re both done texting our parents, she turns toward me and kisses my cheek. It`s a soft feather of a kiss, but I`m still shocked. without thinking, I take her face in mine and kiss her right back.

Author Notes: Today I decided to make something romantic and sweet. It`s a nice change of pace from the sad, depressing things I usually write. Did you like it? Let me know in the reviews! Love from Lucy! :)

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lindsay_Elizabeth
Lindsay Elizabeth
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
15 Apr, 2022
Words
1,686
Read Time
8 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
860

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.