Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Past, Present And Future
Past, Present And Future

Past, Present And Future

AquariusAquarius

Someone asked me the other day whether I believe that our subconscious can know the future in the same way as it may reveal the past to us – in meditation, if this is desirable for our present stage of development. I do not think it would be good for us to know too much of either the future or the past. In my view, the veil of consciousness is there for our protection. If we had to live with the conscious memories of everything that ever happened to us – not in one lifetime or maybe two or three, but thousands – if we knew all the things we once were capable of doing, we would find it impossible to live with ourselves. I believe that we are here at this particular time, so that we may re-learn to trust the goodness of life and that it will forever lead us to where we need to move next for our highest good and greatest joy.

To my mind, we are not meant to know the future, for if we did it would be available and easily accessible to us, which it is not – undoubtedly for wise reasons. And I for one am glad about this. What would happen to the thrill and excitement of the explorations that are always waiting for us, to lead us onwards and upwards on the spiritual mountain with ever more new discoveries? What would be the point of knowing their outcome in advance? That’s why I am no friend of using astrology as a tool for predicting the future. I am satisfied with familiarising myself with the energies that are at our disposal at any given time, personally and collectively, and the general trends they bring with it. This to me is helpful when it comes to paddling the canoe of my life on the great river of all life, steering it through the rapids and down the waterfalls.

In this way astrology is useful for assisting us with the process of learning how to work in harmony with the Universal energies, instead of struggling against them, the way our race has been doing for far too long. Being aware of the Big Picture and knowing the broadest of outlines of humankind’s future is enough for me and I look forward with the keenest of interest to what lies ahead for all of us and also for me individually, and how everything will unfold. But while we are here, let us focus on helping Mother Earth in any way we can with her evolution.

It needs to be born in mind that many small people, in many small places, doing many small things can change our world. In my view, the best contribution anyone can make is by living modestly, refusing to over-consume and recycling whenever possible. This has to be done freely and willingly and not because someone – no matter who – says that’s what we should or ought to do. The only spiritually valid way of deciding for any course of action at any given time is when our inner guidance tells us that something is right for us now. In this particular case that the way we are living is out of love and respect for our planet.

Doing all we can to work for instead of against the wellbeing of Mother Earth and thus providing a good example for those around us is one of the main reasons for finding ourselves in this life at this time of transformation and healing. Don’t you think our poor planet has had to put up far too long with our race and the suffering you and I too once must have inflicted upon her and all her kingdoms – the way so many are doing to this day because they have not yet woken up to their true nature and the purpose and meaning of their earthly existence?

Every cell and atom of our physical bodies are filled with the consciousness their indwelling spirit and soul have reached at any given moment. At the end of each lifetime we leave this vehicle for one lifetime only behind. The essence of our being moves on into the world of light, our true home from which we emerge at the beginning of every earthly sojourn. The cells and atoms of our physical boy are filled with the consciousness our earthly self had reached at the time of its departure. This is our gift to the Earth. It belongs to her and stays with her, irrespective of whether our mortal remains were disposed of by burial, cremation or at sea.

Expressed in the simplest of terms darkness is not knowing God’s true nature and our own, and the purpose and meaning of our existence. Being aware of these things is light. Therefore, in our peace prayers let us ask for the light of God’s sacred wisdom and truth to fill not only our own hearts and souls but also of everybody else who shares this world with us. We pray that love, light and healing may enter all life, so that together we may progress on our pathway up the spiritual mountain. So far most advancements of our world have resulted from conflicting views, opinions and interests and the suffering caused by them. With ever more of God’s wisdom and truth entering human consciousness, we hope that growth will eventually also be achievable through peace movements.

In spite of all our peace efforts there may sometimes be no other way of resolving one of the conflicts in our outer world than through the use of weapons. Even if this is the case, things can only happen because the resulting events represent an essential part of the lessons required by some of our younger, less experienced siblings in the human family of life. Therefore, such courses of action too are God’s will, and there is a great need for praying that the light of Divine wisdom should fill the hearts and souls of all those involved. There is never any reason for losing our faith and trust in our Creator’s great plan of life, whose wisdom and love at all times blesses every one of us. May His/Her love shine ever more brightly in all human hearts and souls, until everyone’s whole being is filled with it to such an extent that our hands can do nothing but work with love, our hearts beat with it, our mouths utter nothing but its sounds and all eyes, the mirrors of our souls, radiantly glow with it.

Life is a journey and not a destination. Make an effort to savour it, every single step of the way, for even if our present lifetime should last one hundred years, it will be but a small stopping point on our evolutionary pathway back home into the oneness with God and all life. Being fully and consciously here in the moment to my mind is far more important than peering into the past or the future. Every second of our existence – wherever we may be spending it – is a moment in Eternity and precious beyond compare. Although I still have difficulties living the way John Denver’s song suggests, I share the feelings it expresses that this is how all of us would be well advised to live:

Sweet Surrender
Lost and alone on some forgotten highway,
Travelled by many remembered by few,
Looking for something that I can believe in,
Looking for something that I’d like to do with my life.

There’s nothing behind me and nothing that ties me
To something that might have been true yesterday.
Tomorrow is open and right now it seems to be more
Than enough to just be there today

I don’t know what the future is holding in store,
I don’t know where I’m going, I’m not sure where I’ve been.
There’s a spirit that guides me, a light that shines for me,
My life is worth the living, I don’t need to see the end

Sweet, sweet surrender,
Live, live without care,
Like a fish in the water,
Like a bird in the air.

John Denver

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 Mar, 2020
Words
1,358
Read Time
6 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
937

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.