Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Places I
Places I

Places I

Lollipop_56scorp

“Ugh…” I groaned. I was laying flat on my back with no record of how I got there. My memory was blank; I couldn’t even remember a single detail. I was walking back home from school, and a bright flashing light blinded me, and the next thing I know that there was darkness.

Moss tickled my limbs, and my eyes fluttered open. I closed then again as soon as a sharp pain shot through my eyeballs. It felt like someone stabbed them, and that did not feel good. Everything hurt; my legs, my hands, my head. It was a low pulsing throb that I couldn’t push down or shake away. I felt like I was seconds away from retching.

I took a deep breath and tried to open my eyes again. The pain shot through my once again, but I bit my lip and forced them open.

I couldn’t see anything at first, but white light. My eyes adjusted slowly, maybe me blink a few times.

The first thing I saw was the sky. It was clear and bright blue; it must be morning. The trees surrounding it were a lush green, untouched by humanity’s cruel pollution.

I propped myself on my elbows, stifling another groan.

I turned my head, looking once again at my environment.

My head was resting on a root of a large redwood tree. It towered over me as birds squawked in the distance. I ran my hands across the moss. I didn’t know how long I was in this forest, but I felt hungry and thirsty.

I tried to sit up, but a sharp painful stab stopped me, I carefully laid back down, waiting for the pain to pass.

After a minute or so, I sat up. My spine was stiff and my shoulders were clenched, and they seemed stuck that way. I tried to shake my shoulders and relax them, but it hurt so I stopped.

I bit my lip. How long would it take to stand up?

After a few agonizingly slow minutes, I stood up and stretched my arms. I felt like I was in an ice cube; all my muscles were stiff and I could barely move them.

I took my first step. I didn’t know where to go. I looked around again and ignored the pain as I twisted my neck.

There. There was a small light, brighter than the rest of the green leaves. It was just a small dot, but it was hope. I need to find water and food, or something.

I also needed to know where I am and how I got here.

I still can't wrap my mind around this. It was a normal school day, and boom! I was teleported here. In a forest, in the middle of nowhere.

My body might be slow and still recovering from the shock, but my mind was going a hundred miles a minute.

I started waddling towards the small dot of light. My knees were still stuck, so I tried as best as I could to walk.

It was painstakingly slow.

Waddle left. Put your weight on your left leg. Swing your right leg in front. Waddle right.

But after a few minutes, the stiffness and pain faded away. I could finally walk normally again.

And now, the little dot of light, of hope was much bigger.

I squinted against the harsh white light, but still couldn’t make out anything. I need to wait for my eyes to adjust again.

I blinked quickly. It was a clearing. Flowers sprouted from the small clear area. Water glinted off the sunlight as it ran through the stream.

Water. There was water.

I started running despite the sharp pain that made my inhale quickly. My legs moved faster to the small source of water.

I broke into the clearing, but didn’t have time to look around properly. I rushed to the water. Oh god, my tongue felt my sandpaper.

I slurped up the water. It was the best thing I ever drank. I dunked my whole into the stream. Water, water, water.

I took about 15 gulps in about two seconds.

I resurfaced and took another deep breath. I was still hungry, but at least I had water.

I thrusted my hand through my wet hair.

I eyed the clearing. Now that I had a clean source of water, I had much more time.

My eyes feel on a tree. I was so lucky. There was small dots of purple. Berries.

Running again, I grabbed a fistful from a low branch and examined them. It was nothing like I ever seen before.

I decided to take a risk. I took a single berry and popped it in my mouth.

It was so sweet to a point it hurt. I waited a minute, waiting for the poison to kick in and kill me in agonizing death.

Nothing came.

I could find my way home now.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
19 Jun, 2019
Words
823
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
833

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.