Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Princess
Princess

Princess

ThomastheRayThomas Ray
7 Reviews

The princess looked at the bandits through the cover of a thick red bush.

They were sitting around their small fire, as lazy as ever. One was sharpening his knife, and another was actually cooking what looked like dinner. All the others—about ten more—were either in their tents or off hunting.

Inside the small semi-circle of tents was a post, tied to which was a man. A knight. Her objective.

One princess versus two bandits.

Easy.

The princess, Seveth, stood up from her crouching posture and swept the branches of the red bush aside with one arm. Instantly, the two bandits stood, looking slightly alarmed, then confused, then their faces relaxed into a laugh, haughty and overconfident.

The princess, in her usual brown trousers and purple shirt, along with a matching traveling cloak draped over her shoulders, must not have seemed a threat, because they didn’t even get their guard up.

Seveth had both of them on the floor groaning before they had a chance to react properly.

Taking a knife from one of them, she cut the ropes binding her knight to the post. He stood, rubbing his wrists and spoke in his quiet voice.

“You never cease to amaze me, Seveth. Why did you come?”

“Because I was bored.” Seveth looked around at the tents and trees. “Let’s get out of here before I have to punch any more bandits.”

He nodded and they made their way out of the clearing.

A whoosh. A thud like an arrow in wood.

The knight collapsed, and a wooden shaft—with red feather fletching—could be seen protruding from just above his collarbone. Blood was already staining his white tunic red.

He was dead.

Seveth stood for several shocked moments before she realized that she was screaming.

Before she could locate the archer, an arrow struck her in the chest and she fell to the ground, writhing in pain.

She looked over at her dead knight, wondering—

The author looked away from his computer screen. What was he writing? Why was he writing it? It was trash! Why would the princess die? Why would the knight die? It didn’t make sense!

With a frustrated noise, the author closed the document. He didn’t have time for this.

Author Notes: Well, this happened.

Recommend Reviews (7) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
ThomastheRay
Thomas Ray
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
11 Oct, 2018
Words
377
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
3 (View)
Recommend's
6 (View)
Rating
5.0 (7 reviews)
Views
3,314

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.