Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Reflections On Forgiveness
Reflections On Forgiveness

Reflections On Forgiveness

AquariusAquarius

Reflections On Forgiveness

Although forgiveness is a gift for those who trespassed against us in some way or another, first and foremost it is a present from our heart to our soul. It has nothing to do with giving in and everything with letting go. Whether or not we think someone deserves our forgiveness, it is necessary because that is the only way of setting each other free from the shackles of the karmic debts that, for many lifetimes, could have chained us to each other as if they were made of cast iron. These bonds are of an emotional nature and the only way they can be dissolved is through forgiveness that flows quite naturally from loving and understanding hearts.

When someone has hurt us, holding onto anger for a long time is the earthly self’s natural response, but that is merely a way of trying to compensate for the powerlessness we felt. Finding ways of letting go of our anger is much more positive and constructive. A good way of doing this is through talking with the offender without attacking or blaming them, merely describing how their behaviour made us feel. Listening to another’s point of view helps us to see things in a different light and to grow more tolerant. And that’s the most vital ingredient for forgiveness that flows from our head and heart, instead of the head on its own.

If, for any reason, we cannot communicate with those who hurt us, flow-writing about the experience whatever comes to mind can be just as good a release. Talking things over with a friend or counsellor is another way of making peace with the events. But first and foremost we need to forgive ourselves for once having set the wheels in motion, possibly many lifetimes ago, that drew this experience into our life. In my view, forgiving does not necessarily mean forgetting. Even though it is never easy to forget what someone did to us, re-living past painful incidents time and again is bad for our health because it increases our susceptibility to illness. Forgiveness helps our soul to heal and so does our physical body.

The Old Testament is shared by the Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The book of Deuteronomy is part of it. It is thought to have been composed in Jerusalem in the 7th century BC during the religious reforms that came about during the reign of King Josiah from 641 to 609 BC. It has taken a long time until the true meaning of Deuteronomy 32:35 revealed itself. In the light of understanding the Aquarian age is bringing us, it is no longer hard to recognise it as follows: ‘Vengeance is Mine and recompense. Their foot shall slip in due course when the day of their calamity is at hand and the things they have done return to them.’

The basis of this quote is God’s Universal law of cause and effect or Karma, to which all life is subject, including our own and that of our whole world. This law decrees that everything has to return to its source. That has always seen to it that every one of our thoughts, words and actions in some form eventually returns to us, either later in our present lifetime or a future one, not as some kind of punishment or vengeance. It is the Universe’s way of gradually teaching us, in the course of many earthly sojourns, about the two sides of any situation.

Albert Einstein, 1879-1955, wrote: ‘Any fool can know. The point is to understand.’ How right he was! The knowledge of this law on its own is not enough. Understanding how it works and affects our own life and that of our whole world provides us with the answer to why bad things sometimes happen to the best of people and why unpleasant people are drawn into our orbit. Comprehending these things eventually turns into the tool that eventually empowers all human beings to consciously work on changing their character make-up and through this easing the flow of their destiny.

Discovering the truth about everything, why things are the way they are and how they came/come into being is the birthright of each one of us. That’s why throughout my writings the word ‘because’ is the most frequently used one and I make no apologies for it. The Age of Aquarius is the age of truth. In the world around us it can be seen quite clearly how, the deeper we move into this age, the more difficult it is becoming to keep the truth away from people. I believe that it will not be long now until pulling the wool over people’s eyes has become impossible.

Understanding our true nature, the higher purpose of our earthly existence and the reasons why things are happening to us is part of this development. Without this kind of understanding there is no way of telling the truth from a lie. But when we understand all, we have no problems forgiving everything. And that is the key that unlocks the inner doors through which forgiveness, not only for ourselves and those who trespassed against us, but for everything that ever happened in our world, flows quite naturally.

If we cannot manage forgiving someone on our own, all we have to do is reach out for God and the Angels. Whenever we ask for their help about anything, they are always willing to show us intuitively how to go about it. After all, to err is human and to forgive is Divine. Forgiveness brings inner peace and meditations and prayers are good ways of finding both.

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
29 Jun, 2019
Words
945
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
765

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.