Please register or login to continue

Register Login

rott
rott

rott

hypnotic-whisp~ twixx ~

rott has no flesh, no blood, no semblance of any living quality about them. they're only a skeleton, faintly yellowed from age, something to look at and feel a pang of mourning in your heart for the creature that once roamed. they lie delicately situated upon the dry ground. you'd assume they were merely asleep, if they didn't look so. . . dead.

yet also teeming with life, in a way. lush moss thrives in abundance to cover patches of bone, and beautifully green ivy snakes along their ribcage. sickeningly sweet-smelling flowers bloom from seemingly nowhere in their eye socket. they're overgrown with flora, and you can't help but wonder- do they know how beautiful they are?

their tail sways slowly and carelessly, stirring bits of dust into the air with every motion. you gently move aside a vine and run a hand over the bone. it's worn and scratched beneath your touch, roughed-up from the centuries rott has lived. have they even lived? is this living? who knows? they're sentient, that's for sure, but alive? what is it to live?

you feel a faint exhale from nonexistent lungs at your feet and gaze down into rott's dark, hollow sockets, alive with vibrant magentas and fiery oranges of blooms.

life.

these are thoughts too big to consider now.

Author Notes: i haven't fully planned out rott's character, maybe they're an old god of sorts- should i continue? i'm really excited to hear what y'all think about this :D

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hypnotic-whisp
~ twixx ~
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
27 Sep, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
216
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
511

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.