Please register or login to continue

Register Login

School Stories
School Stories
Unlisted

School Stories

-Lynnyan-Lyn
1 Review

What to write, what to write?! There are so many other wonderful authors out there, most of which are much better than me... Why would you come to read this story? Why am I even typing this up? Am I bored? Do I just want attention? Why are you still reading? Are you this interested in me? No way, that's impossible! Are you perhaps here because you thought this would be another story? No, no, I would've given this a name before I posted it, so that can't be it, right? Maybe you, I don't know, want to know more about me? If that's the (very unlikely) case, then, by all means, keep reading! But if this is tiring and maybe you want to do something a bit less boring, then I am fully with you. ...Maybe not fully, but you get my point. Ha, point! Like a pencil, which I am- wait -now holding in my hand as I type this. Uh, if you're still here, then congratulations! You have managed to put up with me for a whole paragraph, wow! Now that deserves a prize. But I don't have one, so maybe go eat some candy or something...
Ok, so now for the real reason you're here. You want to know more about me! Um, I think I'm just going to tell stories of my childhood. Or, at least, the childhood I can remember. So, uh, for those of you who don't know, I'm referred to as Lynnyan. That's pronounced Linn-E-en. I think that should help with some confusion. Uh, Anyway, I just turned thirteen this year! I had to wait a whole month to sign on to this beautiful community... But, uh, anyway! I am about to finish seventh grade and I am so happy to be on here with all of you wonderful bookworms! I guess I should start telling my stories, huh?

I was in kindergarten when this happened. We were standing in line at my teacher's desk, I can't remember why. I think we were getting ready for lunch, or something like that. Anyway, this girl in front of me, I cannot name names, she does something to tick me off. I am pretty reasonable now, but a while back I was scary! My past self kinda scares me, to be honest.
Anyway, I was a bookworm in kindergarten, so I had this book with me. I've told this story a few times, most of them claiming that the book was a big thick one from the school library filled with fairytales. But, I don't know if this is true. I think I might have stretched the story to look cooler.
But, as I was saying, the unnamed girl ticked me off. I don't know how, I don't know why. But I got hopping mad! I was so mad, I swung the book over my head and bashed it into hers. Of, course everyone else freaked out. It's a blur after that, but the next thing I remember is a parent-teacher conference in my teacher's classroom. The girl and her parents were there, too. The teacher began talking about how she hadn't seen the incident, so she needed us to fill in the blanks. My parents looked at me and without hesitation, I said, "I'm sorry, it was an accident!"
That got her all upset, so she started screaming and crying that "It wasn't, it wasn't! She did it on purpose!"
I can't remember the rest of the conference. All I know is that afterward, I got a real talking-to about swinging my arms around while others were nearby. I had gotten away with it! It seemed too good to be true, but it was. The girl and her group of friends avoided me from that day forward. And I think the boys were scared of me for a while after that.

Wow, that was insane! Me? Hitting a girl with a book?! Impossible! But, It's true. I'm trying to stay true to the stories, so you can be certain I won't make anything in this little musing up! It's very strange to see my past turned into some kind of narrative. Anyway, let's move on to the next one!

So, we're still in kindergarten at the moment, but don't worry! We'll move on soon. There was a boy in my class. He had been held back in kindergarten the year I was in the class with him, so he had already been through everything once. That was probably why he was so nonchalant towards me...
So, you know how in kindergarten you get to take naps during nap-time? Well, for some reason I wasn't able to sleep during nap-time. (I hope that's how I should spell it...) The boy, let's call him Mason because I'll be using him again soon, would get me in trouble during nap-time. In kindergarten, my class rotated tables so we could all meet and play with different people. One rotation, he sat directly in front of me and that was where it all went wrong. He would make faces at me as the other kids slept. It was so rude! I guess I laughed too hard, or too many people were disturbed, because the next thing I knew, I was in trouble with my teacher! Oh, that boy, he was a real trouble maker. I am still upset about that!

Oh, Mason, I remember him. He got a haircut during quarantine and now it looks like he has curly hair, kinda. Anyway, the next story happened sometime between the beginning of first grade and the end of second grade.

One day at recess, Mason challenged me to a race. I agreed and we ran down towards the swings set, around a tiny play area, and finished back at the tire swing. The kids cheered wildly for me as I crossed the "finish line" in the first place. Then, like a sore loser, he demanded a rematch. And the fool I was, I agreed, caught up in arrogance. I thought I would be able to beat him again easily but to no avail. We raced immediately after the first race, so I was pretty tired. He beat me with ease, rushing right past me as I stopped in the middle of the rematch to catch my breath. We haven't really talked since.

Alright, now let's skip ahead to around fourth grade. This story is a bit longer and continues throughout the fourth, fifth, and sixth grades. Let's get to it, shall we?
After third grade, my best friend from kindergarten moved to Florida. It was hard to move on, and the friend I'm about to tell you about helped me get through so much of it. I have decided to use her name, as she was and always will be a great friend of mine. So, if this offends her, I am truly sorry. Let me know and I will remove your name.

When I first met Kierstan, we were practically inseparable. She was kind, funny, and had one heck of a personality. She was the one to teach me how to play mancala, and I'll beat you at if you want! Anyway, we rode the bus to field trips together, we ate candy together, laughed together, had a couple of sleepovers, the whole thing. Our teacher, Mrs. ToughCookie (NOT her real name!), even told us we were her favorite students together! I just don't know what went wrong. I guess it started to go wrong sometime near the end of fourth grade. She acted off, not too weird though. Only weird enough for me to notice as I'm thinking back on this. We still hung out over the summer, went to the pool together. But she was just off.
Then, at the beginning of fifth grade, a new girl came to our school. Kierstan already knew her and her mom wanted her to be close friends with her so she could feel as though she knew someone there. I said, sure, okay, that's fine! But then, Kierstan started hanging out with her more than me. I didn't say anything, because I thought she would, you know, be friends with the new girl and me. But, it seemed like she started hanging out with the new girl more and more as time went on. Of course, I didn't say anything. It was her decision who she wanted to hang out with more. And just because she's close friends with the new girl, doesn't mean she can't be friends with me. But that theory seemed to get turned on its head when Kierstan stopped hanging out with me at all. And, like an idiot, I still kept my mouth shut. I didn't tell anyone about what was going on or how I felt about it.
And then, just like that, Kierstan was gone and I had no one to mess around with anymore. That's when I met the depressed kids. They're sad and mopey and not anything like how I am now. But back then, that was exactly how I felt. The depressed kids just kinda picked me up and said, "Hey, you're sad and mopey, too. Wanna hang?" And that's how I met some of my closest friends. Alright, time for some nicknames! There was Smiley, Toonthing, Mini Van, Harry Potter Knock-Off, and, uh, Nerd. Yeah, so, not the best names, but you get the idea. We kinda just hung out and swung around a tree, played tag, or Smiley and I wrote stories. Smiley and I grew a strong bond over the rest of sixth grade.
One day, I wasn't feeling sad and mopey, but the depressed kids' aura kind of threw off my groove. A while later, I decided I didn't want to be sad all the time, so I left. I chose to swing around the tree and not talk to anyone, which wasn't very smart. Later on, Smiley and I become friends again because swinging around a tree is boring and can make you sad. She tells me something that makes me feel really bad about leaving. I'm sorry, but I won't embarrass her, so I won't tell you what it is. Anyway, we went to a middle school dance at the end of the year and I promised her that I'd never leave her again. I pinky swore, people! The next year we just kind of did what we always did.
Then the Virus split us apart. Now, I barely ever see them. And Smiley and I are drifting. But, I'm not so sure that it's a bad thing. I think I need to find friends who are a bit more upbeat. So, Smiley and I are still talking over text and laughing at our ridiculous typos as all friends do. But, we aren't as close as we were before. And I'm trying my hardest to keep my promise.

That one was long! I'm sorry to those of you who actually read that. Anyway, those are all the stories I can remember about school.

Author Notes: If you would like more, please let me know, and I will be happy to write it for you! And if you have any stories of your own, I would love to hear them!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
-Lynnyan-
Lyn
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
18 Feb, 2021
Words
1,850
Read Time
9 mins
Rating
1.0 (1 review)
Views
530

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.