Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sneak Peek! <3
Sneak Peek! <3

Sneak Peek! <3

-Lynnyan-Lyn
1 Review

Beep, beep, beeeeep!

I gasp, sucking in as much air as possible. I sit up in bed, still shocked. “Wha-what?” I whisper, though I can’t seem to recall what has me so freaked out. It must’ve been a nightmare, I think to myself. I can’t quite remember what it was about, though. Something about a burger? Maybe? Doesn’t matter, I think. It was just a dream.

Whatever it was, it seemed to end right as my alarm began going off. I lean over and shut it off. Stupid alarm, it’s Sunday. I make a mental reminder to program it to only go off on the weekdays. I clumsily make my way to the bathroom, still stiff from sleep.

After I finish brushing my teeth, I stumble downstairs. I find some waffles in the fridge and pop them in the toaster. I get a weird sensation as I grab the butter and syrup from the fridge. It was as if I had done this all before. Not quite deja vu, but something similar. The ding! from the toaster brings me back to reality, but not for long. Lyn creeps up behind me and says her greeting.

“Hey, Leo.” This was all so familiar.

“Hi,” I respond cautiously. What was wrong with me?

Lyn makes her way to the fridge and I watch her, my syrup bottle open over the waffles I had just put on a paper plate. She grabs a cup, fills it with ice, and tops it with orange juice. I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts. There was no way this had been done before, it just wasn’t possible.

“Um…” I look up to see Lyn pointing at my plate. The waffles were drenched in syrup. That’s when I’m hit with deja vu.

“Lyn,” I begin, not sure exactly where to start, “I keep getting this feeling like deja vu.”

“Is it deja vu?” she jokes, but I’m too freaked to even notice.

“Not exactly. It’s kinda like I’ve, I don’t know, done this all before?” She freezes right as she’s about to add milk to the oatmeal she was currently making. She puts the milk down and looks me dead in the eyes. Then she encourages me to go on with a nod of her head.

“I had a nightmare last night, but all I can remember about it is that there was a burger.” I wince at how weird this is sounding. A nightmare about a burger?

She looks downward as she thinks this over. She’ll think you’re nuts! I tell myself to shut up.

Finally, she looks up at me and says, “Obviously, you’ll need to stay away from burgers, then.” My face must give away my disappointment at her answer because she begins to explain.

Author Notes: Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you would like this story to be split into parts so you guys can read it. If you would rather have me upload it all together when I finish, that's what I'm planning on doing anyway. Have a wonderful day! <3

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
-Lynnyan-
Lyn
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Mar, 2021
Words
463
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
1.0 (1 review)
Views
578

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.