Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Solitary Dancer
Solitary Dancer

Solitary Dancer

AaronTheRockerAaronTheRocker

The dead of night she wanders to the forest. Away from neighborhood lights and street lamps, she lightly makes her way in a white and grey leotard with tights and her hair in a bun, walking barefoot following the dark star-filled sky that guides her path.

A line of trees that are outlined from the night light appear far in a field. Soft grass and dandelions cushion and smooth the bottom of her feet feeling Mother Earth with care and bliss listening to her very words and breath which crickets and frogs cry.

From tall grass and lichen stone the wall of free spirited trees line in front of her. She breathes the cool heavy night dew that fills her mind, heart and soul as she closes her eyes in fog and moonlight. Exhaling with one step, a new world not seen in shapes.

Fine mist drapes along her shoulders and arms with a soft sensation. A waterfall sounds in the distance crashing and popping as it hits rocks and pours into a pool. Crickets and frogs still about, but now in a lighter tone. Whispering wind comes and goes as pleased not bothering her at all.

Slowly opening her calm delicate eyes, a world she's always dreamed of stands in front of her. Trees with beautiful parasitic brown and green vines wrap deep definition in the bark twisting and turning with large and small fragile flowers of white, purple and blue that litter them shining beside the pool of crystal water that is misting near the rocky, hanging moss waterfall, but turns to reflecting moonlight glass nearing the edges.

Grazing her hands along the tops of tall grass with her amble stroll, she can sense life inside them, each preciousness belonging to its own shape and form. The damp, soft dirt and mud strong enough to support her, but give mold to the feet marking every step and move she makes in delight.

Centering her line of sight on a large flat rock that sits in the center of the crystal pool, she ganders at the garden of beauty that no one has ever seen. Beauty so breathtaking, God could have only made it for her.

The edge of the water line, she leans over and looks down into the shallow mirror that reflects her silhouette with the midnight sun overhead peering down. Calm it is, till she takes one step in on tiny pebbles that rest at the bottom when she ripples the water making subdued splashes against her ankles. With muted steps, she glides her feet under the surface staying quiet and gentle as no heavenly place should be disturbed.

Steps away from the flat rock, she begins to pliè and crosses her legs to touch the shiny water with her long honest hands taking in the purity of nature.
Relevé she went sliding back up going on the tips of her toes and making like a fawn to the rock.

Arising on top of the clean unscathed stone and sitting on it, she slowly brings her legs up, having the water drops drip from her ankles tap the glass surface.

Crossing her legs while sitting, she breathes peacefully without rush or sound. All preciousness she takes in for this moment and looks upon her crowd. The trees, flowers, stones, the waterfall, it's her audience that give no judgement.

Closing her eyes once again and bowing her head down with her arms folded inside her chest, she waits in the calm she created inside her mind letting go of the crickets, frogs and the waterfall.

She throws her arms up gracefully and jumps up on the rock landing on the tops of her toes and begins to twirl, opening her eyes taking a long look with circles of passion in paradise.


 

Author Notes: Inspired by both the song and music video "Edge of Thorns" by Savatage.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
AaronTheRocker
AaronTheRocker
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
11 May, 2021
Words
634
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
467

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.