Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Stemming The Tide
Stemming The Tide

Stemming The Tide

AquariusAquarius

As you go through your life, you are sure to encounter some who would like to stem the tide of new understanding that is now flowing into the consciousness of our world. When you do, forgive them and think of fate of the Polish astronomer and mathematician Nicolaus Copernicus, 1473-1543, who established that our planet is not the centre of the Universe, and that it revolves round the Sun and not the other way round. Reflecting on how much the understanding of ourselves and our world has grown by now is clear evidence that it was as true in Copernicus’ time as it is now, that in the long run, no-one can suppress the truth.

Yet, to this day, there are many who try to do just that, in the hope that they may thus be able to hold back the spiritual development of us and our world. Knowing that it has ever been so, do not let anyone or anything disturb your peace of mind and remind yourself how Copernicus’ announcement once shook the foundations of all Christian beliefs. The Church of Rome, still all powerful at that time, did its best to undermine his credibility. However, even with the help of its ruthless and cruel tool, the Inquisition, it did not succeed. It could not because his discovery was meant to come to our world through him and at that time.

Goethe, 1749-1832, wrote: ‘Of all discoveries and opinions, none may have exerted a greater effect on the human spirit than the doctrine of Copernicus. The world had scarcely become known as round and complete in itself, when it was asked to waive the tremendous privilege of being the centre of the Universe. Never, perhaps, was a greater demand made on humankind – for by this admission so many things vanished in mist and smoke! What became of our Eden, our world of innocence, piety and poetry; the testimony of the senses; the conviction of a poetic/religious faith? No wonder his contemporaries did not wish to let all this go and offered every possible resistance to a doctrine which in its converts authorised and demanded a freedom of view and greatness of thought so far unknown, indeed not even dreamed of.’

Just imagine! Something many times more magnificent is now taking place. And you and I are here to help bring it about. Count your blessings if you are among the wise ones, who can recognise that there is no conflict between the old and the new; that in fact, there is now a coming together and a reconciliation of all the beliefs, religions and philosophies our world has ever known. Through the new understanding that is ever more strongly flowing into us and our world this is quite naturally happening.

Yet, when it comes to sharing the knowledge you find, you are likely to hit some obstacles in the shape of those who rigidly insist on clinging to beliefs that have long become outdated. Their eagerness to defend their viewpoint, may blind them towards the spiritual developments that are now taking place in us and our world. Respect their views – even if they fail to do the same for yours. Take comfort from knowing that they too will understand when their time for doing so has come and the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, will then draw them ever more into Its loving heart. Even if this takes until another lifetime, or maybe several, we all get there in the end.

The way I see it is that none of us has come into this lifetime to destroy any of the ladders our siblings in the human family are still climbing on, but gently and lovingly widening someone’s horizons never harmed anyone. You can tell by their reaction whether people are ready for what you have to give. If so, the Highest may have chosen you to be the instrument and channel for working through. Do not persevere with those who reject your beliefs, but accept that their time for grasping what you have to say has not yet come. Leave them to it, move on and let the Christ Spirit within you, your God or Highest Self, be your shepherd to guide you to greener pastures, where other sheep – like-minded people – are willing to graze peacefully, together with you.

* * *
 

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Aug, 2020
Words
727
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
366

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.