Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Stolen Flowers Part 2
Stolen Flowers Part 2

Stolen Flowers Part 2

Sparkly_AlicornPoet

It had been a month since she died. The hospital bill had wiped out every penny he had saved. Thankfully, his parents had paid off the house before they gave it to him in their will. They had adopted Eric and Emma when they were in their late 60’s. A very old age to become parents of a 15 year old boy and a 3 year old girl, but they felt God calling them to parenthood.

But now, he had had to watch his 10 year old sister die, all alone.

Eric was heading to the cemetery, to visit his parents and baby sister. He wanted to bring her flowers, but he had already spent his money on food for the week.

Eric looked longingly at the flower stand. He realized the man was distracted by an angry customer, so he grabbed a bouquet of flowers and stuffed it in his jacket.

His heart was pounding. He didn't stop pedaling until he got to the cemetery. Eric threw his bike down and went to his sister’s grave.

“Hey sis.” He said, quietly, as though he was telling a secret. “I got you some flowers. Sorry they arent your favorite color, I’ll do better next time.” He smiled and laid them down. “I… I got a dog. His name is Clive. I thought you might be happy I got a friend. He’s so sweet.” his voice wavered as he said, “It’s not the same as having you. You were the best.” A tear rolled down his cheek, into his overgrown beard. “Why’d you leave me? Why sis?” He saw some other people coming in to say goodbye to their loved one. “Sorry, gotta go.” He wiped his face with his sleeve, and made a sound of internal pain. “Love you.”

And then, Eric was gone.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sparkly_Alicorn
Poet
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
22 Feb, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
301
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
255

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.