Please register or login to continue

Register Login

take flight (epilogue pt. 2)
take flight (epilogue pt. 2)

take flight (epilogue pt. 2)

Sentimental_creature♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
3 Reviews

Jeremy broke up with Linda soon after he found out the dreadful news. Like most of the girls at his school, she was just looking for a quick hook-up and he was in her line of sight when she thought about it.

He still couldn’t wrap his brain around the fact that Everli Thomas, the girl who had apparently cared so much for him, was dead.

And she was sorry about it?

Jeremy shoved his hands in his pockets, walking down the now empty hallway of his school. He stood at a locker, the locker that once belonged to dear Everli, and opened it.

“I’ve never been able to figure locks out,” Everli had told him when he questioned why she had no lock.

It was full of sticky-notes. Sticky-notes with words like ‘Erlebnisse’ and ‘paracosm’, sticky-notes with phrases, with famous quotes.

And then the doodles.

Everli was a doodler, and did it to concentrate. She could get pretty detailed if she wanted, and she wouldn’t even get scolded by the teacher for drawing on important papers or tests.

There were dozens.

She had found scraps of paper, differing from the plain white, and pieced them together, drawing a different bit on each one, until the dots were connected and it’d be something simply marvelous. Whether it was an intricate bird or a simple smiling person, it never failed to seduce Jeremy.

There was a new one.

It wasn’t finished, only missing one piece, but it was obvious what it was.

Jeremy and Everli, sitting side by side, hand in hand, watching fireworks.

But Jeremy’s face was the only piece missing.

Jeremy put his hand against the empty space, grazing his fingers against the locker’s cold surface. A thought suddenly popped into his head, an idea so sudden, so idiotic, yet so full of hope.

He frantically tore a piece of paper off of a school play poster from almost three years beforehand, which showed how much the school didn’t care. With determination to get some closure, he wrote two words on that piece of paper:

I’m sorry.

He smiled softly at the small slip and pulled a bit of tape from Everli’s tape dispenser, sticking the paper in the empty abyss that would’ve been his face.

“See ya, Everli,” he purred, with a slightly sorrowful tone.

He closed the locker, turned his back, and left the school in tears.

Author Notes: I hope you crazy people know I worked my ass off for this. P.S. I’m not making a part three or anything. I love all of you dorkies and thank you for the tremendous support! I hope you enjoyed Take Flight.

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sentimental_creature
♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
12 Oct, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
400
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,071

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.