Please register or login to continue

Register Login

take flight (part six)
take flight (part six)

take flight (part six)

Sentimental_creature♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
4 Reviews

~She poured her emotions onto paper.~

Everli woke up in a haze, face stained with dried tears. She checked the clock: 7:12. She stood up groggily, shuffling towards her closet and picking her old favorite, a shirt, jeans, and her big gray hoodie, along with some Converse.

Her wrists and arms stung with a fiery sensation.

She sat in her classroom, writing in the little black notebook, hoping that by God’s grace Jeremy would see what she had written. Her teacher asked a question, calling on Everli, even though they both knew what her response would be.

Silence.

Finally, class ended, and she waited for everyone to file out before standing and grabbing her things.

Before walking out the door, she made sure her little black notebook was on Jeremy’s desk.

The rest of the day had come and gone, and eventually it was the end of the day.

“Today,” Everli whispered, hardly audible, “today I will make the world better.” She began ascending the stairs to the roof of her surprisingly towering school. When she arrived to the top, she began slowly making her was to the small rickety bench near the edge of the railing. Everli untied her shoes and tugged them off, setting them neatly on the ground.

She hadn’t noticed she had begun crying until she felt hot tears streaming down her pale cheeks. They weren’t tears of anger, or of sadness, oh no.

They were the first most genuine thing she had ever felt.

With the world’s weight lifted off of her shoulders, she jumped.

Author Notes: It’s FINALLY DONE! I may do an epilogue from everyone else’s POV. If anyone would like it, please comment! :D

Recommend Reviews (4) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sentimental_creature
♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
23 Sep, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
259
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (4 reviews)
Views
2,091

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.