Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Take the Pain Away 3
Take the Pain Away 3

Take the Pain Away 3

Lollipop_56scorp
3 Reviews

He breathed in, leaning closer. And I felt it; my pain, my hurt, my broken pieces disappearing. It was strangely comforting. Then he opened his dark eyes and said "Ava, I would never hurt you. But others wouldn't be so lucky."

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

He was gone.

What?

I felt like the innocent stupid girl in a horror movie and John's clone was the monster.

Sorry to disappoint, but if I hear strange noise coming from the attic, I'm not falling for that shit.

I looked at John. He had his jaw set hard, curiosity and anger swirling in his coal black eyes. I known him for a long time, and I could read his emotions well.

"Why are you mad?"

"..."

"John, why are you mad?"

"Who was that?"

"John. Answer my damn question."

"What was he doing on school campus?"

"JOHN. Why. Are. You. Mad."

He just shook his head and muttered something about unknown twin brothers. I let the subject drop and sighed. But seriously. WHY WAS HE MAD? This is killing me.

The bell rang. So John and I packed up our food and filed into class in tense silence.


I zoomed out of class as fast as I can. John was mad because he was overprotective of me. With two hours of boring Chemistry, I had enough peace and quiet to figure it out.

Now, the million dollar question, why?

We are simple friends, as I said before.

Sometimes we play with each other's loose screws, but besides that, nothing else. We tease each other, and our friendship is quite unbreakable by now.

I ran out of class, my dark curls sweeping out of my eyes. But I was not a marathon runner. I was a swimmer and a dancer, and John was soccer player and he was in the track and field.

So, of course, Life decided to hate me and John easily caught up. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't know why. "Whoa, Ava, slow down-" I shook his head and boosted. I ran a bit faster.

John sighed and cut right in front of me. I skidded to a stop, but to late. I bumped into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "Slow down." he repeated.

My breath caught in my throat as I shook off his arms. "Why were you mad?" I asked, curls in my face. He threw his arms in the air with an experated look on face. "Why are you so obsessed with that?"

"Why won't answer?"

"Why do you keep asking?"

"We tell everythting to each other. Why aren't you answering?"

He sighed. "Let's cut the chase short, alright?" He rubbed his face, looking old. "I like you, ok? Happy?" He looked straight into my eyes. I inhaled slowly.

Awkward.

"Um..." I muttered. I frowned, unsure what to say. "Me too..." I blushed and walked past him.

This is the definition of "Awkward, cheesy, this-should-be-some-cheesy-movie" moment.

...

I'll just stick to "awkward".


Monday.

Stupid, stupid, Monday.

Please spare me.

As I walked to school, I wave at John and he stops then waves back. I joined him. He blushed, remembering his confession on Friday. I tried to not thinking about it. "Hi." I said casually. "Hey."

Silence.

"You know, that guys that was staring at me on Friday?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm curious."

"Same."

"..."

"Maybe we can ask him?"

"Ask my stalker? You think he'll show up again?"

"He already did."

"What?" I asked, my eyes wide.

I searched his eyes. He was staring straight ahead. I followed his gaze, and sure enough, there was the same blond twin.

I slowed my pace.

Oh god.

Author Notes: Thanks for reading! XD

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
9 Mar, 2019
Words
610
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,259

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.