Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Take the Pain Away 8 (Math Class, Continued)
Take the Pain Away 8 (Math Class, Continued)

Take the Pain Away 8 (Math Class, Continued)

Lollipop_56scorp
3 Reviews

He breathed in, leaning closer. And I felt it; my pain, my hurt, my broken pieces disappearing. It was strangely comforting. Then he opened his dark eyes and said "Ava, I wouldn't never hurt you. But others wouldn't be so lucky."

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

I'm scared.

I have no idea what Jay wants of me.

He just shows up, punches me then heals me.

Um...ok?

I was thinking this over in Math class.

First of all, how did he heal me? With those magical fingers of his. No idea. Why? Why me? I was something you would call a Triple A battery.

Average face.

Average body.

Average life.

And there, boom, one hella weird dude comes into my life and messes up my mind.

I looked around the room. For the first and last time, I didn't want this class to end. Now, I'm always scared to go outside. Jason might come popping out of nowhere and flirt.

It's been a week since our last encounter, yet it's all I think about.

A girl named Sasha Bann was doodling a sunset behind me. She was as interested in math as I was. But over time, we've come ok friends.

"Hey." I whispered.

She looked up, and gave me a small wave.

Sasha was very logical, and trustwrothy. Even though we weren't very close, we clicked.

"Can I talk to you?" I mouthed at her. She frowned, but nodded.

Nobody would beleieve if I told them some stragner attacked me then healed me with his bare hands. And the fact that he was John's twin did not help at all.

The class dragged on, and when the bell rang, Sasha quickly packed up her things and grabbed my wrist. She dragged me out of class into a small corner of the school campus.

"What is it?" Sasha asked, smoothing down her ripped jeans.

"I..." I didn't know where to start, but I needed to tell someone.

Sasha smirked. "It's alright, Ava. I have something to tell you first."

"Spill." I said, grinning.

"I've been passing notes to a mysterious person."

"Go on..."

"We clicked, Ava. Just like you and me. We both have a weird sense of humor and hate math class. We even like the same type of music and food."

I clasped my hand together. "Do you know who she is?"

"Oh, um, actually it's a guy."

I laughed. "I'm so setting you up."

She pouted, feigning disgust. But I know she clicked, and there's no backing out now.

"Your turn." she teased before I could say anything else.

"Well, I think I have a stalker."

Sasha suddenly seemed alert.

I couldn't stop myself. I spilled the tea. More like I dumped the ice cold drink on Sasha's head. I told her everything.

"You think I'm crazy." is stated, breathless. It wasn't a question.

"No." Sasha shook her head, her aubrun hair almost whipping me. "I saw two blond guys with you on Friday. This is no joke, Ava. I believe you. Call the police."

"And tell them what? Hello, 911, I have this weirdo dude that magically healed me with his hands? Instead of helping me, they will throw me into the nearest asylum."

"Where you belong." Sasha teased as she grinned.

I smiled back. "Fair enough."

"I'm not letting you go there." said a voice behind me.

I inhaled sharply. I knew that voice too well. But I didn't want to.

Vanilla scent. Chiseled jaw. Dark eyes.

You guessed it. Jay.

Author Notes: sorry! This was just a short story to combine the two stories together. More Jay next time, I promise!

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
27 Mar, 2019
Words
584
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,405

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.