Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Shame
Shame

Shame

Lollipop_56scorp
3 Reviews

Shame.

Noun. a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by wrong behavior.

Shame.

Shame when she wears what she wants to. Shame when she shares what she loves even though she knew all along. She knew.

That she would be ashamed. When she’s being who she wants to be.

Shame when he has a boyfriend. Shame when he only has female friends. Shame when he’s wearing pink.

Why, you people? Can you not think? Think that this is who they are, this is something they cannot control? You laugh at them for fun. But did you know that your judging eyes could drive someone pulling the trigger of a gun?

You remember that girl in the back of class? Always with her hair down, her backpack torn open, her forehead red with an open gash? Little do you know, little do you know, that every night, she goes back home, meets her father, and gets harassed?

You remember that boy sitting alone at lunch? That behind the gym, every day after class, he receives a punch?

You remember that girl, who had a big smile on her face? She has memories she could never erase, never replace. But she isn’t here anymore, is she? She jumped in front of a train, stopping everything that the future held for her in place.

You remember, all those people?

Shame.

Noun. A painful feeling that could potentially end lives.

Why do we choose to stand when they chose to fall? Why didn’t you answer their desperate calls?

Look at us now. Look at us.

Shame.

Noun. Something that should have never existed in the first place.

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
10 Feb, 2020
Words
274
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
4.7 (3 reviews)
Views
1,050

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.