Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Tale Of The Brick
The Tale Of The Brick

The Tale Of The Brick

AquariusAquarius

One day, a successful young business man was travelling down one of his neighbourhood streets. He was the proud owner of a new sports car and going too fast, when in the distance he saw some children playing between cars that were parked on either side of the road. Slowing down, he could see no children nearby, but suddenly a brick flew through the air and crashed into the side of his beloved new toy. Slamming on the brakes, he reversed to the spot from which he thought the brick had been thrown.

Angrily, the man jumped onto the pavement and grabbed hold of a boy who was standing there. Pushing him against the car, he shouted: ‘What was that all about and who are you? Just what do you think you are doing? This is a brand new car and damage your brick has caused is going to cost me lots of money to repair. Why did you do it?’

The boy was most apologetic and pleaded: ‘I’m so sorry, mister. I threw the brick because no-one would stop and help me. I didn’t know what else to do.’ With tears rolling down his face and dripping off his chin, he pointed to a spot one of the parked cars. ‘I did it for my brother,’ he said. ‘He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair. On my own I’m not strong enough to lift him.’ Sobbing loudly by now, the boy asked the man: ‘Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He’s hurt and too heavy for me to lift on my own.’

Moved beyond words, the man swallowed a rapidly swelling lump in his throat. Together they hurried to the wheelchair and lifted the handicapped boy back into it. Using his fine linen handkerchief, dabbing at the invalid’s cuts and bruises, the man could see that the boy would be all right.

‘Thank you and may God bless you,’ the lad in charge of the wheelchair gratefully said to the stranger. Too shaken for words, the man nodded and then watched the boy pushing his brother home. Deep in thought and very slowly he walked back to his car. Although the damage was very noticeable, he never bothered to have it repaired. He kept it as a constant reminder of: ‘Don’t go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!’

God, the Great Father/Mother of all life, is alive in all of us. The God part of every human being is the small still voice of conscience that is constantly trying to communicate with us through the world of our feelings and the whisperings of our hearts. Many times we are going too fast down the pathway of our earthly life to pay attention to that which really is important in life and the spiritual value of the lessons we have come to learn. That’s why it sometimes it becomes necessary that the Universal forces bombard us with some kind of a brick, if need be one after the other in the form of accidents or illnesses.

These things are not intended to be punishments, but wake-up calls for slowing us down and creating the space and time that allow us to think and reflect on the true meaning of our life. They want to help us become aware that our present existence is ultimately not about earthly possessions and values, but spiritual ones. Without whatever happens to us at such times, they would remain unnoticed by the side of the road we are travelling as spirits and souls in a material existence. Through our own suffering and observing that of others, who could be worse off than we are and who patiently endure their much heavier cross, the characteristics of our Christ nature of love and compassion for humankind’s suffering are stirring from their slumber.

This is how the Universe in its infinite wisdom and love assists every one us to eventually re-awaken to our true nature and to find a set of eternal values as one of God’s beloved children of the Earth. Each one of us is a precious and unique being and the Great Father/Mother loves us just the way we are. The living proof of this is that the Universe at all times showers us with its gifts, like food to eat and clothes to wear, flowers in spring and new sunrises and sunsets each day. The only thing we have to do is take possession of, enjoy and be thankful for that which is on offer. All the Universe expects from us in return is that we should endeavour to learn something from all our experiences, so that we may evolve and grow in wisdom and understanding of ourselves, each other and our world.

We are all specially gifted in some way. Wise ones, who voluntarily and with loving hearts give of themselves and their gifts, which may have taken many lifetimes to develop, are doing their share of making our world into a more beautiful, harmonious and peaceful world for all. This is how our worthiness as a true son/daughter of God reveals itself to those in charge of us in the spiritual background of our existence.

Our Creator never promised that all humankind’s days should be without pain and that there would be laughter without sorrow and sunshine without rain. But what God can and does give us is renewed courage and strength for each passing day, comfort for our tears, healing for our wounds and the light of Its wisdom and truth to show us the way home into the conscious awareness of our true nature. And whenever one of us is struggling through redeeming their most ancient and heaviest Karmic debts, the Angels and Masters, and our spirit friends and helpers are sure to accompany us and help us work our way through them.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 Aug, 2020
Words
1,009
Read Time
5 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
550

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.