Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Things That Really Matter
The Things That Really Matter

The Things That Really Matter

AquariusAquarius

I grew up in the thirties, forties and fifties and had very practical parents. Everybody was an original recycle queen or king in those days, long before anyone had invented a name for this kind of thing. As a matter of fact, recycling was everybody’s way of life. It certainly was in our house because my father was one of those fortunate ones who could turn his hand to anything, to fix and mend it. Both my parents have been in the world of light for many years, God bless them and keep them safe forever.

I look forward to meeting them again in the not too distant future. What a joy it will be to see them young again, the way they were in their best years in earthly life and because spirit is eternal, time- and ageless, everybody remains like that. Growing old and decaying only exists on the Earth plane. Once more having shed the roles we played in the comedy/drama of our earthly existence, the likelihood is that we did this in several previous lifetimes, once again we are merely beloved children of God. My parents will no longer be husband and wife and we shall not be coming together as mother, father and child. We shall all be sister/brothers and good friends, each pursuing their own line of studies in the spirit realm.

But let’s stay with my early days for a while. Everybody fixed, mended and darned things then, be it curtain rods, radios and oven doors. Hems of dresses were let down or lifted, as the situation demanded. For as long as things were not easy to come by, people kept and treasured them and thought carefully before discarding anything. When things became available again after the war, the Western world grew increasingly wasteful and evolved into one-way-societies.

It seemed that wasting things were signs of affluence and throwing something away was easy, because you could easily get some more. But when my mother left the physical plane of life, I learnt that occasionally there just can’t be any more. Sometimes that which we care about most gets worn out and goes from us, never to return. This led me to the conclusion that, when we have people, animals and things in our lives we treasure, it’s best to love and care for them by trying to fix them when they are broken and healing when they are sick.

This is as true for old garments, appliances and houses, as it is for aging parents and grandparents, partners and other loved ones. We look after and care for them because we love them and that’s what they deserve. And because love is the law of life and the greatest power in the whole of Creation that cannot be destroyed by anything, we can actually keep some of that which we love forever. First in line are our loved ones and friends who have left earthly life behind and gone home into the world of light. Not much needs to change in any of our relationships with the people there, but don’t take my word for it. Just find a quiet space, light a candle, calm the outer mind and listen deep into your heart. You may hear the following message:

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. In truth, there is no death and life consists of absolute and unbroken continuity. On the inner level all is one, and you always have been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation before you. If we both so wish, our relationship can remain the same it always was, and between you and me life can continue to be everything it has meant to us.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if that is what you want. And if you still yearn for me, the death of my physical body is going to present us with many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible before, when we both still dwelled in physicality.’

And do you know something? A long time ago I realised that continuing economic growth and more and more of everything is slowly but surely destroying our planet. Because as aspiring healer and lightworker I want no part in it, for many years I have been living very modestly. When I need something, I save until I can afford items of good quality that will last me a long time and when I no longer have any need for them, they can be recycled by passing them on to someone else. To my mind the main thing that truly matters is not only the survival of our beloved home planet, but its healing and recovery from the strain of having hosted us, humankind.

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
22 Aug, 2020
Words
876
Read Time
4 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
611

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.