Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Web Of Life
The Web Of Life

The Web Of Life

AquariusAquarius

The Higher Purpose Of Suffering – Part Three

The Web Of Life

To paraphrase Chief Settle of the Duwamish tribe: ‘The Earth does not belong to humankind. We belong to the Earth. On the inner level of life everything is one and connected like the blood we all have in common. We did not weave the web of life and every one of us is merely a strand of it. Whatever we do to any part of the web we are doing to ourselves.’ Each one of us has their own web within the great one to attend to. We ourselves are the spiders who, one lifetime after another, are busily occupied with the weaving the web of their own life.

If it’s deception and lies we weave into it, that’s what we are going to find in common lifetimes, until our consciousness has been cleansed of this characteristic which is part of the lower unevolved part of our being. Those who are persecuting someone in this lifetime have to spend future ones being persecuted. If we are deceitful and corrupt in one of our lifetimes, that’s what we attract into our life in a future one, maybe several. Even though the weaving of the web is a highly complex and complicated activity, thanks to God’s Universal laws it runs with great precision and functions on such simple principles. That is not surprising when one considers that the great web of life, as well as every small one within it, was designed by God, the Great Architect of the whole of Creation, and the Angelic hierarchy His/Her helpers.

Life always has been and forever will be our teacher and every one of us can only learn through their own experiences. It is for this purpose that at first we find ourselves on the giving end of mental, spiritual and physical pain and anguish and later on the receiving end. As a result, when in the end we have learnt what it’s like to suffer, we do all we can to avoid hurting and harming anyone and anything. We do this because we are now aware that every human being, without exception, is a spark of the Divine who contains all the powers and characteristics that are in our Creator, the Great Father/Mother of all life.

From the lowest to the highest, everything is part of God and belongs to God. Every character trace of the Highest is present in each one of us. We all contain the greatest evil as well as the highest and noblest qualities and we are all on the same evolutionary pathway in the school of earthly life. The lessons of this institution take us from working our way through getting to know the meanest drives and urges of humankind’s unrestrained lower nature up to the highest aspect of our being. The end of our curriculum has been reached when the lower parts have been left behind for good and we have evolved into a Christed one in our own right.

The world around us acts like a mirror that reflects back to us what we are within. Sometimes there is someone around us who so annoys and irritates us that we feel like sending them the most poisonous and hateful thoughts we are capable of. Wise ones refuse to do this because they know that such feelings are but signals from their spirit/soul that what they are seeing in the other person are their own unpleasant character traces that are waiting to be attended to. This knowledge protects them against projecting their own nastiness onto those around them; they prefer to go within and own up to what is there.

Even though such things are invisible on the surface of our earthly nature, our inner self’s reactions reveals that they are there. It’s then up to us to forgive ourselves for having behaved like that in the past. Love for ourselves and forgiveness for what we must have been through in previous lifetimes releases the disturbing energies from our inner consciousness. Hand in hand with God and the Angels they can then be uplifted and transmuted into blessing and healing ones for our spirit/soul. When this part heals, our outer being also comes right. From then onwards, each time we observe in others the behaviour that once so irritated and annoyed us, it no longer bothers us. We may just think to ourselves: ‘Oh yes, I have been there. I am sending you a loving and understanding thought in the hope that it will help you to overcome this part of you, too.’ And that, dear Friends, is by no means the end of it, as you can see from the next chapter.

Praying for younger and less experienced spirit/souls, after all they are our siblings in the family of humankind, benefits their spiritual development and also our own. All prayers are heard, it’s just that sometimes the answer – for karmic reasons – has to be ‘no’. Ours being a reasonable and justified request, it will be responded to in keeping with the recipient’s present life lessons. Besides, whenever we are praying we are tuning into the frequencies of the Highest Forces of life. This increases the flow of light into our own aura as well as of the people for whom we are praying.

God and the Angels gave our world the knowledge of the law of Karma through the Buddha legend. The story of his life is about a prince by the name of Siddhartha Gautama, who later became known as Buddha, which means the enlightened or awakened one. He is believed to have lived in Nepal during the 6th to 4th century BC. The legend tells us that he meditated under a Banyan tree to find the answer to the question why there is so much suffering in our world. During this session it came to him that we ourselves are its cause and that it is in everybody’s own hands to take responsibility and do their share of changing this sad state of affairs.

In the Hindu religion the Boddhi tree represents the tree of life. The Buddha being as much a legendary figure as the Master Jesus, it is not surprising that the tales about the length of time he sat in meditation and also the type of tree where this took place vary considerably. The legend of the tree states that after having become enlightened, the Buddha stayed under it as well as others for seven more weeks of meditating and learning how to master his sensual nature. However, the accounts of these seven weeks do not always exactly match in some details such as timing. It seems likely to me that the seven weeks are more of an allegory, a symbolism for an indefinite length of time, similar to the forty days and nights Jesus is said to have spent in the desert.

Because Buddhism lacks the concept of God as its central point many do not think of it as a religion but a philosophy of life. Isn’t it astonishing how, without saying so in as many words, the Buddha legend was placing humankind – approx. 2,500 years ahead of its time – in the role of the Creator. Now that the age of truth is with us, it emerges with ever greater clarity that each and every one of us really is a young God in the making.

None of the religions of our world on its own ever made much sense. Yet, as soon as one treats each one like a piece of a giant jigsaw puzzle and joins them together, the picture of the religion of the new age emerges. Just like the Sun in the sky above us rises in the East and sets in the West, the Sun rays of God’s sacred wisdom and truth once rose in the ancient civilisations of the East. Through the Middle East, beginning with Egypt, they reached our Western world, where the light of God’s Sun is in the process of setting in great splendour and glory. I believe it could not have happened any other way.

Last but not least, here is a spot of wisdom from the Buddha legend: ‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it somewhere. Even if it is spoken and rumoured by many or you have found it written in the religious books of your world or you received it from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find, after careful observation and analysis, that something agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to your good and the benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it. In this way alone can it become your spiritual property that no-one will ever be able to take away from you.’

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 May, 2019
Words
1,489
Read Time
7 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
936

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.