Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Thunder Always Follows Lighting
Thunder Always Follows Lighting

Thunder Always Follows Lighting

aspen-fayeAspen-Faye
2 Reviews

It was 5:00 in the morning when a huge thunderstorm hit. It was the biggest one that the people of Warhawk had ever seen. That is, if you were awake, which was almost inevitable as the flashes of lightning frequently turned night into daylight and the thunder could overpower any bellowing snore.

Nevertheless, that night, the storm took down three buildings by setting fire to one which quickly spread to neighboring structures, including countless trees and cars.

"MOOOOOM!" wailed Faye as another lightning strike hit the ground, causing a burst of light to go through her unicorn curtains, filling up her room with disarranged unicorn shadows. Her mother rushed to the scene just in time before a huge boom of thunder rattled all of the pictures on the wall, shaking them so much that a few even fell off.

"What is it darling?" Faye's mother said in a calming voice while holding back her own anxiety.

"Are we going to die here?" I quivered.

"No." mother said reassuringly.

"I'm scared."

"I am too."

"Is this an earthquake?"

"No, just a thunderstorm. Just a really, really big storm. That's all."

"I love you, Mommy!"

"I love you too."

Just as Faye's mother was about to sit on the bed and cuddle her daughter, an enormous lighting bolt struck right outside of the window. So powerful was this bolt of lightning that it caused a still-singeing hole in the ground.

No matter what, thunder always follows lighting. And boy, did that rule come into play when the thunder furiously shook the house so much that it caused the house to partially cave in where her mother was sat.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" cried Faye as waterfalls of hot tears fell down her face while looking at the pile of broken boards covering her mother.

After some time, an ambulance wailed as it drove down the street, but it was no use. The rain fell as I tried to cover up the inevitable pain. No amount of rain will be enough to wash away this kind of pain. It could not wash away this child's tears.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
aspen-faye
Aspen-Faye
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
10 Mar, 2017
Words
349
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
4.0 (2 reviews)
Views
2,968

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.