Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Walking on Water
Walking on Water

Walking on Water

AquariusAquarius

Learning To Fly – Part Twelve

Walking On Water

On the road to growing spiritual wings and learning to fly on them, one of the most essentials skills to develop is the controlling of our emotions. The following parable is a metaphor for this process and the benefits it brings to aspiring healers and lightbringers:

The Bible in St Matthew 13:22-33 tells us: ‘Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and asked them to go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After this had been done, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone and the boat, already a considerable distance from land, was buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him doing this, they were terrified. ‘It’s a ghost,’ they said and cried out in fear.

‘But Jesus said to them: ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’ ‘Lord, if it’s you,’ Peter replied: ‘tell me to come to you on the water.’ ‘Come,’ Jesus said. So Peter got out of the boat, walked on the water and came towards Jesus. But when he felt the wind, he was so frightened that he began to sink and cried: ‘Lord, save me!’

‘Jesus reached for his hand and caught him. ‘You of little faith,’ he said. ‘Why did you doubt?’ And when they climbed into the boat, the wind had died down. Those in the boat worshiped him and said: ‘Truly, you are the Son of God.’’

As we know by now, the purpose of all life, not only on the Earth, is evolution. The ultimate object of all lifetimes spent on the physical plane for every human being is to evolve into spiritual Mastership. This is done through learning to master all parts of it. To help us move forwards and upwards on this pathway, the Angels gave us the Jesus legend. Many parts of it are demonstrations of how a true spiritual Master needs to behave. The first step on the road to Mastership is taking good care of the vehicle we are living in, our physical body. This needs to be extended to the whole of our home planet, which was given into our race’s safekeeping.

Achieving mastery over the physical plane means being in full control of every aspect of our being, mind, body, spirit and soul. The Master walking on water is an allegory for mastering the world of our emotions, symbolised by water. When emotional storms threaten to rise within us, we need to take charge of our feelings and will them to calm down. That’s what walking on water truly means. As soon as this part of our nature has been mastered, we too shall be able to walk on the water of our emotions, i.e. rise above the feeling world of our small frightened earthly self, whenever the need for it arises.

However, great heroic deeds are not always necessary on the spiritual pathway. Living a good life in itself gradually expands our consciousness and allows the Lords of Karma to offer us opportunities for ministering to those around us. But there is always the need to apply wisdom and discrimination to the service we are giving. Ministering to others is the outer manifestation of a meditation that’s going on deep within us. Any kind of meditation is an inward communion with and awareness of the spiritual spheres and a strong spiritual light radiates from those who are serving their fellow beings, even if only in the simplest of ways.

And as nothing in the whole of Creation is ever wasted, each time one of us hands their physical body back to the Earth, its components are recycled down to the last cell and atom. They contain the consciousness of the one who has parted from this plane of life. In this way they become part of the Earth and that’s how, with even the smallest evolutionary steps one of us takes forwards and upwards, Mother Earth does the same.

Even the least evolved human beings upon their return into the world of spirit cannot help noticing that in truth they are spirit and soul, eternal and immortal beings of light. Once more we then know from first hand experience that at the end of each lifetime every one of us, without exception, returns to this world, our true home, to rest and recuperate from the trials and tribulations of their earthly existence. The freedom we enjoy there may well feel like heavenly bliss, but Heaven itself – the final oneness with God – it is not.

As mentioned earlier, nobody suddenly turns into an Angel at the time of leaving physical life and no-one goes straight to Heaven. The character traces we have developed in earthly life, for good as well as for ill, we take with us into the world of light. The degree of spiritual awareness we have reached each time we pass over is also ours to keep. These things accompany us into our next lifetime and unless we change them some more in our next one, they will be with us forever.

Apart from leaving our physical body behind nothing changes at the moment of death. The earthly personality we have developed so far is the one we shall have to grapple with in our next lifetime. And what we can hope to find on the other side depends on the quality of life we have been leading here; something very similar awaits us in the beyond. Any wisdom we have found thus far is also ours to keep forever. We bring it with us into all subsequent lifetimes, so it can support us and make life easier to cope with when we enter into lessons of a different kind. Can you see the importance and urgency of working on the improvement of our character while we are here?

When we have arrived in the world of light, we can see for ourselves that we are not earthlings at all, but spirits and souls who from time to time go through another earthly experience. Being aware of our true nature again, our spiritual vision quite naturally is clearer and more expansive. Once again we become aware that the spirit world is but a higher dimension of earthly life. It gradually becomes invisible to our perception with our entry into yet another physical body. There is no more to it than that.

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
22 Oct, 2018
Words
1,108
Read Time
5 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
991

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.