Please register or login to continue

Register Login

What Happens When Someone Dies?
What Happens When Someone Dies?

What Happens When Someone Dies?

AquariusAquarius

What Happens When Someone Dies?

For quite some time we and our world have been waking up from the illusion and false belief that earthly life is a one-off thing and our present existence is all there is to life. Ever more knowledge is flowing from the highest levels of life into the consciousness of our world that every human being, without exception, is a spark of the Spirit of the Universal Christ, the Light of all lights and Sun of all suns. Like God, the essence of our being is spirit and soul and like God they are eternal and immortal. With this the time has come for shedding our fears of the unknown and in particular of death. To help us do this the loving hands of God and the Angels, as well as those of wise teachers and guides from our other world are reaching out to each one of us.

The White Eagle group of spirit guides is part of that world and the following is the essence of two of their teachings. The first one is: ‘It may strengthen and comfort you to know that not one of you treads the path of life alone. From the moment of birth until physical death, you are guarded by Angels who have been appointed to carry out this task. Humankind has always walked the Earth with Angels. The human race, whether it knows it or not, lives through the Ages under the guardianship of God’s Angels.’

The second one appeared in the Lodge’s Calendar November 2006: ‘Only a thin veil divides you from those who have passed into our world. These people are by no means dead. They are very much alive and no different from the way they were when you knew them in earthly life. The main difference between then and now, for them, is that they no longer need a physical body for getting around and that they are much happier without it.

‘Think of your loved ones in a world where peace, love and happiness rule supreme. Without being consciously aware of it, this is the state every one of you in earthly life for a long time seeks in vain. But eventually you need to learn how to, at least occasionally in prayers, meditations and quiet reflection, detach yourself from the toil and strife of your physical existence. All of you have to learn how to find a degree of happiness and peace with your Highest or God Self. This is particularly easy whilst listening to music that soothes and calms your whole being and with your mind’s eye perceiving the golden world of God.’

* * *

To The Ones I Love And Who Love Me

When I’ve departed from earthly life,
Release me and let me go.
You and I, we both have many things to see and do.
Do not tie yourself to me with tears.
I gave you my love and you will never guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you have shown,
But now it’s time for me to travel on – alone.

So, weep a while, if grieve you must.
Though not for me, only for yourself and
For the hole my passing has created in your life.
But then let your grief be comforted by trust
And the knowledge that
It’s only for a while that part we must.
Bless the memories your carry in your heart.
It knows that no love is ever lost.
Life is eternal – it goes on and on,
Not just for you and me, but everybody.

You and I are now closer than we have ever been
And I’ll never be further from you than a thought,
So whenever you need me, call and I’ll come near.
Although you can neither see nor touch me now,
I have not gone from you
And when you pay attention to your heart,
You’ll feel my love there soft and clear.

And then, one fine day –
When you are coming this way alone,
I shall be waiting to greet you.
With a smile I’ll welcome you home.

Fr. Pat Lennon
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Death Where Is Thy Sting?

Many are aware by now that we are eternal beings who cannot die and that therefore there truly is no death. Yet, to say: ‘Death is nothing!’ would belittle its significance. What is perceived by earthlings as death, when someone departs from this plane, is but a transformation and initiation into a different state of life, which every soul has to undergo at the end of each lifetime. I believe that eventually everybody will reach the level of awareness where they can accept that this is so. That’s how we shall save ourselves and our world a great deal of suffering and pain. You don’t have to take my word for it that this is true. How about trying the following for yourself?

Find a quiet space where you can be sure that no-one will disturb you for a reasonable length of time. The best and safest way of doing this is by first asking your Guardian Angel to stand by you, to guide and protect you and show you how to go about it. Then make yourself as comfortable as you can, light a candle, look into its flame, centre yourself by listening to the sound of your breathing until your whole being has become still. When you feel good and ready, imagine that your loved one is drawing close and wishes to communicate with you. Focus on your heart centre and listen to the words and feelings that may come from there.

Protected by your Guardian Angel, you rest securely in the knowledge that they will not represent messages from some ‘other world out there somewhere’ but that they really are from your own heart, where your loved now dwells. Slowly start reading from the following paragraph. Don’t think about the words or evaluate them, but focus your attention on the world of your feelings and the responses of your heart, for they are your inner guidance. This is what your loved one wishes to tell you:

‘I have not gone from you. I have merely slipped onto a different level of life. It’s very much like going into another room because all you do is withdraw from the outer plane of life and slip into its inner level, the spirit world. That’s where all human beings go when they leave their physical bodies behind. The spirit world is not a place ‘up there’ somewhere. It is an integral part of earthly life and on its innermost level dwells the Universal intelligence known as God. This is the source and wellspring of all life, from which we all once emerged and to which each one of us in the fullness of time will return. Every step on our evolutionary journey takes us closer to this goal.

‘Although I no longer dwell on the earthly plane, I am still myself and you are you. We always shall be. And because the essence of our being is eternal and immortal, it is impossible for us to die. I assure you I have not died. If anything, I am more alive now than I ever was before because I am once more fully aware of the most important part of me, my spirit and soul. You will find the same when you join me, one of these days. As far as I am concerned, whatever we have ever been to each other, that’s what we still are.

‘There is no need for our love to die because of my departure. The infinite wisdom of the Divine has provided that, on the contrary, through the experience of death human love grows stronger, deeper and purer, if the souls involved so wish. To help this along, I ask you to call me by my old familiar names. Let them be the well-known words they always were and say them without effort. Speak to me the easy way you used to do and let there be no difference in the sound of your voice. And don’t put on a forced air of solemnity or sorrow, but enjoy the jokes that made us laugh and express your amusement the way we always did together. Play with me and smile at me. Think of me and pray for me the way you always did. Never doubt for a moment that I can hear you, that I feel your love and that I shall always be with you, wherever you may have to go.

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. Life is an absolute and unbroken continuity and in truth there is no death. On the inner level all is one and there you have always been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation ahead of you. Our relationship can remain the same it always was and between you and me life can continue to be everything it ever meant to us, if that’s what we both wish and I most certainly do.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you want it to be that way. But if you still yearn for me, the way I long for you, the death of my physical body will offer many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible before. I shall be alive in your heart, for as long as you want me to be there. That’s where you can find me and be with me, whenever you want to.

‘Thought is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation and I shall never be further away from you than a thought. This is how you can get in touch with me whenever you want. It’s as simple as that. I shall always listen when you need me and when you call me, and I will do my best to help and guide you. But in spite of all that, never forget that you and I now each have different lessons to attend to – you in the material world, and I in the world of light.

‘Therefore, let’s make sure that we give each other the necessary space and time, so that when we do meet we can come closer to each other than we ever did before for the sharing of precious moments, just like we used to do. Because all life rests safely in God’s loving hands, including yours and mine, all is well and that will not change. God and the Angels are constantly with you and me. And I forever will be I and you in all Eternity shall remain you. And I shall never forget you and stop loving you.’

The lower earthly mind is the only thing that separates us in this world from that of the spirit, our true home. But as soon as we approach it with nothing but love and gratitude in our hearts for the support our spirit helpers have always been giving us, our own clairvoyance and clairaudience begins to develop. Feeling the need to humbly stand or kneel before humankind’s spirit friends to receive the gift of the knowledge they are bringing on behalf of all humankind, signals our readiness to serve them and unselfishly act as one of their channels, so it can be brought to all who are in need of it in earthly life. It then does not take long until we realise that none of us ever stops being at one with the spirit world and all who are dwelling there now, not merely our loved ones.

* * *

The Prophet – On Death

Then Almitra spoke and said: ‘We would ask now of death.’
And the Prophet replied:
‘You can only begin to understand the secrets of death
When you know that first and foremost you are a spirit and soul,
And start to look for them in the heart of life itself.
You will then become aware that in truth there is no death,
Only transformations when each one of you,
Time and again at the end of yet another lifetime,
Returns into another state of consciousness.

Birds are messenger of the world of spirit or light,
Your true home, from where you once came
And to which you return at the end of every earthly lifetime.
You have been granted the gift of another sojourn on the earthly plane,
So that you may grow in wisdom and understanding,
And with the passing of time evolve into
A seeker of God’s wisdom and truth, a human owl.

On the Earth owls represent symbols of wisdom,
But there are two types of these birds.
In the early stages of your education in the school of earthly life
You are like one of those who can only fly and hunt at night,
Because their eyesight is very poor in daylight.
However, as you proceed on your evolutionary pathway
That in the end takes you back into
The conscious awareness of your true nature and
Your oneness with God and all life,
You become ever more evolved and gradually grow into
A likeness of the second type of owl, who can see
Equally well by day and night.

Because you are constantly learning something from your experiences,
You are growing wiser all the time, until eventually there
Comes a moment when you discover that you are beginning
To find what you are looking for as well in the darkness of Earth life,
As you do on the other side of the veil of consciousness.
In the past this separated your two worlds like a curtain as much for you,
As it does to this day for many of your siblings in the human family,
While for you it is ever more disappearing.

For as long as you remained trapped in the initial darkness
Of the dungeon of the ignorance of an earthly existence,
And remained ensnared by the belief that this state
Was your only reality and that this was all there is to life,
You could not see beyond the end of your nose
And it was impossible for you to perceive
The vast horizons of the higher and highest dimensions of life.
For as long as you stayed on that evolutionary level,
You found it hard to grasp and unveil
The mysteries of life and death, darkness and light.

To enable you to understand the spirit of death,
The Divine spark in you first had to awaken,
So that your heart could open wide unto all other aspects of life,
Until finally you grasped that in truth
Life and death are one,
The same as a river and the sea,
Into which it pours itself, are one.

Your Creator deeply and permanently imprinted
The silent knowledge of the higher and highest aspects
Of life, your true home, into the memories of your soul.
From there they continue to surface in your hopes and dreams
In a longing and yearning for the world you once came from,
With none of the trouble and strife of Earth’s harsh environment.
Such dreams lead you to your highest aspirations.
Nurture and care for them, so they can light your way home.
Like a seed that patiently waits beneath the snow
For the arrival of spring, your soul has never given up the
Hope of one day returning into that existence.
Trust these dreams, for they are the key that
In due course will unlock the gates of Eternity for you.

And what about your fear of death?
It can be likened to the trembling of a shepherd,
Who stands before his King, waiting that he should lay
His hand upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling,
Although he knows that he will soon be wearing his King’s mark?
But even so, before the event he is more mindful of his trembling
Than of the gift that awaits him.
And what is ceasing to breathe the air of the Earth,
But the freeing of your soul from this planet’s restless emotional tides,
So that it may rise, expand and seek God unencumbered
By a physical body and the concerns of Earth life?

Only when you drink from the river of the silence of
The world of light, your soul truly sings.
And only when you reach the top of the spiritual mountain
The real ascent begins.
And only when your physical body has been returned
To Mother Earth, to which it belongs,
Will you once more know for sure
What your role in the great dance of life has been all along.

As one of God’s beloved children of the Earth,
You are a spark of the Divine,
An immortal being who has all Eternity to look forward to,
Filled with ever more new explorations and fresh learning,
Safely guided and protected by God and the Angels.
Whether you believe in them or not, at any given time,
They will forever be around you, with you and part of you.

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
Lebanese/American poet
Edited by Aquarius

* * *
Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not dead. I’m not asleep.
Having left the prison of my physical body,
Once more I am all spirit and free.
Again I am fully aware of my
Oneness with God and all life,
And that I have always been

In a thousand winds that blow.
In softly falling snow.
In gentle showers of rain.
In fields of ripening grain.
In every morning’s hush
And in the graceful rush
Of birds in circling flight.

In the star shine of every night.
The flowers that bloom.
In the quiet of a room.
In the birds that sing.
And in every other lovely thing.
Look for me in them and
Don’t stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Frye
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

The Four Friends

Once upon a time there lived a woman who was fortunate enough to have four friends. She loved each one of them, but most of all the first one, whom she equipped with rich robes and treated to the finest of delicacies. Nothing but the best was ever enough for this friend.

But the woman also loved her second friend very much and showed her off at every opportunity. Yet, a niggling fear always plagued her that one day this friend would leave her.

The woman loved the third friend, too. This one was her always kind, considerate and patient confidant. Whenever she encountered problems and had to work her way through difficult times, she would confide in this friend and ask her for her assistance, which was never denied.

The fourth friend was a very loyal partner who at all times was making great contributions to everything in the woman’s life, but if the truth were to be known, she did not love her like her other friends. This one was deeply devoted to her, although she hardly ever took any notice of her when her other companions were present.

One day, the woman became seriously ill and she realised that her time on the Earth plane was rapidly approaching its end. Reflecting on the luxurious life she had led, she sadly came to the conclusion: ‘I have four friends, but when I die I shall have to leave them behind. Almost certainly I will have to make the journey ahead alone, without even knowing what is going to happen to me.’

And so the woman decided to bring her sad news to her friends. She went to the first, second and third one and asked them whether they would accompany her. Each time she got the same reply: ‘Sorry, dearest, but when you depart from this plane, I will have to go my own way.’

‘Oh, you faithless ones,’ the woman sobbed and fled into the wide open arms of her fourth friend. To her dismay the woman found that this one had almost completely withered away, looking as if she had suffered from malnutrition and neglect and was in need of comfort herself. Feeling sorry for her, the woman exclaimed: ‘You poor thing! What’s happened to you? Who has done this to you? I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance! Now I will never be able to do it because I am soon going to depart from this plane of life. Looking the way you do, might you like to accompany me?’

The friend’s voice sounded as kind and loving as ever when she replied: ‘I will go with you. I will follow you wherever you go. Now that you are preparing to leave behind earthly life, we can take care of, nurture and get to know each other again.’

Deeply touched by these words, the woman replied: ‘Truly, you are the greatest love of my life, oh faithful one. I am so sorry I almost forgot about and overlooked you in the past. Can you forgive me? Will you show me how to repair the damage I have done to you? I am so afraid of what is ahead of me. Will you help me and show me the way?’

The friend smiled and said: ‘Oh yes, I will. There’s no need to be frightened of where you are going. It’s the world of spirit or light, your true home where you belong. You know it well enough and will instantly recognise it when we arrive. You’ll see and don’t fret over leaving your earthly family and friends behind. You will be able to welcome them, when their time for returning to your other world has come.’

* * *

The four friends are metaphors and the first one stands for our physical body, the outer vehicle we need for each time we are reborn into yet another lifetime on the Earth. No matter how much time and effort we lavish on making our body look and feel good, it belongs to Mother Earth and has to be left behind when our earthly self says good-bye to her and leaves her behind.

The second friend represents our earthly possessions, status and wealth. What applies to our physical body is valid for them. None of them can be taken when we are leaving our present existence behind. The only thing that truly belongs to us is our consciousness and the increase in wisdom and understanding we have gained from the experiences of the lifetime we are leaving behind, which has been added to that of all previous ones. They are ours to keep and we take them with us into future lifetimes and eventually into Eternity.

The third friend represents family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the farthest they can accompany us in earthly life is to our funeral. Yet, by the time this is taking place we shall already be resting and recuperating in the world of light, nurtured and cared for by the ministering Angels. The only way our loved ones can get in touch with us at this stage of our development and theirs is by thought communications.

The fourth and most important friend is a metaphor for our spirit and soul. Although we frequently neglect this aspect of our being in pursuit of earthly wealth, power and the rest of earthly pleasures, they alone are with us wherever life may take us and that forever. So, let’s make an effort to cultivate, strengthen and cherish them as much as we can while we are in this existence, for they are the most precious and noble part of our being and the only one that is going to be with us forever. The soul is the soft and sensitive feminine counterpart of our spirit, our feeling side. Our spirit is eternal and immortal. It was never born on the Earth plane and therefore cannot die.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Where Are Our Loved Ones?

Sometimes one cannot help wondering what happens if our loved ones, who have gone to the world of light before us, decide that for them the time for another incarnation on the Earth plane has come. Shall we notice any difference in our communications with them when we try to meditate on their presence as if they were still in the realm of light and Angels, although in truth they have left.

Let’s not create obstacles in our minds where in truth there aren’t any. If a spirit and soul has left the world of light for another reincarnation onto the Earth plane, it may no longer be possible to get a connection with them on the same frequency. But because the biggest part of us is our Highest Self, who is always wherever its earthly counterpart is, we still connect and don’t notice any difference. In the final analysis, does it really matter where the loved ones are, whenever they are not within our physical reach? If our inner connection with them is one of love and respect for each other, this has created a bond between us that cannot be destroyed or disrupted by anything – it never ceases.

Because on the inner level all life is one and we are connected with each other in any case, being an individual in our present existence is an essential part of the illusions of Earth life. We were created this way so that we should be able to recognise that each one of us is an individual and unique spirit and soul, unlike any other in the whole of Creation. But on the inner level of life the other one’s spirit is part of ours – and so is everybody else’s. That is why we are told by the wise ones in charge of us that what is done for one is done for all, i.e. when we are hurting someone we are causing pain to the whole of life and ultimately to ourselves. And when we are making good the damage we once did and are healing, all life and lifeforms are doing the same.

* * *

Where Are You?

Who can say for certain?
Maybe you’re still here.
I feel you all around me.
Your memory’s so clear.

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak.
You’re still an inspiration.
Can it be that you are mine forever, love,
And you are watching over me from up above?

Fly me up to where you are,
Beyond the distant star I wish upon tonight,
To see you smile.
If only for a while to know you’re there,
A breath away’s not far to where you are.

Are you gently sleeping,
Here inside my dream?
And isn’t faith believing?
All power can’t be seen.

As my heart holds you,
Just one beat away,
I cherish all you gave me, every day.
‘Cause you are mine forever, love,
Watching me from up above.

And I believe that Angels breathe,
And that love will live on and never leave.

Fly me up to where you are,
Beyond the distant star I wish upon tonight,
To see you smile, if only for a while.
To know you’re there.
A breath away’s not far to where you are

Josh Groban

* * *

Hope

What do optimists do?
They hope! But what is hope?
It is not the closing of one’s eyes to
Difficulties, risks or failures.

Hope is an inner trusting that:
If we fail now, we shall not do so forever.
If we make mistakes,
We shall learn something from them
And if we get hurt, we shall be healed.

Hope is an inner knowingness that:
Life is good.
Love is all-powerful.
It can heal, mend and resolve everything,
Even the most difficult situations and relationships.

Hope is one of the Universe’s finest gifts.
It enables us to trust that in truth
The moment of physical death is not an ending,
But a new beginning and a release into
The greater freedom of our true home,
The world of light,
Where those who have gone before us
Are waiting to welcome us.

* * *

The Sailing Ship – An Allegory

Imagine in your mind’s eye, if you will, a sailing ship. After a long break on dry land it is getting ready to once again enter into the freedom of the high seas. The ship shows great beauty and strength, as it joyfully opens its snowy white sails and offers them to the morning sunshine and the breeze. You are one of those left behind at the shore. Sadly, you watch the ship’s departure until you can see no more of it than a speck of white cloud on the horizon where the ocean meets the sky. A mournful voice close by says: ‘Ah, it’s gone!’

During the coming days, you keep wondering to yourself: ‘Where did the ship go?’ Finally, you come to the conclusion that this does not really matter because you know that wherever it may be now, it will still be as beautiful as it ever was, and that its mast and hull will be just as strong as when it left your shore. At that moment, as if in a dream, you sense a voice calling to you from some distant shore: ‘It’s arrived safely. It’s here!’

The death of the physical body is similar. Nothing changes, we remain the same one we always were. Our feelings and desires remain unchanged. All we have done is shedding our outer shell like a worn out overcoat. Eternity is here and now and everywhere. Each moment we spend on the Earth plane and all other worlds is an integral part of Eternity. Any loss on our present level of life is the spirit world’s gain. On the other side of the veil of consciousness each death in our world is always a happy event, because one of us is reborn into the full awareness of their true reality and is therefore coming home. We are eternal beings of light. There is no death and we cannot die. It’s just that from time to time we have to gather our experiences, so that we may learn from them and grow, on different levels of life – that’s all.

Roger Carswell
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

A Lesson Of Value

Do you know what I would do, if I could live my life all over again? I would go to bed when I am sick, instead of pretending the Earth would go to pieces and my family would not survive without me. I would burn my most precious candles before they melted in storage. I would talk less and listen more. I would invite friends to dinner, even if our carpet were stained and our sofa old and faded.

I would take the time to listen to my grandfather ramblings about his youth. I would share more of the responsibilities my husband carries and expect him to be interested in mine. I would not insist that the car windows should be closed on a warm day because my hair had just been done. I would sit on a lawn without minding grass stains. I would laugh and cry less while watching television and more by observing the world around me. I would not buy anything merely because it is practical, does not get dirty too easily or is guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I would cherish every moment and treasure taking part in the miracle inside me. I would be proud to be a woman and feel honoured that one of God’s greatest mysteries was being created through me. I would no longer call my monthly cycle ‘the curse’, because I now know that it is a precious part of the great wisdom without which the wonder and miracle of God’s most beautiful gifts to humankind could not be given. If one of my children wanted to give me a kiss, I would not say: ‘Later. Now get washed and ready for dinner.’ I would use the words ‘I love you’ and ‘I’m sorry’ much more frequently. But mostly, when I come into my next lifetime, I shall seize every minute and take note of what’s happening inside and around me.

I shall not sweat over small things and worry about who does not like me, who has more than I have and who should be doing what. I shall cherish the relationships with those who love me. And I shall reflect frequently on what God has blessed me with and what I can do each day to create good health on all levels of my being, mentally, physically, emotionally and most of all spiritually. I shall treasure the good things of earthly life while I am there, be grateful for them and give thanks to our Father/Mother Creator for all their gifts. I am going to make the most of everything that has been given to me before this lifetime ends.

The above was written when my physical body was dying from cancer. Now that I have been in the world of spirit for some time, my message to you is: ‘Do not be afraid of death. I came to the other side and thought: ‘Why, there is nothing to it. I did not feel anything. Apart from being no longer in pain, I do not feel any different. I am still the same I was in earthly life.’

It’s really beautiful here, too. Everything I loved and treasured on the other side, I also have with me here. All the loved ones that ever left me and even the pets I lost are now with me. Had I known all that, I would not have been afraid of death or even illness. Who knows? Without fear my body may never have developed cancer. And when the Angel comes to take me home, I shall get hold of its hand happily and contentedly, knowing that I shall always be taken care of, wherever my destiny my wish to take me one of these days.

And by the way, do not believe it when anyone says to you that we come into Earth life with nothing and that we leave it in the same state. Take it from me: that is just not true. We are a spirit and soul, we are consciousness and that is what we bring with us into each new lifetime on the Earth. The learning we there draw from all our experiences help our consciousness to grow and expand. At the end of each one of our lifetimes we take with us into Eternity the sum total of everything we have learnt up to that moment. We bring it with us into every next earthly sojourn where it supports and sustains us.

No experience is ever wasted and my advice to you is: look for what you can learn from everything that is in your life. Make an effort to absorb the lessons life sends you, as that is the only way to grow and evolve. Know that everything serves a higher purpose, although it is often quite hard to recognise what that should be, it is always there. And do not forget to give thanks often for the wisdom and love of the Great Father/Mother of all life, our true parents. Thank them for creating you and allowing you to take part in earthly life, so that you may grow and mature into spiritual adulthood.

These are some of the things my most recent earthly lifetime has taught me. In all Eternity the learning I have found shall be mine. Because of it I shall be able to cope much better with earthly life next time round than during all previous occasions. This message is coming to you because I wish to share my learning with those who are still on your side of the veil, in the hope that it will help them in some way. God bless each one of you. See you around in the world of light one of these days.

Your loving sister in spirit,
Erma Bombeck
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Eternity

Eternity is not the hereafter.
Eternity has nothing to do with time.
It is now. This is it!
If you don’t get it here, you won’t get it anywhere.
The experience of Eternity lies in the here and now,
In the rhythms of the processes of life.
Heaven is not the place to experience Eternity,

It is here!

Joseph Campbell

* * *

The Keys To Eternity

Be not anxious for the morrow,
Do not give in to thoughts of sorrow.
Yesterday has come and gone.
Tomorrow may never be born.

Cast out your fears along the way
And learn to be there just for today.
Aware of your immortality,
Walk through earthly life
With love, peace and serenity,
The golden keys to Eternity.

Elizabeth Anderson
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Look Through The Window

Look through the window
And see the light.
Smell the sweet flowers.
See the sky bright.

Shed no more tears
When you feel I have gone.
Love never leaves.
My spirit lives on.

Talk with me often.
Your words will be heard.
I will be by your side,
As swift as a bird.

Love life and laugh.
Together we’ll be
On the right path,
While our spirits fly free.

Nora Richmond

* * *

I Am Free

Don’t grieve for me, because I am free,
Continuing the path our Creator designed for me.
I took the Angel’s hand when I heard its call,
Left earthly life behind and said farewell to all.

I could not stay another day
For loving and laughter, singing and play.
Unfinished tasks will have to stay that way.
I’m exchanging them for the peace
That awaits all of us at the end of our earthly days.

Should my parting in your life leave a void,
Fill it with the memories of shared joys
Like friendship and laughter and also a kiss.
These are the things I too shall miss.

Do not burden yourself with sorrow,
But let the eternal Sun light all your tomorrows.
My life’s been full and I’ve savoured much:
Good friends, fine times and the loving touch.

And if my time with you appeared too brief,
Refuse to stretch it with weeping and grief.
On the wings of sacred God’s wisdom and truth
Lift yourself above the boundaries of earthly life
And in your thoughts share with me
The freedom I found when
The Angel of death set me free.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

When I have reached the end of this lifetime
And Earth’s Sun has set for me,
Forget about rites in gloomy rooms.
Why cry for a soul that is free?

Having escaped the prison of earthly life and pain,
Don’t bury my mortal remains in the ground.
Cremate them and scatter my ashes to the wind,
So my spirit can take to its wings.
You shan’t be able to help missing me,
But nonetheless let me go and set me free.

Miss me a little, but not too much and not for long.
Don’t walk around with your head bowed low,
For the love between us has not changed
And will never leave us.
So miss me, but let me go.

The road I’m travelling we all have to walk.
Hand in hand with the Angels
It’s part of the Great Master’s plan
That each must traverse it alone,
To take us forward on our journey home
Into the oneness with God.

Each time your heart aches with loneliness,
Visit someone who is not afraid of talking about me.
Then forget your woes over helping someone.
You will still miss me, but if you really love me,
Let me go.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Remember Me

Remember me, when I have gone away,
Gone far away, into the silent land,
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turn and stay.

Remember me, when no more, day by day,
You can tell me of our future
That you have planned.
Only remember me.
Then you will understand
That it is too late to cancel or pray.

Yet, if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember,
Do not grieve, for if the darkness and corruption
Leave a vestige of the thoughts that I once had,
Better by far, you should forget and smile
Than to remember and be sad.

Christina Rosetti
1830-1894

She replies from the world of light:

‘After struggling long and hard to let go of my
Physical being and with it leaving behind
The darkness of my earthly ignorance,
I am delighted to tell you that the world
I am living in now is the realm of spirit.
This is humankind’s true home and safe haven
After experiencing the turbulent seas of
Earthly life’s problems and traumas,
Stresses and strains.

‘This world is filled with light and everything
Is of a beauty that does not compare with
Anything on the Earth.
I am well and very much alive,
And enjoying my life here.
When your time for joining me has come
And the Angel of Death calls for you,
Don’t be reluctant to let go.
Reach for its hand and follow without fear.
There truly is nothing to be afraid of here.’

* * *

Yearning For Our True Home

The Wanderer

I come from highlands down to shore,
The valleys steam, the oceans roar.
I wander silent, joyless here:
My sigh keeps asking! ‘Where? Oh, where?’
Their Sun appears to me so cold,
Their blossoms limp, their life so old;
And what they speak of, empty fare:
I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, land, beloved home?
Imagined, sought, but never known!
The land, the land, whence hope does flow,
The land where all my roses grow,

Where friends shall never meet in vain,
Where all my dead shall rise again,
The land that speaks my language true:
Oh land, where are you?

I wander silent, joyless here,
My sigh keeps asking: ‘Where? Oh where?’
The spirits answer my distress:
‘Where you are not, there’s happiness.’

Georg Phillip Schmidt
Translated by Walter A. Aue
Set to music by Franz Schubert

* * *

Returning Loved Ones To God

O Great Father/Mother of all life,
We bring You our dear departed ones
And place them into Your loving hands.
They were not lost to You
When You gave them to us.
In the same way we shall never lose someone
When we let go of them and hand them
Over to You and Your Angels.

You are as much in us as we are in You,
But Your giving is very different from ours.
Whatever you give is not taken away from anyone.
On the inner plane of life all is one and
There is no separation between anything and
Everything that is yours also belongs to us.

The creative power of love is immortal and
Because all life created and given by You is eternal,
Each one of us is Yours forever.
Our physical bodies pass away and turn to dust and ashes,
But the essence of our being will never die.
What our world calls death in truth is but
A passing of our spirit and soul
Into another dimension of life,
Which we, in our present evolutionary state,
Can only imagine.

Sadly, all other worlds are hidden to
The limited perception of our small earthly selves.
Beloved Great Father/Mother,
On the wings of Your sacred wisdom and truth
Help us to raise the consciousness of our world
To an increasing awareness of Your realms.
Open our inner eyes,
So that we too may perceive with ever greater clarity
That the spirit world is our true home
And that all who have passed into it
Are alive and well.
Safe and cared for by Your love,
They are enjoying themselves in the one place
Where everybody is at home and welcome.

Thank You for the knowledge of
Your Universal laws.
By observing their effects on our lives,
You are providing us with living proof that
Everything does return to its source;
That therefore no-one can ever
Get lost in the vastness of Eternity;
And that all life forever rests safely
In Your loving embrace.

Amen

* * *

Choices

We can turn our backs on tomorrow and dwell in the past
Or we can happily welcome tomorrow,
Because we have been sowing the right seeds.
We can shed tears that our loved ones have left us
Or smile and be thankful for the gift of their life.

We can close our eyes and hope that somehow they will return to us
Or open our inner eyes to the higher realities of our true nature
And remind ourselves that, although they are no longer
Taking part in earthly life, they are by no means dead.
They merely moved to a different plane of life,
The spirit world, where they are alive and well.
Having returned to humankind’s true home,
The world of spirit and light, they are
Cared for and looked after better than we ever could.

We can remember those on the other side of the
Veil of consciousness that separates our world from theirs
And become aware that although our loved ones have moved on,
Nothing in our relationship with them needs to change.
This sets us free to cherish the memories of times spent together
And to start looking forward to our reunion in the world of light.

We can cry and close our minds, feeling sad and deserted,
Turning our backs on those who say they have not died.
Or we can do what they surely want from us:
Smile and be happy about whatever shares our earthly life,
Giving it as much love as we can
Whilst getting on with what’s left of our own present lifetime,
Until the moment when the Angel of death
Gently and lovingly also takes us by the hand and says:
‘Let me take you home into the world of light.
Your loved ones are waiting.’

As ever, the choice is ours.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Moving On

As every flower must fade and youth give way to old age,
So all wisdom and virtues may be valid only in their day.
Nothing but our Highest Self stays with us forever.
At life’s calling the small earthly self has to say farewell
And be ready for another new beginning.

Bravely and without sadness fresh learning can be tackled
With the knowledge that in the spiritual background
Of our earthly existence the power of the Unseen,
Even though it is invisible to earthly eyes,
Has always ruled supreme and forever will do so.
This means that wherever our evolutionary pathway
May still wish to take us,
We shall be guided and protected by
The wise ones in charge of us,
Who will encourage us and help us to live.

Knowing that the Earth is not our true home.
Allows our spirit and soul to roam freely and happily
Through space and time,
Without any shadow of a doubt that
The loving arms of the Great Father/Mother of all life
Are surrounding us and keeping us safe.
These parents do not wish to restrict any of
Its children of the Earth and tie them forever
To such a lowly existence,
When quite the opposite is true.

A high and holy destiny awaits each and every one of us.
Step by step the Universe has always been trying to lift us
Beyond the horizons of our understanding.
And whenever someone stays with one particular
Way of living for too long,
Their spirit and soul stagnate and begin to yearn for
Different kinds of learning.
This, however, can only be found
In new adventures and explorations.

The awareness that there really is no death,
That life is eternal and without beginning or end,
Makes it easier to respond to life’s demands,
When our time for moving on
Into different dimensions of life has come.
It turns the hour of our departure from the physical plane of life
Into an occasion of gladness and enjoyment about
Our rebirth into the world of light and
The approach of studies of a more elevated kind.

But even before it comes to this,
The realisation that in truth life’s call
For all human beings will never end
Fills our whole being with good cheer.
It enables us to cheerfully say good-bye,
Whenever the need for it arises.
Having found healing and peace
In the conscious awareness of
Our oneness with God, the Angels and all life,
Willingly and peacefully we shall
Forever move forwards and upwards
On the evolutionary spiral of life.

‘Stufen’ by Hermann Hesse
Freely translated by Aquarius

* * *

Just A Thought Away

There’s a place somewhere,
Where loved ones meet
After leaving the earthly plane.
It’s not some far distant heavenly place,
But on the inner spiritual level of earthly life,
A world that is never
Further away than a thought.

It is a world of warmth and light,
Healing and love, where
Fear and anger, loneliness and pain
Are shed and left behind at the threshold.
When human spirits and souls have rested
And recuperated sufficiently from
The trauma of earthly life,
This is the place from which we eventually
Set off on yet another earthly learning quest
That helps us to grow some more
In wisdom and understanding.

Every time we have attended another round of
Earth life’s tests, trials and tribulations,
We return to this place for rest, comfort and healing.
The ministering Angels
And many other spirit friends and helpers
Are there to attend to our needs.
Wise beyond compare,
Knowing the answers to our questions,
They accompany and advise us.

Once more we have found out
From first hand experience
That there really is no death,
And that all worlds and beings,
Including your loved ones and you,
Always have been and forever will be
Safely enfolded in the loving embrace
Of the Universal Forces.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Afterglow

I would like the memory of me
To be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles when for me Earth life is done.

I’d like to leave an echo
That whispers softly in the breeze,
Of happy laughing and smiling times
On bright and sunlit days.

I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
To be dried by the warmth and love of the Sun
And the happy memories I leave
When my earthly life is done.

Helen Lowrie Marshall
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

If Only

If only time would stand still and
We could go back,

If rainbows could sometimes be black and
Hills wear a veil,

If gaol was release and
Fire did not burn,

If tides did not turn and
You had not died
And stayed forever in earthly life,
Humankind’s higher nature would not exist
And our being make no sense
And be without meaning.

Paul Thompson
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

Longing

I never told you that I loved you.
I never told you that I cared.

I never thought how I loved you.
I never thought I cared.

I barely touched or held you.
I rarely talked to you at all.

I never knew the depth of longing
I would feel after you had gone.

I never knew I’d cry for you.
I never thought you would die.

I didn’t know how much I’d miss you,
For I barely knew you at all.
Please forgive me for not making
An effort to find out who and what
You really are.

O Great Father/Mother of all life,
Please forgive me
And help me to do better with those
Who are still with me,
Be grateful for their presence and
Daily show them how much they mean to me.

Paul Thompson
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

I Would Give Anything I Own

You sheltered me from harm.
You kept me warm.
You kept me warm.
You gave my life to me.
You set me free.
You set me free.
The finest years I ever knew.
Were all the ones I spent with you.

I would give anything I own.
Give up my life and my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again.

You taught me how to love.
And what it’s of,
What it’s of.
You never said too much,
But still you showed the way.
And so I knew
From watching you.
Nobody else can ever know.
The part of me that can’t let go.

I would give anything I own.
Give up my life and my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again.
Just to touch you once again.

Is there someone you know
You’re loving them so,
But taking them all for granted?
You may lose them one day.
Someone takes them away
And they’ll never hear the words you have to say.

I would give anything I own.
Give up my life and my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again.
Everything I own.
My life, my heart, my home.
I’d give everything I own.
My life, my heart, my home.

Every little thing, every little thing –

Just to have you back again.
Just to hold you.

Anderson Rolim

* * *

The Golden Heart

When God saw you getting tired,
A cure was not meant to be found.
The Angel of Death put its arms around you
And whispered: ‘Come with me!’

With tearful eyes we watched
How you were passing away.
Although we loved you deeply,
We saw you weren’t meant to you stay.

Your golden heart stopped beating
And your hands are now at rest.
Our hearts are nearly breaking,
Yet, we accept it’s for your best.

Therese Williamson
Edited by Aquarius

* * *

To Our Loved Ones In Spirit

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
There’s no divide between your world and mine.
Time is forever, no barriers exist,
Except those created by fear and resist.

Love is the solvent that breaks down all blocks.
It is the key that undoes all locks,
So I open my heart to the Highest light
And welcome its rays by day and night.

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
Be still, beloved hearts.
There really is no divide
Between your world and mine.

Jennie Blowers
Edited by Aquarius
Stella Polaris December 2008/January 2009
Magazine of the White Eagle Lodge

* * *

Crossing The Bar

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

* * *

In Memoriam A.H.H.

Thy voice is on the rolling air;
I hear thee where the waters run;
Thou standest in the rising sun,
And in the setting thou art fair.

What art thou then? I cannot guess;
But tho’ I seem in star and flower
To feel thee some diffusive power,
I do not therefore love thee less:

My love involves the love before;
My love is vaster passion now;
Tho’ mix’d with God and Nature thou,
I seem to love thee more and more.

Far off thou art, but ever nigh;
I have thee still, and I rejoice;
I prosper, circled with thy voice;
I shall not lose thee tho’ I die.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

* * *

The Rose

Some say love –
It is a river that runs the tender reed,
Some say love –
It is a razor that leaves the soul to bleed,
Some say love –
It is a hunger, an endless aching need.
I say: ‘Love –
It is a flower and we its only seed.’

It’s the heart
Afraid of breaking that never learns to dance;
It’s the dream
Afraid of waking that never takes a chance;
It’s the one
Who won’t be taken that cannot seem to give;
And the soul
Afraid of dying that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely,
And the road has been too long;
When you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong;
Just remember in the winter –
Far beneath the bitter snows –
Lies the seed that with the Sun’s love,
In the spring, becomes

The Rose.

Amanda McBroom

* * *

The Angel In Disguise

There is nothing I can give you that you have not,
But there is much, so very much that –
While I cannot give it – you can take.
No Heaven can come to us,
Unless our heart finds rest in today: take heaven.
No peace lies in the future
That is not hidden in this moment: take peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow.
Behind it – yet within everybody’s reach – there is joy.
There is a radiance and glory in the darkness,
Could we but see; and to see, we have only to look.
I beseech you to look.

Life is so generous a giver, but we –
Judging its gifts by their covering –
Too often cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard.
Remove the covering and you will find beneath it
The living splendour, woven with the love,
Wisdom and power of the Divine.

Welcome it, grasp it,
And you touch the Angel’s hand
That brings it to you.
Everything we call a tramp, a sorrow or a duty,
Believe me, the Angel’s hand is there.

That gift is there and the wonder of an
Over-shadowing presence
That protects us, is joyous too.
Be not content with these joys,
For they conceal even greater gifts.

And so, at this time, I greet you –
Not quite as the world sends greetings,
But with profound esteem and with a prayer
That for you, now and forever,
The day may break and the shadows flee away.

Fifteenth Century Prayer

* * *

Setting The Captive Spirit Free

The storm and peril overpast,
The hounding hatred shamed and still,
Go, soul of freedom! Take at last
The place which thou alone canst fill.

Confirm the lesson taught of old.
Life saved for self is lost, while they
Who lose it in His service hold
The lease of God’s eternal day.

Not for thyself, but for the slave
Thy words of thunder shook the world.
No selfish grieves or hatred gave
The strength wherewith thy bolts were hurled.

From lips that Sinai’s trumpet blew
We heard a tenderer undersong.
Thy very wrath from pity grew,
From love of man thy hate of wrong.

Now past and present are as one.
The life below is life above.
Thy mortal years have but begun
The immortality of love.

With somewhat of thy lofty faith
We lay thy outworn garment by,
Give death but what belongs to death,
And life the life that cannot die!

Not for a soul like thine the calm
Of selfish ease and joys of sense,
But duty, more than crown or palm,
Its own exceeding recompense.

Go up and on! Thy day well done,
Its morning promise well fulfilled,
Arise to triumphs yet unwon,
To holier tasks that God has willed.

Go, leave behind thee all that mars
The work below of man for man.

Author Notes: All my writings are of an intuitive spiritual non-religious nature.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 May, 2018
Words
10,075
Read Time
50 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
838

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.