Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Who Cares For The Carer?
Who Cares For The Carer?

Who Cares For The Carer?

AquariusAquarius

This tale contains a message for all those loving and caring people everywhere, who are in danger of forgetting their own needs over attending to those of others.

A woman who was spending most of her life with feeding and educating people in need found that in spite of her heroic efforts, she ever more felt that the task she had set herself was merely a bottomless pit. One fine day, she became so discouraged that she decided to visit one of our world’s wise women, who these days are known as counsellors, hoping that the lady might help her to discover ways of coping better with her situation. Seated opposite the wise one, our woman started to pour out her heart and said: ‘There are so many needy people, especially children, in our world that what little I can do to ease their lot ever more feels like a mere drop in the ocean. Independent of how many people I attend to, there will always be an infinite number of them who are just as needy. The older I get, the more I get the feeling that I too could sometimes do with some help. That’s why I am here.’

After a moment’s reflection, the wise one replied: ‘The best way of finding a solution to any problem that’s too difficult to attend to on one’s own, is turning to one’s inner guidance, the wise one or living God within. Ask your question and then pay attention to how it reacts through the world of your feelings. I believe that’s the only place in the whole of Creation where truly reliable and trustworthy answers can be found. You probably feel that way because this part of your being has been asleep long enough. It wants your earthly self to wake up and start asking its questions in the right place. Not outside, but within. Alas, without asking no help can come from there to anyone. It’s the small still voice of conscience that responds whenever one of us turns to it.

A good time for asking any questions that are troubling you is while you are meditating. Ask and from then onwards pay attention to what replies come to you intuitively. This may not happen immediately, but they are sure to come and you will recognise them when they do. Any advice that comes to you in this manner can be followed without hesitation. So the next day, after meditating for a while, the woman put her question forward. To her delight, the wise one or living God within her responded straight away.

This is what came to her: ‘You have been neglecting your own desires and longings. Do not continue with this. Fulfil them and you will start to feel much more happy and content.’ Thanking for this advice, the woman sent a blessing to the wise counsellor who had helped her so much. And then she went to town and bought herself a big bunch of her favourite flowers, a large box of the finest chocolates she could find as well as a dress she had been admiring for quite a while in a shop window. On top of all that, she decided to regularly to take time off for looking after her own needs, on the inner as well as the outer level of her being.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius
Updated May 2022

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
14 May, 2022
Words
570
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
452

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.