Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Who was Princess Diana?
Who was Princess Diana?

Who was Princess Diana?

Kat_DickensKat Dickens
2 Reviews

Princess Diana, a publicly adored member of the royal family, was a victim of sudden and tragic death. Princess Diana, also known as the princess of wales, was the daughter of Frances Shand Kydd (mother), and John Spencer (father). She is remembered for her charity for animal protection and campaigning against the use of landmines. She was born into a family of British nobility in 1961, and she died on August 31, 1997. The public reacted with horror after hearing about their beloved princess’s death, as she was a victim of a motor vehicle accident, she was also a part of the royal family and because of the mysterious suddenness surrounding her death, it is now a part of many conspiracy theories.

The public was horrified when they learned about their beloved princess’s death. The public was not only upset about Diana’s death but they were also upset about the royal family's actions of secluding themselves from the public, after her death. Alastair Campbell came to capture the public’s reaction to the dead princess. "She was," he told the cameras that morning, "the people’s princess.” Also after her death well-wishers left more than a million bouquets. When Diana’s funeral was held on September 6th. And an estimated three million people poured into the streets of London to pay their respects to the dead princess while a further 2.5 billion people watched the worldwide television coverage. And her death did not just cause her nation to be in utter disbelief, but it causes the world to be as well.

Princess Diana was a part of the British royal family, and she also grew up close to the royal family on the Sandringham estate. She was the youngest daughter of John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer, and Frances Shand Kydd. And she was strongly affected by their divorce in 1967. Diana had three siblings her oldest was her sister Lady Sarah McCorquodale, then she had an older sister names Jane Fellowes, and lastly a younger brother named Charles spencer. Diana’s oldest sister dated Prince Charles before her sister Diana did, but would later go on to marry Neil Edmund McCorquodale. Diana married Charles, Prince of Wales on July 29, 1981. She had had two children Prince William was her first, and Prince Harry was her second. And Prince Harry is currently sixth in line to the throne. However, Princess Diana and her husband separated in 1992.

Because of the suddenness of Princess Diana’s death, it has been the subject of many conspiracy theories. This was due to the fact that the public couldn’t believe she was killed in something as random and sudden as a car crash. Both the French court and London’s Royal Courts of Justice deemed Diana’s death to be an accident, however, there are still countless people that believe in the conspiracy theory today. One common theory is that the Royal family had her killed because they were ashamed of her divorce. One piece of evidence that led to the creation of the conspiracy theory is that it is said that Diana herself had speculated about the plot against her and had written letters in 1995 about her fears of Charles planing an ‘accident' in her car. Another piece of evidence that caused more people to believe in the conspiracy theory was that the tunnel where the accident took place had surveillance cameras, but no footage of the accident was recovered! The belief in the conspiracy theory is important to many people because Princess Diana was one of the most famous women of her time, and she also was an icon of the royal family. The many theories surrounding her death can be found all over the internet as well as in some international Judicial systems.

Diana was a beloved Princess of the royal family, that death caused the people to react in horror, and because of the suddenness of her death, it is now that subject to countless conspiracy theories. My thoughts on Diana’s death was that it was not an accident, I believe this due to the fact that she had written letters that expressed her fear that her ex-husband Charles was planning an ‘accident’ in her car before her accident happened. Another reason is that the tunnel where the crash took place had surveillance cameras, but there was no footage of the crash. I also believe that it was her husband who had her killed, it could have been for many different reasons. But sadly we probably will never know what truly happened behind the scenes during the tragic crash. But nevertheless, Princess Diana will be remembered for ages to come, not only for the tragic nature of her death but also for the impact she had on the world today.

Author Notes: Please rate and tell me what you think

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Kat_Dickens
Kat Dickens
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 Oct, 2020
Words
785
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
1,390

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.