Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A Word At The Right Time
A Word At The Right Time

A Word At The Right Time

AquariusAquarius

A Word At The Right Time

On the whole silence is golden and whenever we manage to keep our peace we usually do not regret it. Yet, there are exceptions to every rule and in some situations not saying anything could decidedly be wrong. And occasionally we keep silent because we do not know what to say, especially when someone has suffered a personal loss. Well, what can we say? When every remark we could possibly make seems inadequate, let’s to turn to the wise one or living God within. A simple prayer like: ‘Please help me find the right words,’ or ‘May the right words always come,’ is enough. You will be delighted about what then comes to you.

Frequently, we remain silent in the hope of avoiding the awkwardness and discomfort of difficult situations. What can anyone say when one of their friends has lost a child in a traffic accident or to an illness or they are wading through the depths of depression? If we do not know what to say, we may avoid the bereaved family or the depressed person, but this merely adds to the burden of the loneliness of someone’s suffering. In the case of a lost child, I would like to explain to those who are grieving, as gently as possible, that I believe that their child has been released from earthly life and is now alive and well in the world of spirit, our true home. Naturally, the same is true each time an adult has passed into the world of light.

May we all be spared from such experiences. But should we hear of tragedies and suffering, let’s not stay away or keep silent. Sensing another’s pain, may have the courage to enter into it and say: ‘I am feeling with you.’ If the people are unfamiliar with the concept that in truth there is no death, try to bring this idea closer to them. Choose your words very carefully and don’t forget to ask your inner guidance in your mind for the right words, before you go to meet the people to whom you intend to bring comfort. When the simplest words are said with heartfelt sincerity, they have the power of supporting and lifting distressed spirit/souls.

Obviously mere words cannot restore anyone’s loss or take away their depression, but there is a great deal of truth in the old saying: ‘A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved and a joy shared doubles it.’

Who Is Blind?
Who is blind?
The one who cannot see another world.
Who is dumb?
The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right time.
Who is poor?
The one who is plagued by too many desires.
Who is rich?
The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
9 Apr, 2019
Words
471
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
669

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.