Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Your Voice
Your Voice

Your Voice

Lollipop_56scorp
3 Reviews

"Life is ultimately meaningless."

"You have friends and family!"

"Friends, my ass. They probably hate you anyway."

"But...but-"

"Shut up, you piece of useless filth. I know you didn't ask to be born, but you can just go die in a hole."

There are always to voices inside my head, in an constant battle. One tells me life is all about cupcakes and rainbows, while the other one tells me to hide in he shadows or crawl in a ditch, away from the pain. Away from the world. Away from everything.

"Just take the extra chocolate bar. You're hungry."

"Yeah, sure you fatso. Then you ask why you're so big."

"But, you just came back from swim practice!"

"You were just dragging your fat body across the water. Barely even moving. Don't you dare touch that bar."

"Yes! Yes! Only a few inches from your mouth. Now peel the wrapper off. Good! Eat it. You deserve it! Yay you!"

"YOU DUMBASS BITCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU'RE SO STUPID YOU'LL GET FAT OBESE MAYBE-"

"Shut up. Don't listen to it. It's just grumpy."

"DON'T LISTEN TO IT! BOW TO ME I WILL TEACH YOU TO BE PERFECT. THAT STUPID BEING WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO BECOME FAT."

Who to listen, who to ignore? Should I take advice from both? It's really tiring to listen to both voices everytime I make a choice. Yet sometimes I need to push both voices away, and pave my own path.

"Who's this?"

"Yeah. Who is it? There's only suppose to be ME, and that piece of crap that made you eat a candy bar."

"This is me. I get to pick. Now, both of you, screw off. I get to do what I want."

"In your dreams. I'm not leaving."

"Neither am I! I can be here to remind you life is all about joy!"

"Go away. Both. Of. You. It's time I take control."

"Aw, come on! I just want to help!"

"Me too!"

"Help by lying to me? Life isn't all joy and life isn't all pain. There are ups and downs, and I get to pick how to react and what I want to do. What I want to do right now is for both of you to go away."

"No! How dare you! You will regret this you will-"

"Oh no! Where did it go? Please don't shut me off! Be positive! Be healthy! Life is-"

Listening to your voice is the best. Your voice is important. And I can promise you, in a shouting crowd, your voice will carry out the farthest.

Author Notes: Special thanks to Oxygen, for inspiring me while we had one hell of a conversation

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
30 Mar, 2019
Words
434
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
4.7 (3 reviews)
Views
1,604

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.