Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Math Class
Math Class

Math Class

Lollipop_56scorp
6 Reviews

FIRE IN MY HEART
PART A

I tapped the tip of my pencil on the table impatiently. Math class. How interesting, I thought sarcastically. Everyone perptually complains about it. My seat was in the furthest corner on the left, right in front of the door(really, the gates of freedom), per my request. Lilly sat on my right and only a wall stood on my left, filled with gut-wrenching textboooks.

Lilly murmured a quick hi and plopped down on her seat. I took out my notebook and started to mindlessly doodle, desperate to have anything, and I mean anything, to distract myself. The teacher started his mind-numbing lecture as I drew a couple of mindless hearts in the corner of a spare sheet of paper. Terrible, I thought as quickly erased them and dropped the paper on the floor.

Quiet reigned over the class. I silently cursed and looked up, scared of what I was going to find. The teacher, Mr. Unisil was staring right at me. I smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "I will not tolerate littering in my class, Miss Sasha." I blushed at picked up my crumpled up the paper and threw it towards recycling.

After my classmates directed their attention back to the teacher, I let out a small sigh of relief. "That was close." murmured Lilly, flicking a piece of hair behind her shoulder. I leaned back, tapping my pencil against the table once again. She was right. One more piece of paper on the floor probably meant a stink-eye from Mr. Unisil and a bucketload of more complications. That probably included the principal.

I shot a quick look at the clock. I hour and 43 minutes. I almost groaned out loud. Mr. Unisil was still talking in the most monotone voice I've ever heard.

I pulled out my notebook in hopes to kill time, but instead just cracked it open and doodled some more, then looked up every minute so I looked like I was taking notes. Master of diguises, I thought with a snort.

I drew a sunset, with overlapping waves and seagulls that were really just stretched "v"s. I was getting even more bored. Nothing could quench my thirst for the hallway. Just as I was about to call it quits and risk the principal's office, my eyes darted to something written on the table.

I'm bored...

It read written blocky handwriting. I smirked and wrote back.

Same. Please spare me.

It was a joke, of course, but the initial note was enough to make me smile a little bit.

Author Notes: Hi! Thanks for reading! Math class is really not this bad lol, just thought it would be fun!
Part 2: https://www.shortstories101.com/story/notes/

Recommend Reviews (6) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lollipop_56
scorp
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 Mar, 2019
Words
427
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
4.8 (6 reviews)
Views
2,456

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.