Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The King of the Woods
The King of the Woods

The King of the Woods

Kat_DickensKat Dickens
1 Review

Once upon a time there lived a King, whose kingdom was the largest in the world and the richest. Because it was full of rich crops, precious metals, and stones. Now the King had only one daughter, but this daughter was always sad, and to the King, Queen and the whole kingdom, that nothing could ever make her happy. But the father could not help himself, to try and make his beloved daughter happy. He was always showering her with gifts, and treats, but it was all in vain because none of these things made his daughter happy. So the King decided that anyone who could make the princess happy, could have her hand in marriage. Now the princess was very pretty, so people from all over the world came and tried to make her happy, to win her hand in marriage. They brought all sorts of amazing gifts, animals, and some ever performed for the princess, but nothing could make the princess even smile. One day to the shock of everyone in the royal court, a bear had come, and said that he was the king of the forest and if he could not make the princess happy, then no one could. But the king had said that a bear would never get the chance to, and sent him away. And for a week many people from all over can and tried to make the princess happy, but like before nothing worked. And at the end of the week the bear came again, and said he was the king of the forest, and if he could not make the princess happy, then no one could. But like before the King sent him away. And another week passed without any luck, so now the king was desperate to find something to make his daughter happy, because she seemed to be getting sadder by the day. So when the bear came, and gave his speech once again, he said if all other sorts of noble people have failed to succeed, then it is without a doubt impossible for you to, so try, and give us a good laugh! With that the bear walked up to the princess, and whispered something in her ear, and then the princess started to smile! Then she started to laugh. But what surprised the royal court the most was, the bear then turned into a prince, the missing prince of a nearby kingdom! When the prince saw all the shocked faces on the people of the royal court he said, “When I was young a witch who had conflicts with my father, cursed me as a way to punish my father. The witch cursed me to be a bear forever, and the only way to break the curse was to marry a princess from the richest land. So when I heard the King's promise to give his daughter’s hand in marriage to any one who could make her happy, I visited a fairy who gave me the ability to make anyone whisper a special word into their ear the happiest person alive. So rejoice king, your daughter will be forever happy.” And the very next day the prince and the princess were married and they lived happily ever after.

Author Notes: please rate, and tell me what you think. By the way I wrote this story in 5th grade, so don't be to hard on me.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Kat_Dickens
Kat Dickens
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 May, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
543
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,091

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.